Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

can anyone please help with this? I seem to be having the issue as slimecrusher a few posts up.

im new to RT2. I seem to have done everything correctly, i even grabbed the hotfix, i watched a few tutorials and i just cant seem to get any connection.

I build a simple probe, stayputnik, battery, some fuel and engines, and a reflectron dp10. this is in RSS with most of the overhaul mods and in career mode.

now on the launch pad with a launch clamp.. right click on clamp and probe core and i have omni range at 5k and 3k as they should be, but the reflectron is at 0 range and is status:off. i cant click to turn it on or i get the no connection error, I have no connection at all indicated by the red calculator in the upper left of the screen. What gives here?

Arent the reflectrons supposed to be active by default? its just showing off and i cant do anything about it or i get an error message. i cant throttle up, pitch or do any controling what so ever or i get an connection error message, however strangely i can toggle sas and rcs as normal, i can even space bar to attempt to stage and this will release the launch clamp but my probe just falls to the ground.

also strangly enough, the AIES CommTech DF-RD antenna shows a status: operational and a proper omni range of 1Mm but i still have no connection and cant do anything.

Manned pods are local control only and i cant establish any sort of connection with them either. Does anyone know what could be going on here?

try this https://www.dropbox.com/s/m3mi5anvr2yszqj/RT2_RSS.cfg

Can anayone help me,

I've got 3 probes in a geosync orbit (A,B and C).

A hangs above the KSC and has 4 dishes,1 for the KSC, 1 pointed at active vessel and 2 at the other sattelites.

B and C both have 3 dishes. 2 for each other sattelite and 1 at active vessel.

Now is have a unmanned vessel i wanna send to duna currently waiting in a 100km kerbin orbit, it has 2 dishes and some omnidirectional crap, the dishes are pointed at B and C.

the problem is that it never connects to either B or C i only have control when im directly above the KSC(from the omni antenna)

Im completly new to this mod, am I doing anything wrong ?or is this a bug. if yes how can I fix it.

PS.

yes the dunaprobe is actually my active vessel

yes i installed the community hotfix

Thx in advance

Can anayone help me,

A hangs above the KSC and has 4 dishes,1 for the KSC, 1 pointed at active vessel and 2 at the other sattelites.

Now is have a unmanned vessel i wanna send to duna currently waiting in a 100km kerbin orbit, it has 2 dishes and some omnidirectional crap, the dishes are pointed at B and C.

the problem is that it never connects to either B or C i only have control when im directly above the KSC(from the omni antenna)

Im completly new to this mod, am I doing anything wrong ?or is this a bug. if yes how can I fix it.

PS.

Thx in advance

I wouldn't use active vessel as soon as you leave kerbal SOI you more then likely will lose connection use target vessel and have some dish around kerbin using target body to the planet your going to and on the vessel your using to be safe.

Edit but your active vessel is pointing at them and there just pointing active vessel you unman vessel need to have a dish target active vessel but like, I said , I wouldn't use active vessel that just makes problems.

Edited by Mecripp2

Can anayone help me,

PS.

Thx in advance

Hmm... this does seem like it should work. Have you tried pointing one of the probe's dishes to A?

If that also doesn't work, maybe it really is a bug. Post an issue on github, and include your save file.

If your using RSS put in your KSP/GameData folder it should help with range for RSS

Do i just throw it in there? Or i put it inside RT2's folder? I'll try just throwing it there as you said, though i've noticed that KSC is in the middle of the ocean, that may be why, if it works, thanks! If it doesn't, thanks anyways!

This doesn't seem to do anything except alter the ranges and other stats on different antennas, i still have no connection.

Since my previous post ive tried removing config files from other mods in the realism overhaul thread that may seemingly alter the functionality of remote tech. Ive tried over a dozen times loading KSP up with different combinations of different antenna config stuff/hotfixes/setting changes that seems to be offered or suggested all over the place here on the forums and still nothing. i tried changing signal delay to false and nothing. i dont know what else to try.

anyone else have this issue? any ideas?

This doesn't seem to do anything except alter the ranges and other stats on different antennas, i still have no connection.

