Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

Are you using dishes? If so, what are their targets?

Also, looking at TelstarC-1's altitude I assume you're using RSS. Have the antenna ranges been boosted appropriately?

yes it's RSS, but with the 6.4x Kerbin config so it's not as big as the Earth in vanilla RSS. I'm using the Stock collapsible orange dishes. Does TelstarC-1 have to be targeting the sat being launched, and does THAT sat have to target TelstarC-1? Is there a separate RemoteTech2 config for RSS?

yes it's RSS, but with the 6.4x Kerbin config so it's not as big as the Earth in vanilla RSS. I'm using the Stock collapsible orange dishes. Does TelstarC-1 have to be targeting the sat being launched, and does THAT sat have to target TelstarC-1? Is there a separate RemoteTech2 config for RSS?

For RSS yes don't know about 6.4x kerbal but here is 1 for RSS. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/56399-DEVELOPMENT-SLOWED-RemoteTech-2?p=1215945&viewfull=1#post1215945

Yes. Both satellites need to target each other. You can target the new satellite's dish by right-clicking on it, then clicking the button labeled "No Target" (it's actually easier to do this before launch; you can change targets while the dish is closed). If TelstarC-1 isn't targeting its dish at anything yet then you're in trouble, since you have no way to send the retarget command.

I'm confused.

This guide here says in a "3 Satellite Relay network" each satellite needs to be targeted to one another, however this guide here states that each satellite should target active vessel. I did what the steam guide says and my satellites still can communicate with KSC despite not having LOS of KSC. Does this have to do with regard to the Commutrons? I have Commutron 32s on each satellite. Is that why I don't need to target each satellite? If I then had commutrons then would targeting each satellite be required?

I'm confused.

This guide here says in a "3 Satellite Relay network" each satellite needs to be targeted to one another, however this guide here states that each satellite should target active vessel. I did what the steam guide says and my satellites still can communicate with KSC despite not having LOS of KSC. Does this have to do with regard to the Commutrons? I have Commutron 32s on each satellite. Is that why I don't need to target each satellite? If I then had commutrons then would targeting each satellite be required?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/56399-DEVELOPMENT-SLOWED-RemoteTech-2?p=866915&viewfull=1#post866915

• 2 weeks later...

I just started first Career mode with this mod. Pod + communotron 16 - "no comm devices...". Tutorial says to activate the antenna, but there is no option like that, right clicking on antenna just says "status: locked" When I attached Communotron 32 and pressed launch in VAB - after loading antenna just fell through my pod and it stayed on the Launch Pad - I couldn't use RMB on it even when it was highlighted. After getting back to VAB the game crashed. It crashes a lot since I installed few other mods.

Here are my mods. Any ideas what's wrong?

000_Toolbar

ActionGroupManager

B9_Aerospace

CactEye

ExsurgentEngineering

FerramAerospaceResearch

Firespitter

KAS

Keramzit

KerbalJointReinforcement

Kerbaltek

Kethane

KineTechAnimation

MagicSmokeIndustries

NASAmission

RemoteTech2

ResGen

SCANsat

ThunderAerospace

Oh, I just realized that there's new version in other thread. I'll post there. Anyway, now the game hangs everytime I get into VAB...

Edited by jamqdlaty

I just started first Career mode with this mod. Pod + communotron 16 - "no comm devices...". Tutorial says to activate the antenna, but there is no option like that, right clicking on antenna just says "status: locked" When I attached Communotron 32 and pressed launch in VAB - after loading antenna just fell through my pod and it stayed on the Launch Pad - I couldn't use RMB on it even when it was highlighted. After getting back to VAB the game crashed. It crashes a lot since I installed few other mods.

Here are my mods. Any ideas what's wrong?

000_Toolbar

ActionGroupManager

B9_Aerospace

CactEye

ExsurgentEngineering

FerramAerospaceResearch

Firespitter

KAS

Keramzit

KerbalJointReinforcement

Kerbaltek

Kethane

KineTechAnimation

MagicSmokeIndustries

NASAmission

RemoteTech2

ResGen

SCANsat

ThunderAerospace

what says the post directly above yours ?