Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

Could someone tell me if Remote Tech 2 has been updated for .23.5 or if there is a community hotfix? I just want to know so I can play the interstellar quest as scott manley did. Also I am anxious for the realism that this mod provides.

The title of the thread says 0.23.5 is not supported. Scott Manley currently is playing on .23 and does not use RT due to the bugs.

The title of the thread says 0.23.5 is not supported. Scott Manley currently is playing on .23 and does not use RT due to the bugs.

It works fine in 0.23.5. And Scott's latest video shows him updating his mods (including RT) to 0.23.5.

Some people are saying it's working fine on 0.23.5, but after I installed it I get the antennas and the UI button for the flight computer, but no RT functionality, as if the RemoteTech2.dll were not installed. Anyone experienced this?

Update: I missed the updated ModuleManager.dll

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ialdabaoth/ModuleManager/master/ModuleManager.2.0.1.dll

Edited by lodestar

Some people are saying it's working fine on 0.23.5, but after I installed it I get the antennas and the UI button for the flight computer, but no RT functionality, as if the RemoteTech2.dll were not installed. Anyone experienced this?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ialdabaoth/ModuleManager/master/ModuleManager.2.0.1.dll

Did you install hotfix too http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/56399-0-23-RemoteTech-2-v1-3-3-Late-Christmas-Edition?p=901076&viewfull=1#post901076 and the new MM is 2.03 https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ModuleManager/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/jenkins-ModuleManager-2/ModuleManager-2.0.3.zip you just need 1 MM

What have you lost ? if you use KSO it there are alot of mods with parts that will let you have control with out a connection.

It works fine in 0.23.5. And Scott's latest video shows him updating his mods (including RT) to 0.23.5.

He pulled RT2 out of 0.23 quasi-permanently because he was having a problem with the game locking up with RT2 installed (possibly a conflict with other plugins that were less convenient to pull out). I've started seeing what may be the same issue as my 0.23/Interstellar save has grown. If he's giving the plugin a new try in 0.23.5, that can only be good news.

He pulled RT2 out of 0.23 quasi-permanently because he was having a problem with the game locking up with RT2 installed (possibly a conflict with other plugins that were less convenient to pull out). I've started seeing what may be the same issue as my 0.23/Interstellar save has grown. If he's giving the plugin a new try in 0.23.5, that can only be good news.

I was wondering what problem he was having because I am using the same mods (along with a ton more) and I haven't had any problem with RT for the entire career (except through my own incompetence)

The hotfix sort of worked.. All the RT2 buttons are that familiar shade of magenta we all know. Anyone know the fix for this? xD

Edit: Silly me, I forgot the actual mod..

Edited by AuToFiRE

Hey all. I'm a fairly experienced RT2 user, but I have a problem that I can't figure out. Just so you know my capabilities for finding this, I'm a software engineer. I have (re)written a mod before. I know about the debug console and debug log. I have written Unity programs before. I know how KSP Modules work. I know all about the types of SPUs, antennae, ranges, functions, and how to target one thing to another. Still... I am getting this error:

pHH0L5T.png

Notice it says "Connected" and "No connection" at the same time. I can stage. I can turn on/off RCS and SAS. I can't throttle up. If I put a Kerbal in the ship then my throttle jumps to 100% but if I remove the Kerbal then it drops to 0% again (using CrewManifest). If I stage, the boosters activate but the throttle stays 0% so of course things fall over and die.

I have KSP 0.23.5

RT2 1.3.3

RT2 DLL from 2014.01.08.22.30.ZIP (that was a community fix for 0.23.5 right?)

ModuleManager 2.0.3

Any help appreciated.

Edited by Felbourn
spelling

Hey all. I'm a fairly experienced RT2 user, but I have a problem that I can't figure out. Just so you know my capabilities for finding this, I'm a software engineer. I have (re)written a mod before. I know about the debug console and debug log. I have written Unity programs before. I know how KSP Modules work. I know all about the types of SPUs, antennae, ranges, functions, and how to target one thing to another. Still... I am getting this error:

http://i.imgur.com/pHH0L5T.png

Notice it says "Connected" and "No connection" at the same time. I can stage. I can turn on/off RCS and SAS. I can't throttle up. If I put a Kerbal in the ship then my throttle jumps to 100% but if I remove the Kerbal then it drops to 0% again (using CrewManifest). If I stage, the boosters activate but the throttle stays 0% so of course things fall over and die.

I have KSP 0.23.5

RT2 1.3.3

ModuleManager 2.0.3

Any help appreciated.

The 2014-01-08 hot fix was originally for 0.23. There have been some newer community fixes since 0.23.5 came out in April, but it didn't sound like the issues they addressed would cause what you're seeing.

On the off chance that it suggests something useful, what kind of probe core are you using?

The 2014-01-08 hot fix was originally for 0.23. There have been some newer community fixes since 0.23.5 came out in April, but it didn't sound like the issues they addressed would cause what you're seeing.

On the off chance that it suggests something useful, what kind of probe core are you using?

Oh, I missed the link to the new community fix. Is that in this (long) thread somewhere? I will look again.

Probe... well... all of them. My usual debugging technique in KSP is to basically binary search the parts/modules/changes that I can use/make until I find one small change that causes the problem. Since my last post, that's what I have been doing (actually for 6 hours now that is what I have been doing). Here is where I am now, and I have it isolated to one action that causes the problem.

If I take this craft to the launch pad then I can adjust the throttle without any problem.

ktwItAJ.png

If I revert to the VAB and click on the lower part of the rocket

G8kfJLH.png

then just re-attach it immediately without doing anything else

p6cpDBg.png

This causes the throttle to be uncontrollable. You can see my debug log shows no error. If I reload the craft file, it works. Separate the parts and reattach, and nothing else, stops working.

http://i.imgur.com/pHH0L5T.png

I have KSP 0.23.5

RT2 1.3.3

ModuleManager 2.0.3

Any help appreciated.

