Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

What features are those.

Those files also control where the antennas show up on the tech tree, and set up antennas and probe cores to actually use the RemoteTech framework (in particular, signal delay and the concept of "out of contact").

Step1 Remove all the cfg?

Step2?

I'm not a programmer. I can copy and paste. So do I copy and paste the code over or delete and make a new one.

If I have to make a new one. I'm not even going to bother.

Bad part is. I already have a ship with one of the antennas. So either I delete the whole thing and loose the ship or I just play with antennas not working.

Whichever you prefer: you can either copy and paste, overwriting one of the old .cfg files (doesn't matter which one, as long as you delete the others), or make your own file (any name.cfg) in the same directory. The game won't be able to tell the difference.

Though if you aren't familiar with the config file format, I should probably add a disclaimer: I only *think* the config file will work as posted. I haven't tested it myself.

So what part do I copy over what?

The stuff on previous page onto the cfg file. How exactly do I do that. I can't even open the cfg file. It want to search the internet for the right program.

I can follow instructions. As long a your literal with every step.

Details help.

So what part do I copy over what?

The stuff on previous page onto the cfg file. How exactly do I do that. I can't even open the cfg file. It want to search the internet for the right program.

I can follow instructions. As long a your literal with every step.

Details help.

The .cfg files are plain text files. You can open them in any text editor (e.g. Notepad). Don't use WordPad, Word, or other word-processing programs; they don't do plain text.

Open, say, RemoteTech_Antennas.cfg in Notepad (you may have to change the filter on the lower-right of Notepad's file-open box from "Text Documents" to "All Files"), then select-all and delete the contents. Then paste the entire contents of the "Code:" box from my previous post (scrolling all the way down to the bottom) into the now-empty file. Then save.

Then delete all the other RemoteTech_*.cfg files.

The result should work. If it doesn't, the best option is to delete the edited .cfg file as well, and just accept the non-functional antennas.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Starstrider42

Ok. So I searched within remote tech folder for all .cfg files.

Deleted them all but the RemoteTech_Antennas.cfg

Right click on file. Open with notepad.

Copied all of your code.

In file. CTRL A to select all. Then CRTL V to paste.

Closed and saved.

Reopened KSP.

Thanks. It worked.

Ok. So I searched within remote tech folder for all .cfg files.

Deleted them all but the RemoteTech_Antennas.cfg

Right click on file. Open with notepad.

Copied all of your code.

In file. CTRL A to select all. Then CRTL V to paste.

Closed and saved.

Reopened KSP.

Thanks. It worked.

Glad to hear it works. Enjoy!

Thanks. It worked.

Hey, just an FYI, you can click the "asterisk" button, bottom left, next to "Blog this Post" to "Give Reputation" if somebody has been helpful to you.

Well, I have some problems, but don't know if related to Module manger:

1. My flight computer is useless, whatever I try it immediately starts to rotate the vessel at full speed until all monoprop is gone (it does that in kill rot mode too)
  2. When the delay is bigger than 0.002 flight computer denies all commands because 'delay is too high' and I can't believe that that's intentional.
  3. Every now and then I seem to lose my current active vessel. I can still fully control it, but it does not show up on the map as active, I can't switch to another, I can't go to SC and I can't save or exit and have to Alt+F4 out.

However, I'm on 23.5 which is not supported so I don't want to cry too loud ;)

so - just to make sure there is currently no mod that actively simulates electric usage/production on craft right? I know the TAC life support will dock you electrical charge since the time you last used the craft, but that's only when the craft is loaded. It would be nice to have to keep an eye on your comm sats passing through night transitions somewhere along the relay to avoid a dropped connection. I'm not saying this should be a part of RemoteTech, but since RT is the mod that would be most heavily affected by something like this I figured if anyone knew of its existence it would be here.

so - just to make sure there is currently no mod that actively simulates electric usage/production on craft right? I know the TAC life support will dock you electrical charge since the time you last used the craft, but that's only when the craft is loaded. It would be nice to have to keep an eye on your comm sats passing through night transitions somewhere along the relay to avoid a dropped connection. I'm not saying this should be a part of RemoteTech, but since RT is the mod that would be most heavily affected by something like this I figured if anyone knew of its existence it would be here.

Actually, TAC does *not* subtract electrical charge -- too many potential bugs related to power generation, parts with unknown functions, etc. It docks the life support resources, but leaves electricity alone.

Hey, just an FYI, you can click the "asterisk" button, bottom left, next to "Blog this Post" to "Give Reputation" if somebody has been helpful to you.

