Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

Release 1.3.3:

• 0.23 compatible;
  • Switch vessel focus on the map view, allowing easy editing of targets;
  • Flight Computer rewrite;
  • Some UI elements were rewritten;
  • Node Execution;
  • Tweaks, bug fixes;
  • It's been a while, okay?

Release 1.2.7:

• Tweaked per-frame load-balancing and fixed a divide-by-zero;
  • ModuleManager 1.5 by Sarbian. Please delete the old one;
  • Static class serving as API for future kOS integration;
  • Fixed bug in TimeWarp throttling.

Release 1.2.6:

• Fixed settings file not auto-generating;
  • Fixed collection modified exception;
  • Possibly fixed throttle jitter again?;
  • Fixed Target/Maneuver in Flight Computer;
  • Disable SAS when Flight Computer is on;
  • Tweaked time warp throttling when commands are approaching.

Release 1.2.1:

• Removed kOS integration.

Release 1.2.0:

• Fixed (probably) the bug that humiliated me in one of Scott Manley's videos;
  • Flight Computer and kOS integration! (details below); Requires patched dll for now!
  • Fixed Delta-V burns; Cilph can't do basic vector math late at night;
  • "N/A" on TimeQuadrant when no SPU is available; "Connected" when signal delay is disabled;
  • Allow docking node targeting when the other vessel is disconnected;
  • Halved antenna power consumption;
  • Signal Delay is now on by default;
  • Quick hack to not cache lines/cones that are disabled to increase performance for some;
  • Possible fix for long range planet targeting being twitchy;
  • Two new dish parts by Kommit! The KR-7 and KR-14 replace the SS-5 and LL-5 respectively. The old parts will be deprecated but still included so as not to break existing crafts;
  • Settings File is now properly created on load.

kOS integration:

• All immediate mode actions now require signal delay to pass;
  • Steering locks now work when the vessel is disconnected;
  • Action groups no longer trigger when kOS has them blocked;
  • "BATCH" and "DEPLOY" commands to send a list of commands as one packet;
  • Requires patched kOS DLL until I merge the changes. Download here.

Flight Computer:

• Works pretty much like MechJeb's SmartASS;
  • Use "Enter" to confirm changes in most text fields;
  • Duration format: "12h34m45s" or "12345" for plain seconds;
  • Delta-V burn format: "1234m/s";
  • Cancel commands by clicking on the X in the queue, sends signal ASAP, but delay still applies.
  • Use the queue to view any delayed command; even right-click menu events.

Release 1.1.0:

• Added a settings file; auto-generates once the plugin loads. once forced to save by editing the map filter.
  • Filter in map view now properly saves.
  • Tracking Station should now save changes made to dishes.
  • Fixed NPE in editor due to recent ModuleSPUPassive changes
  • ModuleRTAntennaPassive now correctly works when unloaded
  • Dishes can now target the active vessel.
  • Promised Flight Computer NOT enabled yet. The new Squad SAS is too unstable for auto-piloting.
  • Signal Delay can be enabled in settings file. Good luck without that flight computer.

Release 1.0.7:

• Fixed NPE when antennas did not have satellites during rendering.
  • ModuleSPUPassive now provides unloaded routing if the craft was controllable as a whole. Might have lead to unintentional bugs. (vardicd)

Release 1.0.6:

• Fixed science transmissions not sending all of the data. (Kethevin)

Release 1.0.5:

• Fix MechJeb fighting over throttle.
  • Added ModuleSPU to radial MechJeb AR202 casing. This kills functionality if connection is lost.
  • Fix queuing for science transmissions. (Ralathon)
  • Added a ScreenMessage if your partmenu events are blocked due to signal loss.

Release 1.0:

• Initial release!

Edited by Cilph

so to make it clear. in this version of RT

-0.22 compatible

-no delay

-working new ASAS

if this is true than I going to use it soo much :)

No Flight Computer in this release. When it comes I'll make signal delay an optional feature.

Just wondering does this include the micro comm sats and drones from the previous version or are they to be worked in later if not dropped?

I have it on now and it seems to be only antennaes, and modifications to the stock pods to include a 3km built-in omni

Cilph, in your configs, you remove the "ModuleDataTransmitter" from stock antennas.

I didn't see an option to "Transmit Data" when using one of my previously built probes -- how does the science transmission system work with Remotetech, in relation to your modules?

Cilph, in your configs, you remove the "ModuleDataTransmitter" from stock antennas.

I didn't see an option to "Transmit Data" when using one of my previously built probes -- how does the science transmission system work with Remotetech, in relation to your modules?

You need to have an active connection to transmit science data. RTLite antennas will not automatically extend and transmit like stock ones do.

So... Manually activate the antenna, make sure you have a working connection to KSC and then transmit data.

You review the data in whatever part it's stored and hit Transmit. If you have a connection to KSC, it will send. If not it'll say you have no transmitters.

YAAAAAYYY!!!

I was looking for something to make this game more realistic and was disappointed to see remote tech 1 drift off into nothingness. Thanks for picking it back up again! I'd really like to see some absurdly big satellite dish that I can put in orbit around a planet that would allow for a higher % of science data to make it back to the KSC. I don't know if that is within the scope of Remote Tech 2 or not.

Thanks for updating this amazing mod and continuing the great work!

First of all, awesome job! I was not expecting this so soon. RT has been and will be one of the defining mods. Making it fun by making life hard.

Would it be possible to make the flight computer optional? I always felt the implementation was lacking and I would rather not deal with it at all. Having kOS as a replacement is pretty good, but sometimes it is nice not to bother with that either.

Man o man, I am going to be so pleasantly frustrated!

Just wondering does this include the micro comm sats and drones from the previous version or are they to be worked in later if not dropped?

The MicroSat and AeroProbe where themed along the old minimalistic-magenta RT1 style and not so much stock style. I'm currently working very much part time on optimizing the AeroProbe (integrating the landing wheels within the body). But making it stylistically sync with the stock look of RT2 will take some tender loving care of a great texture artist, which I definitely am not :-)

So I assume to make RemoteTech to work on my MechJeb parts, I add this to a config file:

@PART[mumech_MJ2_AR202]

{

MODULE

{

name = ModuleSPU

}

}

I'm trying to have it when the AR202 is attach, it won't have control of a satellite when not in the network.

Edited by therealcrow999