You using RSS ? KSC is moved in RSS if it looks like earth.

EDIT Edit your RemoteTech_settins.cfg to look like

ConsumptionMultiplier = 1

RangeMultiplier = 1

ActiveVesselGuid = 35b89a0d664c43c6bec8d0840afc97b2

SpeedOfLight = 3E+08

MapFilter = Omni, Dish, Planet, Path

EnableSignalDelay = True

RangeModelType = Standard

MultipleAntennaMultiplier = 1.0

ThrottleTimeWarp = False

DishConnectionColor = 0.9960784,0.7019608,0.03137255,1

OmniConnectionColor = 0.5529412,0.5176471,0.4078431,1

ActiveConnectionColor = 0.6588235,1,0.01568628,1

GroundStations

{

STATION

{

Name = Mission Control

Latitude = 28.608389

Longitude = -80.604333

Height = 75

Body = 1

Antennas

{

ANTENNA

{

Omni = 7.5E+07

}

}

}

}

If your using RSS. Edited by Mecripp2

It's not RSS. That's maybe the only mod I am not using. ;) Anyway, if my craft can throttle until I detach/attach the lower stage, and then it stops, I would not expect a range issue. I looked at the RT source but I didn't see a debug mode or option to get extra logging. Admittedly, I did not look for a long time. If anyone knows if there is a toggle for more debugging, please let me know.

Don't know if this helps at all, but this is a text diff of the RT2 dump from F11. On the left is where it works. If I disconnect and reconnect the lower stage, causing the throttle to fail, then I get the dump on the right. So... left works, right does not.

cJPkaVH.png

Edited by Felbourn
typo

I have figured out how to reproduce the problem, and therefore how to work around the problem. I don't know the code fix for it because I didn't check the code at all, but I suspect it's a tree traversal bug. Here is the simplified version of the problem.

Say I have a payload with an antenna, a rocket with an antenna, and something in the middle like a docking port. (I'm not sure if it being a docking port is relevant.)

(payload)-(docking port)-(rocket)

Now say you build the rocket like this:

(payload)

(payload)-(docking port)

The throttle does not function.

Instead do it like this:

(docking port)

(docking port)-(rocket)

The throttle functions.

Also, this can be reproduced once the rocket is complete. You simply disconnect the rocket and reattach it. Try to launch and the throttle will not function. Go back to VAB and disconnect the payload. Reconnect it and try to launch. Throttle functions. It can be repeated 100% of the time.

This tells me that the bug probably has to do with tree traversals of some kind because the only effect these disconnect/reconnect actions have is to reorder the internal nodes/links of the craft's hierarchy. The root remains the same, but the "first branch" is being changed by the disconnect/reconnect action, and for some reason RT2 is not liking one half of my craft tree structure, but the other half functions properly.

Edited by Felbourn

There seems to be a problem with pointing dishes at bodies in space. I have a probe heading to Eeloo to do some science while passing high over it, then making a correction burn to get back home. Problem is, pointing my huge unfoldable dish at Kerbin doesn't seem to give me connection. The high range dish comms around Kerbin have both an omni antenna and the unfoldable dish as well so it's not the problem with the satellites back home. However, pointing the dish on the probe at specific satellites DOES give me control. The problem is i only brought one dish, hoping to be able to point it at Kerbin and be fine. If i try pointing it at a specific sat, only that sat receives the signal meaning when it goes to the other side of Kerbin, i either have to repoint the dish or wait for it to emerge out of the other side. This is very annoying

GentlemanJack, do you see the "cone" drawn in the Map view? That should give you an idea of the radius you'll get at different distances.

Also, what range are you at? If you're testing your connection at moderately short range, then, yes, you're going to have exactly the problem you described. Also at long range, if your Kerbin sats are in a very high orbit (e.g., "I'll just put them out beyond Minmus"), you increase the required cone angle to make a connection to all of them. The huge unfoldable, of course, has the narrowest "cone", which exacerbates any of these issues!

On my outer-planets probe design, I have one GX-128 (huge unfoldable) targeting Kerbin, and then two Communotron 88-88s each targeting one of my relay satellites. By dedicating an antenna to each relay, I have continuous connection from anywhere above Kerbin's atmosphere out to the maximum range of the 88-88s. By the time those go out of range, the cone on the GX-128 should be wide enough to cover both relays.

Yeaaaah.....

With the experimentals around the corner and my progress ever so slow it might be a good idea to put the project on hiatus. Coding 40h a week for a living really kills the motivation. If anyone wants to fork the project, the code is GPL-licensed. You'll have to get artwork permission from carmics and kommit, although I don't think they would mind. Let me know as well though, I can only endorse one of them.

I'll be putting myself in a feature freeze - no more silly architecture changes or extra features until I get a release out. Most of this code is local and not on the github repo. You'll find the botched 0.23 release under the Master branch. The Develop branch is my personal playground so I wouldn't advise using that - it doesn't reflect my current local code anyway. I've been fearing pushing for a long time ever since people started pull requests for bugfixes in clearly unfinished code. (I appreciate the sentiment, but creeeppyyyy)

Yes, I do still plan on putting out a release, but I don't want to get everyone's hopes up. You've been waiting for a loooong-*** time and I feel I can't deliver. Once I got a job and moved twice in a three month span my life got twist turned upside down, so I'd like to take a----Let me cut off the Fresh Prince joke right there.

So, yeah, sorry. I've been delaying long enough.

Edited by Cilph