How to make mod parts apear after stock?

Wallace

Soo, I installed KAS and Infernal Robotics, and now I have to go through about 3 pages of parts to get to the stock batteries because the mod parts all go in front of stock.

I noticed however that Stretchy Tanks appear after the stock tanks, and I'm wondering why this is, and how I can do that to the other mods? I don't really want to install a parts organiser mod if I don't have to.

yep, aSquad might be more rememberable. Just remember, it loads everything in alphabetical order, using a depth first tree walk, so if you add another mod and it's alphabetically before whatever you name squad to, it will come first. But parts are designated by values in the .cfg file, so the position of them doesn't matter to your save. Internals are also named so they can move around. It's specifically plugins that might screw up if they're in the wrong place.

Edited by Greys

I called it AAAsquad, so I don't think I'll have anything come before that, it worked just fine, now I can get to my batteries and solar panels easy, and infernal robotics with all it's dozens of different sizes are sent to the very end, hooray!

I just found another unintended concequence; Flags.

If you used a squad flag in your save before changing the directory name, it will go to the default flag, you have to edit the persistence file to fix it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.