Thanks that is helpful info (rep added), but it does not work for mobile site.

Does anybody have problems with RT2 since the last Module manager??

Also not sure if it's related to module manager, but as soon as I turn SAS or flight computer controls on, my probes wobble and jiggle like they're having a fit. Will try with an older version when I get a chance - apparently other members of my family have important things to do...

Also not sure if it's related to module manager, but as soon as I turn SAS or flight computer controls on, my probes wobble and jiggle like they're having a fit. Will try with an older version when I get a chance - apparently other members of my family have important things to do...

This sounds like an issue I've noticed, as follows:

1. I fly an airplane.

2. I activate the five F.A.R. flight assist controls during my flight

3. I land successfully and turn to another mission -- either a launch or a new flight.

4. In vacuum, with SAS on, I get SAS and FAR flight assist fighting with each other, leading to what feels like an uncontrollable vessel with massive "phantom forces" and wobble

ECLSS does, but ECLSS is a bit broken because asmi has been busy with real life.
Actually, TAC does *not* subtract electrical charge -- too many potential bugs related to power generation, parts with unknown functions, etc. It docks the life support resources, but leaves electricity alone.

Thx for the info and clarification guys

Sounds good.

Indeed, not that I've ever used it myself, but the things I'm hearing don't sound good. Hopefully most of the mods will give alternate methods of downloading for those who'd rather not mess with curse.

I am adding different launch sites, and was wondering how I add a ground station to them.

However the below does not seem to work, any suggestions?

GroundStations

{

STATION

{

Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc488

Name = Mission Control A

Latitude = -0.131331503391266

Longitude = -74.594841003418

Height = 75

Body = 1

Antennas

{

ANTENNA

{

Omni = 7.5E+07

}

}

{

Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc487

Name = Mission Control B

Latitude = 5.4712

Longitude = -141.8335

Height = 850

Body = 1

Antennas

{

ANTENNA

{

Omni = 7.5E+07

}

}

}

{

Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc486

Name = Mission Control C

Latitude = -24.6313

Longitude = -30.5420

Height = 450

Body = 1

Antennas

{

ANTENNA

{

Omni = 7.5E+07

}

}

}

}

GroundStations

{

STATION

{

Name = Mission Control A

Latitude = -0.131331503391266

Longitude = -74.594841003418

Height = 75

Body = 1

Antennas

{

ANTENNA

{

Omni = 7.5E+07

}

}

}

STATION

{

Name = Mission Control b

Latitude = -24.6313

Longitude = -30.5420

Height = 400

Body = 1

Antennas

{

ANTENNA

{

Omni = 7.5E+07

}

}

}

STATION

{

Name = Mission Control c

Latitude = 5.4712

Longitude = -141.8335

Height = 800

Body = 1

Antennas

{

ANTENNA

{

Omni = 7.5E+07

}

}

}

}

Edited by Vasious

I am adding different launch sites, and was wondering how I add a ground station to them.

However the below does not seem to work, any suggestions?

It would be a lot easier to tell with indentation, but it looks like you're missing some braces and all the STATION tags:

GroundStations
{
STATION
{
Name = Mission Control A
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+07
}
} <-- ADD THIS HERE
}
STATION <-- ADD THIS HERE
{
Name = Mission Control B
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+07
}
}
}
{
Name = Mission Control C
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+07
}
}
}
}

How do i make probe capsules coming from other mods (AIES, NovaPunch) compatible with remotetech? It just says local control as if i have kerbals in it and so antennas are pointless.

Look at the ModuleManager definitions in RemoteTech_Squad_Probes.cfg. Add the same modules to any other probe cores that are supposed to be unmanned.

How do i make probe capsules coming from other mods (AIES, NovaPunch) compatible with remotetech? It just says local control as if i have kerbals in it and so antennas are pointless.

Do you have a CFG for Aies ? never had a problem like that with them or NovaPunch.

For Aies ---https://www.dropbox.com/s/u4rmssjke0oamgf/RemoteTech_AIES_3.cfg

Edited by Mecripp2

It would be a lot easier to tell with indentation, but it looks like you're missing some braces and all the STATION tags:

GroundStations
{
STATION
{
Name = Mission Control A
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+07
}
} <-- ADD THIS HERE
}
{
Name = Mission Control B
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+07
}
}
}
{
Name = Mission Control C
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+07
}
}
}
}

Alas this did not work, only the original ground station "came into being"

I also tried with them all having the same name just in case that was the issue. No dice