Since my previous post ive tried removing config files from other mods in the realism overhaul thread that may seemingly alter the functionality of remote tech. Ive tried over a dozen times loading KSP up with different combinations of different antenna config stuff/hotfixes/setting changes that seems to be offered or suggested all over the place here on the forums and still nothing. i tried changing signal delay to false and nothing. i dont know what else to try.

anyone else have this issue? any ideas?

did u try going into remote tech settings and changeing this to 10? MultipleAntennaMultiplier = 0 change to MultipleAntennaMultiplier = 10

also dont use the MM 2.0,1 or so it was i tried it and rt stuff wouldnt work stick with 1.5.7

@hydraa seems u havent planned your network very well and that is your problem. for a com sat relay in kerbin. kerbin is the core of your network u have to set it up right or u cry when that probe u lauched a year ago crashes into jool cause lost signal on aerobrake burn.

this is how i set up and design my sat. now this is just my opinion some may set up difernt but this setu has never failed me so far.

1. design your sat and plan it well. for me what i normaly do is 1 400gm dish and 4 90Mm dishes

2. kerbin sat network is the most important part of yur coms. for me i put 1 in geo at 0 inc above mission control then i do another at geo distance at 90 inc. also i put a ring of sats at 1000km. also i normaly put 1 at 0 inc at 70Mm from kerbin and another at 70Mm with 90 inc

3.how u point the dishes in kerban system will decide if a probe loses connection one it leaves or if it keeps its connection. how i point my dishes are the 1000km sat 400gm is always active target and the 90Mm are 1 at kerbin 1 at mun and minmus each and last i point at the kerbin geo sat at 0 inc. as for the ones at geo distancee i pont 400gm at active 1 90Mm at other geo distance 1 at kerbin and last 2 point at the 2 70Mm sats and set up the 70Mm sats same way as the kerbin geo.

thats how i set up my network for kerbin system everything else should be able to explain itself. remeber rt2 isnt like rt1 and u cant throw up random sats and get good coverage u have to think abit and try to have some redundancy. if u use both rt2 dishes and aies dishes along with probe parts/cores u can easily make your kerbin sats at 5 or so tons and be not much biger than a 1 man pod

possible issue to report. If I'm in time warp with another vessel loaded nearby, when I get to the point where I re-establish a connection to Mission Control the connection line just breaks off from the view angle - like I can pan the view around the line stays where it is. Coming out of warp it doesn't fix itself, and it also manages to do a good job screwing up my save - I found 3 extra vessels of the one that was loaded next to me when I looked at my save file. Yey for backups. If this is a known issue, then cool. Otherwise if not I'll look into it further to ensure repeatable results, etc.

Whoops nope, I just tried warping while I had a connection to KSC and the lines fell right off as soon as I hit 100x speed. Guess it's just a KSP bug - I will have to strip out mods and check. Odd thing is I did use warp earlier when closing the distance slowly, but I don't think I went faster than 5x or 10x so maybe that kept things okay

Edited by Gaiiden

@sidfu

Yea but lets strip it down for a sec. I have a probe and a sattelite, the probe points at sattlite and the sattlite points at active vessel(both orbit kerbin for now). A connection should form between those two right ?? regardless of any other crap flying around.

Even with a clear LOS I dont see a line between the 2.

@Starstrider42

I actually use a buttload of other mods (Scott Manleys Interstellar Quest), so posting savegame might be difficult.

Now i think of it, can it be a mod conflict?

I desperately do not want compatibility broken with 0.23. Let's get this working before moving forward.

That's not what he's talking about. Compatibility with 0.23 will probably break regardless when 0.24 comes out. He means compatibility with saves.

I spent my weekend writing an inversion of control container and dependency injector. Why? Because it's fun. Did RemoteTech need it? Not necessarily, but it makes the code look pretty?

I have priority issues.

But yes, breaking compatibility with KSP 0.23 is a given as with all mods. However compatibility with 0.23 saves will also be broken. Broken in that RemoteTech no longer functions on those saves out of the box. The saves themselves are fine, just without RT content working. As per Scott Manley's request I'll write an ingame editor that allows you to reconfigure everything instead of editing persistence files.

Edited by Cilph

did u try going into remote tech settings and changeing this to 10? MultipleAntennaMultiplier = 0 change to MultipleAntennaMultiplier = 10

also dont use the MM 2.0,1 or so it was i tried it and rt stuff wouldnt work stick with 1.5.7

i gave the settings config a change and nothing noticeable changes. i still have no connection what so ever with any antenna on any probe in any configuration i can think of

i completely removed all mods and restarted a fresh install with just remote tech 2 and i have a connection (green calculator is a connection right) with a simple probe setup.

