Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

Does anyone else have a problem with the Comm Tech-1's dropping signal?

I've setup Reflectron SS-5's for mun and minmus communications, and they are working perfectly with solid signals, but my satellites around Moho and Dres (which are both using Comm Tech-1's) keep loosing then regaining signal every few seconds.

I thought it might be an issue with electricity, but I've been sitting with one of the probes that has full charge for a few minutes and the signal just doesn't seem to stick.

Hey, my first post here :)

Perhaps a stupid question, but I read through this thread.

My problem is simply that I don't have any antennas that can control my rocket from launch, and if I create a little launch module with 1 kerbonaut, the antennas breaks off from earodynamic pressure. Now, I have setup a decent comsat system that works and all that, everything works! I just have to launch every rocket manned, at least until it is outside the atmoshpere..

My request:

A simple little antenna that would not break off, is pre-activated, and would last until I'm out of the atmoshpere would really make my life as a chief rocket scientist much easier!

Otherwise, love your work!

Hey, my first post here :)

Perhaps a stupid question, but I read through this thread.

My problem is simply that I don't have any antennas that can control my rocket from launch, and if I create a little launch module with 1 kerbonaut, the antennas breaks off from earodynamic pressure. Now, I have setup a decent comsat system that works and all that, everything works! I just have to launch every rocket manned, at least until it is outside the atmoshpere..

My request:

A simple little antenna that would not break off, is pre-activated, and would last until I'm out of the atmoshpere would really make my life as a chief rocket scientist much easier!

Otherwise, love your work!

The Dipole Antenna does not break off, is pre-activated and goes to 500km. It's under Flight Control in career.

Is it intended that the probes do not have an internal antenna in career mode? It works in sandbox but not in career. Because I have alot of addons I went ahead and made a vanilla copy of ksp and installed just remotetech and got the same issue so I know its not a mod conflict.

Is it intended that the probes do not have an internal antenna in career mode? It works in sandbox but not in career. Because I have alot of addons I went ahead and made a vanilla copy of ksp and installed just remotetech and got the same issue so I know its not a mod conflict.

It does say "Technology Perk" above it. I wonder what that could mean. Maybe the first post knows!

It does say "Technology Perk" above it. I wonder what that could mean. Maybe the first post knows!

I misread it, sorry about that. EDIT: I did try my due diligence before posting by testing it against vanilla. Just a simple misunderstanding.....

My game freezes whenever I go to the command center. I removed just the DLL, and it resolved the issue (I can't remove the whole directory cause most of my ships have antennas or dishes). I got 10 comsats around Kerbin, 3 around the mun and minmus, a bunch of probes on missions everywhere in the solar system, even some ground bases with command modules so there are a LOT of active connections in my save. The game has been running slower and slower before that final issue. With the DLL removed I tried loading my laggiest ships and now they don't lag anymore, so the plugin definitely has a heavy impact on the game performance.

Is there any kind of information I could provide you that would help you figure out what's wrong? I love RemoteTech, it's a shame I have to play without it for now.

Here's what my log file looks like just as the game freezes:

[HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From SPACECENTER to TRACKSTATION =====================

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/7535de4ca26c26ac/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

Unloading 1 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 971 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 108911.
Total: 162.260498 ms (FindLiveObjects: 5.209311 ms CreateObjectMapping: 2.239464 ms MarkObjects: 152.131805 ms DeleteObjects: 1.940556 ms)

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon component 'ManifestBehaviour' from assembly 'CrewManifest, Version=0.5.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/7535de4ca26c26ac/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

Parsing rect

Parsing rect

Parsing rect

Parsing rect

Parsing rect

Parsing bool

Parsing bool

Parsing bool

Unloading 0 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 0 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 108910.
Total: 186.450745 ms (FindLiveObjects: 5.194344 ms CreateObjectMapping: 3.735292 ms MarkObjects: 176.666290 ms DeleteObjects: 0.170194 ms)

Unloading 5 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 11 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 109951.
Total: 163.899155 ms (FindLiveObjects: 5.365821 ms CreateObjectMapping: 2.134697 ms MarkObjects: 155.401428 ms DeleteObjects: 0.213384 ms)

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon component 'ManifestBehaviour' from assembly 'CrewManifest, Version=0.5.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

Parsing rect

Parsing rect

Parsing rect

Parsing rect

Parsing rect

Parsing bool

Parsing bool

Parsing bool

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon component 'RTCoreTracking' from assembly 'RemoteTech2, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Kerbin

Performing cleanup of PluginData flights (43 flights loaded)...

