Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

I'm running into an issue where the Center of Mass is moving outside of my vessel (Specifically a spaceplane) and the thread mentioned that it was an RT2 issue (Mentioned HERE with workaround) and I was curious if anyone else is having this issue?

The issue is when you reactivate remote tech you will need to go into your save file and manually activate and aim every antenna, this is a charlie foxtrot
hehehe he said "Charlie foxtrot" ....... nice ... reminds me of my USAF days .. Sierra Hotel ... FUBAR ... gotta love it :-)

ive nver heard of rt2 causing that issue. it could be a combinatiaon of mods. also so u know far has major issues and can be causing it. ive had rockets where due to far getting a error on 1 part would only have half the rocket without far on it. making it pull one direction.

I'm running into an issue where the Center of Mass is moving outside of my vessel (Specifically a spaceplane) and the thread mentioned that it was an RT2 issue (Mentioned HERE with workaround) and I was curious if anyone else is having this issue?

I got it, but it went away after I removed RealChutes support from the stock parachutes. Maybe it's a mod conflict?

I'm having this weird issue. I'm not exactly sure from what point forward it happens, but whenever I accelerate time beyond 10x the lines that represent signal get separated from wherever they were coming and move around when I change the camera orientation.

g3D5uuIl.jpg

NdkqVHyl.jpg

Quick loading will usually fix it, but if I save after this happens on the next quick load everything disappears and I have to restart the game.

Edited by Jofe

Lots of family in the military, we all use the lingo.

as I had figured :) small group uses lingo like that ... well small on a global level .. it had to be you or a clan of lifers / or at the least a family of short term enlistees lol ...

I am getting a weird bug here and can't seem to figure it out. I have two antennas that wont connect at all. Any time that I try and use them I get the out of power message. Any ideas as to the cause/how to fix? (yes, they do indeed have power)

Download link for the mod no longer seems to be working. I keep getting a "Error 404 - not found" when I click the spaceport link.

Ah, right, I removed it from spaceport but I forgot the forum still links to it.

is this working with 0.23.5?

Short answer:yes

Long Answer:currently a lot of features of this mod became broken or started misbehaving after the .23.5 update,so use at own risk.

As stated in the title, the mod is not supported by the mod author since he's busy irl (in real life)

Support & new development will continue after the .24 update for KSP slated for somewhere in the coming month.

Edited by Resender
correcting spelling mistakes

resender dont give out false info. without the latest community fix only 1 thing is broken and that is radar station veiw.

which means the mod works fine but when in radar station u wont see rt stuff but when on a ship u see them fine in map veiw

resender dont give out false info. without the latest community fix only 1 thing is broken and that is radar station veiw.

which means the mod works fine but when in radar station u wont see rt stuff but when on a ship u see them fine in map view

I did not see their had been a community fix when I made the post,so at the time I wrote it I didn't know a fix had been made by the community

Ever since downloading the DLL fix, the spot where the speed up and down is, there's a pink box around that area and is also missing the whole UI there, like there is missing ui artwork. Anyone else having that problem?

http://imgur.com/iBADS4f

Never mind, kind of fixed it, guess gotta wait for an update to the latest patch. I was just starting up Remotetech for the first time ever. With the DLL fix, you can't communicate with home base to send up the first satellite. With just the DLL none of the interface works. Mod looks awesome though, was hoping I could try it, since I've done everything I could in the game without it.

Edited by Suikostinger

RT2 does work in v23.5 but so far I can only get the antennas to get out to 79million or so - its a kool mod - eye candy in a sense - I opted to not use it because of the range and antennas - I think there is a DishAngle issue I dont understand and also even if you deactivate an antenna it will revert to a range of the previous antenna even when not used; this looks like an ingame inherant mechnic causing this.

I cant tell if the reflectron 500k distance is reverted to; and however any of the antennas if they work at all work better if there is only one antenna of its type on the ship; even the probe omni range added could cause an issue as it acts like another antenna on the ship.

One could try to drop the omni off the probe and continue testing - I gave up as I want to play this game LOL; I have had enough of mod troubleshooting for awhile! I will prbly look at it again at some point.

cdr zeta

Ever since downloading the DLL fix, the spot where the speed up and down is, there's a pink box around that area and is also missing the whole UI there, like there is missing ui artwork. Anyone else having that problem?

http://imgur.com/iBADS4f

Never mind, kind of fixed it, guess gotta wait for an update to the latest patch. I was just starting up Remotetech for the first time ever. With the DLL fix, you can't communicate with home base to send up the first satellite. With just the DLL none of the interface works. Mod looks awesome though, was hoping I could try it, since I've done everything I could in the game without it.

If you downloaded JUST The hotfix then this is the issue, you also need the main download for proper functionality.

On an unrelated note, My Shifting CoM issue was due to RemoteTech (I deleted the .dll and it went away) thoughI will continue to explore the issue.

RT2 does work in v23.5 but so far I can only get the antennas to get out to 79million or so - its a kool mod - eye candy in a sense - I opted to not use it because of the range and antennas - I think there is a DishAngle issue I dont understand and also even if you deactivate an antenna it will revert to a range of the previous antenna even when not used; this looks like an ingame inherant mechnic causing this.

I cant tell if the reflectron 500k distance is reverted to; and however any of the antennas if they work at all work better if there is only one antenna of its type on the ship; even the probe omni range added could cause an issue as it acts like another antenna on the ship.

One could try to drop the omni off the probe and continue testing - I gave up as I want to play this game LOL; I have had enough of mod troubleshooting for awhile! I will prbly look at it again at some point.

cdr zeta

Somewhat misleading. RT2 is NOT limited to 79 million in 0.23.5. I have dishes out across the Kerbol system at billions of meters, all the way to Jool. And this mod is hardly "eye candy". It's very easy to loose an entire mission if you make a mistake with antenna ranges or LOS. In my opinion, you don't really understand how to use this mod.

Hotfix? There's a new hotfix? I did get PMs by viperfan saying he removed TimeQuadrantPatcher, but that was a mistake.

Ahh, perhaps I shall stay out of it then; in my excitement I'd presumed that viperfan's update was

a.) correct,

b.) included the hotfix update, and

c.) compiled to 0.23.5.

All were assumptions which may be incorrect.