Once i go ahead and add the real solar system and the overhaul configs im back to not having any connection at all. theres got to be some sort of conflict going on, id love to make it all work together but i dont see what im doing wrong.

i gave the settings config a change and nothing noticeable changes. i still have no connection what so ever with any antenna on any probe in any configuration i can think of

i completely removed all mods and restarted a fresh install with just remote tech 2 and i have a connection (green calculator is a connection right) with a simple probe setup.

Once i go ahead and add the real solar system and the overhaul configs im back to not having any connection at all. theres got to be some sort of conflict going on, id love to make it all work together but i dont see what im doing wrong.

Is that with launch clams ? and think RSS is moving KSC so your to far to get a connection but launch clams are like a probecore.

I spent my weekend writing an inversion of control container and dependency injector. Why? Because it's fun. Did RemoteTech need it? Not necessarily, but it makes the code look pretty?

I have priority issues.

But yes, breaking compatibility with KSP 0.23 is a given as with all mods. However compatibility with 0.23 saves will also be broken. Broken in that RemoteTech no longer functions on those saves out of the box. The saves themselves are fine, just without RT content working. As per Scott Manley's request I'll write an ingame editor that allows you to reconfigure everything instead of editing persistence files.

Anyone ever told you how much a boss you are? :cool:

@hydraa seems u havent planned your network very well and that is your problem. for a com sat relay in kerbin. kerbin is the core of your network u have to set it up right or u cry when that probe u lauched a year ago crashes into jool cause lost signal on aerobrake burn.

this is how i set up and design my sat. now this is just my opinion some may set up difernt but this setu has never failed me so far.

1. design your sat and plan it well. for me what i normaly do is 1 400gm dish and 4 90Mm dishes

2. kerbin sat network is the most important part of yur coms. for me i put 1 in geo at 0 inc above mission control then i do another at geo distance at 90 inc. also i put a ring of sats at 1000km. also i normaly put 1 at 0 inc at 70Mm from kerbin and another at 70Mm with 90 inc

3.how u point the dishes in kerban system will decide if a probe loses connection one it leaves or if it keeps its connection. how i point my dishes are the 1000km sat 400gm is always active target and the 90Mm are 1 at kerbin 1 at mun and minmus each and last i point at the kerbin geo sat at 0 inc. as for the ones at geo distancee i pont 400gm at active 1 90Mm at other geo distance 1 at kerbin and last 2 point at the 2 70Mm sats and set up the 70Mm sats same way as the kerbin geo.

thats how i set up my network for kerbin system everything else should be able to explain itself. remeber rt2 isnt like rt1 and u cant throw up random sats and get good coverage u have to think abit and try to have some redundancy. if u use both rt2 dishes and aies dishes along with probe parts/cores u can easily make your kerbin sats at 5 or so tons and be not much biger than a 1 man pod

I use ModuleManager.2.0.1 and RT2 works just fine with it.

Methinks 'twas a compliment, Cilph, in response to the in-game editor.

Oh yeah nevermind the fact that I haven't started that and a ton of other stuff while 0.24 is close. *hits self*

@mecripo accounding to the forums its a white space issue its that it dont effect everyone. for me when i use it all my rt2 stuff and about half my .cfg dont get applied ill probaly play with it later to see what it is but right now no reason till more mods use what the 2.0.1 adds.

@ keychain some of the RSS .cfg move whre mission control is so u might have to do mannaed launches to get network up first

I think what is everyone wants is 23.5 update for the RT2 with at least some new features you have in mind, as for 0.24 I guess you don't know what exactly wil be changed by the devs, so it hardly speed up the process of development of RT2. On the other hand you can get a lot of feedback on buggs and new features. I understand that having such a popular add-on is pressure from fans but really, game have no taste without RT2 and the last release was quite a while already.

I think what is everyone wants is 23.5 update for the RT2 with at least some new features you have in mind, as for 0.24 I guess you don't know what exactly wil be changed by the devs, so it hardly speed up the process of development of RT2. On the other hand you can get a lot of feedback on buggs and new features. I understand that having such a popular add-on is pressure from fans but really, game have no taste without RT2 and the last release was quite a while already.

I'm aware, but to do a release, the code would need to be in a releasable state, and it hasn't been like that since 0.22, because I'm an idiot who can't complete a feature or redesign before starting on the next.