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Kerbin

Edited by Skoot

My game freezes whenever I go to the command center. I removed just the DLL, and it resolved the issue (I can't remove the whole directory cause most of my ships have antennas or dishes). I got 10 comsats around Kerbin, 3 around the mun and minmus, a bunch of probes on missions everywhere in the solar system, even some ground bases with command modules so there are a LOT of active connections in my save. The game has been running slower and slower before that final issue. With the DLL removed I tried loading my laggiest ships and now they don't lag anymore, so the plugin definitely has a heavy impact on the game performance.

Is there any kind of information I could provide you that would help you figure out what's wrong? I love RemoteTech, it's a shame I have to play without it for now.

PM me the persistence file and KSP_Data/output_log.txt. Seriously. Step one people. Stop having me ask for the same thing every time.

EDIT: Don't bloody post the file in plain text on the forum! Sheesh! PM me that persistence.sfs!

Edited by Cilph

Sorry about that, didn't know about those tags. Cilph, I've PM'd you my save and full output log.

Verified issue with current build of RT2. Does not appear to happen with my own latest version however. Will release when I properly test the flight computer and delay.

Quick note on the flight computer. Currently it's integrated with the new stock SAS system and is not as smooth as MechJeb as a result. If you do not have enough control authority and high inertia it might have serious problems locking onto target.

PM me the crash log. KSP_data/output_log.txt. Ive added antennas with KAS before.

Doesn't make a log, actually - it just freezes, forcing me to kill it in the task manager. No error dump is created, or even the crash log folder.

Doesn't make a log, actually - it just freezes, forcing me to kill it in the task manager. No error dump is created, or even the crash log folder.

I've just attached an antenna with KAS and it worked fine. However I'd like to know how KAS decides what part I can and can not bring in that handy box.

Verified issue with current build of RT2. Does not appear to happen with my own latest version however. Will release when I properly test the flight computer and delay.

Quick note on the flight computer. Currently it's integrated with the new stock SAS system and is not as smooth as MechJeb as a result. If you do not have enough control authority and high inertia it might have serious problems locking onto target.

That sounds like a good thing IMHO.

I'll look forwards to trying it out once you release it. :)

The satellite in the promo image could fit four in a single 2.5m extended KW fairing. Awesome.

That is pretty awesome. I'm building mine using ion engines(just because I like the idea of them), with "L" shaped struts the attach "komm" sats radially. screenshot387.png

I may change out the dish on the front to the one that folds out. I hadn't found it in the tech tree when I started building these. Right now I'm just doing tests to get my kOS program refined and working. Almost there now, I've got it down so that I can create a node to get my orbital period just right. May add a node first to get the ap at exactly 2,878.75km first though. For the final one that'll actually stay in orbit I may throw on a procedural fairing just for fun. :)

That sounds like a good thing IMHO.

I'll look forwards to trying it out once you release it. :)

Not a good thing, because it should be fully capable. It's so underdamped it constantly overshoots for minutes on end because the PID is integrating way too much.

Anyhow, little progress report. I'm currently tracking down this bug: https://github.com/Cilph/RemoteTech2/issues/120

I'd like to get that fixed before I put out the next version.

I'm sorry guys but the VesselSAS / new SAS is too unstable for autopiloting, so I will not be shipping the next patch with the flight computer. I'm gonna have to work out something from the MechJeb core.

I've just attached an antenna with KAS and it worked fine. However I'd like to know how KAS decides what part I can and can not bring in that handy box.

It lists the parts that are grabbable/storable in "addModule.cfg", you can add your own to the file, following the parameters listed - might take some trial and error getting them in the right position when carried by a Kerbal.