Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

I am voicing my opinion: Please do not break backwards compatibility with .24!

? .24 is not even out yet. There's no way anyone can guarantee compatibility with 0.24. Even then, I doubt that the 0.24 update will break RT.

? .24 is not even out yet. There's no way anyone can guarantee compatibility with 0.24. Even then, I doubt that the 0.24 update will break RT.

Actually if you look at the front page, I was looking for input on if the 0.24 version of RT2 should break compatibility with 0.23 saves. Given the score of about 20 against 1, it will.

And 0.24 is almost guaranteed to break 0.23 RT2. It's a major mod.

Actually if you look at the front page, I was looking for input on if the 0.24 version of RT2 should break compatibility with 0.23 saves. Given the score of about 20 against 1, it will.

Well, I stand corrected then.

That brings me to a question. Is there any idea of how 0.23.5 is going to effect RT2?

.24 is going to add new features anyway so I for one will be starting a new save no matter what. i have a feeling a lot of people will do the same. So forget forcing backwards compatibility as long as we get the mod on time

Hello remote tech users, hopefully you will see this post. I'm having the duplication/explosion issue mentioned earlier and I tried the hotfix to no avail. Are there any other solutions? I've posted a small one minute video of the issue. Thanks

http://youtu.be/DPAOc4W3w_I

Guess you don't have a big net work up now ? can try something if you want give me a PM.

Edited by Mecripp2

Guess you don't have a big net work up now ? can try something if you want give me a PM.

Yeah I only have 3 satellites up at the moment. I found the duplicate satellites in the tracking station and I was able to delete them. Hopefully it fixes the problem for now...

Hello remote tech users, hopefully you will see this post. I'm having the duplication/explosion issue mentioned earlier and I tried the hotfix to no avail. Are there any other solutions? I've posted a small one minute video of the issue. Thanks

http://youtu.be/DPAOc4W3w_I

Did the satellites already exist before you installed the hot fix? If so, there's a chance the duplicate already existed.

Did the satellites already exist before you installed the hot fix? If so, there's a chance the duplicate already existed.

I don't think so ... however I'm not 100%. I guess I will just have to wait and see lol. Seems like nobody else is having issues after the hotfix so maybe it will work now.

For anyone who is interested, here is cfg I made for RemoteTech2 to be used with RSS and RO. To use, simply put both cfgs in your Gamedata folder, and delete the AIES RT2 cfg if you have it.

Make sure you have the following settings in your RemoteTech_Settings.cfg:

ConsumptionMultiplier = 1

RangeMultiplier = 1

RangeModelType = Root

MultipleAntennaMultiplier = somewhere between 0.25 and 1. Experiment to see what works best for you.

I also suggest increasing your ground station omni range, but whether or not, and by how much is up to you.

If you add this to an existing save, you may find that some of your probes/satellites are no longer in range, or don't have enough power, so I recommend only using it on a new save.

Many thanks to NathanKell and RedAV8R for helping me put this together.

Edited by brooklyn666

No, check the cfg. I changed all of the antenna stats. The current way people use RT2 with RSS is exactly what you said, but that's not realistic. I made all of the values more realistic, including "electric charge" which RO coverts to watts. And no, the distances aren't insane, they're just scaled to real life.

No, check the cfg. I changed all of the antenna stats. The current way people use RT2 with RSS is exactly what you said, but that's not realistic. I made all of the values more realistic, including "electric charge" which RO coverts to watts. And no, the distances aren't insane, they're just scaled to real life.

There is no download ? And the range should have only changed be x10 if, I have read it right so all you had to do is add a 0 on the end of the ranges besides maybe change the power.

EDIT my bad and DishAngle. and what wrong with using AIES besides the range and power need fixed ?

Edited by Mecripp2

the link is the word 'here'

The point isn't to make everything the same just 10x, it's to make everything more realistic. That means some values increased, some decreased. It's balance, not simply rescale.

And the AIES is fine, but it conflicts with my cfg, so don't use both. One or the other.

Well, I stand corrected then.

That brings me to a question. Is there any idea of how 0.23.5 is going to effect RT2?

No clue, but don't expect a fix from me for it until 0.24 hits.

Hi,

I have encountered the following issue:

http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalAcademy/comments/21b4rg/station_ship_disintegrate_after_successful/

Can any1 please tell me if this bug could be related to RT2 (as some1 in comments said), or not ?

@ClipH - are you perhaps aware of the issue (if it is RT2 bug) and how to fix and/or work around it ?

- also is there a way to disable the complete RT2 plugin functionality without removing files from GameData (I want to keep parts, but temporarily disable plugin functionality just to check if the bug i noticed was related to RT2)

Edited by Grunf911

Hi,

I have encountered the following issue:

http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalAcademy/comments/21b4rg/station_ship_disintegrate_after_successful/

Can any1 please tell me if this bug could be related to RT2 (as some1 in comments said), or not ?

If you are using the community hotfix on the first page of this thread it is probably NOT RT2 causing your ships to come apart or explode. You should check in the tracking station however to make certain that you have not got any duplicated ships listed there (this is now a rarely occurring bug). If you have any duplicated ships listed in the tracking station then delete the duplicate versions and exploding will then cease.

The separate tracking station lockup bug seems to be the only real bug coming out of the hotfix version of RT2. No known fix for that, only work-a-rounds.

If you large ship is falling apart rather than violently exploding then I strongly recommend Ferram's wonderful joint reinforcement mod http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55657-0-23-Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement-v2-1-3-7-14. In my experience, the TAC parts mentioned in the reddit thread you link above have particularly weak joints.

If you are using the community hotfix on the first page of this thread it is probably NOT RT2 causing your ships to come apart or explode. You should check in the tracking station however to make certain that you have not got any duplicated ships listed there (this is now a rarely occurring bug). If you have any duplicated ships listed in the tracking station then delete the duplicate versions and exploding will then cease.

The separate tracking station lockup bug seems to be the only real bug coming out of the hotfix version of RT2. No known fix for that, only work-a-rounds.

If you large ship is falling apart rather than violently exploding then I strongly recommend Ferram's wonderful joint reinforcement mod http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55657-0-23-Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement-v2-1-3-7-14. In my experience, the TAC parts mentioned in the reddit thread you link above have particularly weak joints.

Actually i already use Joint Reinforcement system, this one way one of my other suspects for the issue. But thx for the duplication check in tracking station. Will check it, although i have never yet seen a duplicated ship

I do think it is a bug somewhere as regardless of weak joints in TAC components it does not make sense in scenario 2 that the ship and station are perfectly OK when connected with fuel line, yet do a quick and violent disassemble a second later when kerbal enters capsule.

My rough guess is that it deals somewhere with taking over control (or determining which module controls the joined parts), as in both cases the disintegration happened precisely when it should show the joined ship (1-2 sec after docking)

Edited by Grunf911

It sounds like a KAS issue to me rather than an RT2 one. I have come to expect the unexpected spontaneous disassembly with KAS:huh: Otherwise, I am out of ideas, sorry.