Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

The older flight computers on Remotetech where rather basic. You could only point the ship in a certain direction and schedule burns with delays etc. That's enough to enter an orbit around some far away planet, but landing is going to be problematic. I assume this one will be the same.

It's pretty much a SmartASS + burn control. Automatic landing will never happen and has to be done via scripting a la kOS eventually.

When kOS compatibility happens, I will be able to fully control a spacecraft, even auto landing.

Cant wait :D

Just imagine, in the cruising phase upload our orbit insertion program, which watch your Pe over the target body and do the retro burn than contact you when it have signal again then you upload / or start the land program :D

FUN FUN FUN :D

kOS have add-on part support (check sensor reporter for kos for example) s oI can imagine Remote Tech parts could be made controllable with KOS, like the antennas opening and targeting for example.

When kOS compatibility happens, I will be able to fully control a spacecraft, even auto landing.

Cant wait :D

Just imagine, in the cruising phase upload our orbit insertion program, which watch your Pe over the target body and do the retro burn than contact you when it have signal again then you upload / or start the land program :D

FUN FUN FUN :D

kOS have add-on part support (check sensor reporter for kos for example) s oI can imagine Remote Tech parts could be made controllable with KOS, like the antennas opening and targeting for example.

I'm working on it right now.

Would it be possible to add node execution to the computer? So, while in comm range we could set up one or mode maneuver nodes and if out of range the autopilot would execute those at the given time, etc?

Roughly. It can follow the node but you need to input the burn command yourself, which can be delayed and done by delta-v.

It's all done automatically. Both omnidirectional antenna and dishes will automatically link up to every target they can. For omnidirectional antenna this is limited by their range and for dishes this is limited by their cone and their range. So you only need to point the cone in the right direction to have a connection.

For example:

F466Hgo.jpg

Here you can see my current constellations in the kerbin system. The spiderweb of grey lines are the links provided by omni and the orange ones are by dishes. All I had to do was to point dishes in orbit around the mun to Kerbin and vica versa. Interplanetary constellations could be linked up in much the same way, just with bigger dishes (Didn't unlock those yet, career mode).

So yes, you can run out of dishes to target in kerbin orbit if you're going interplanetary.

First thanks for explaining this. Ive been looking for a post like this for 2 days!

Big question, is there a manual for RT? As Ive got a lot of this figured out and reading this thread seems theres a lot of basic questions that keep getting repeated. Im willing to assist in writing one, if someone wants to answer all of it for me :)

Regular question: Ive a 3man pod in range of several probes/satellites. They have connections. How do I remote control the probes from the pods? Right now its only letting me relay via the pods from Mission Control.

Dude. It's right here on this page.

I know you are working on integrating it. What I was specifically asking about is your cooperation with kOS dev. Which might or might not be the case as you could have just gotten the permission to implement it, without any additional support.

I know you are working on integrating it. What I was specifically asking about is your cooperation with kOS dev. Which might or might not be the case as you could have just gotten the permission to implement it, without any additional support.

Not spoken to him yet, but I'll just work on this and put out a Pull Request for the repository. Sorry.

On the upside, I just fixed the key blocking glitch where typed spaces and numbers activated action groups instead of being properly blocked.

Hey Cilph, sorry if this is an error on my part, or a previously reported bug, but I have 2 40Gm satellites (Communotron 88-88) locked onto one another. One at Low Kerbin Orbit, and the other orbiting the Sun just out of Kerbin's sphere of influence. I have checked to ensure that the kerbin satellite has a connection to KSC, and a clear field of vision to the other satellite, but it's not forming a connection to the satellite orbiting the sun.

Not spoken to him yet, but I'll just work on this and put out a Pull Request for the repository. Sorry.

On the upside, I just fixed the key blocking glitch where typed spaces and numbers activated action groups instead of being properly blocked.

Awesome! I had been getting around it by locking the stages (which is hard to do ATM because the staging indicator is stuck on "pink" and doesn't change at all), and not typing in any numbers to kOS.

Hey Cilph, sorry if this is an error on my part, or a previously reported bug, but I have 2 40Gm satellites (Communotron 88-88) locked onto one another. One at Low Kerbin Orbit, and the other orbiting the Sun just out of Kerbin's sphere of influence. I have checked to ensure that the kerbin satellite has a connection to KSC, and a clear field of vision to the other satellite, but it's not forming a connection to the satellite orbiting the sun.

Repeating for the umpteenth time: send me the persistence file and make sure the dish orbiting the sun is pointing back directly at the KSC satellite.

Regular question: Ive a 3man pod in range of several probes/satellites. They have connections. How do I remote control the probes from the pods? Right now its only letting me relay via the pods from Mission Control.

You need a large stack probe on a 6+ crew ship, it then becomes a command center and you can fly anything from there instead of Mission Control. Science still needs a link to Mission Control though

It does. My best guess is that due to the KSPAddon bug, ModuleManager is never loading and not updating the parts, since all RT related data is kept in those configs.

If you activate an RT antenna, it extends. Simple as that.

Kind of strange... I think my ModuleManager is working correctly because the stock antenna (Comm-16) does have RT Omni antenna functionality added, but that antenna cannot extend itself when i activate it... And i don't know how RT handles animation, by parameter "deployFXAnimation = ..." or what? I want to know something about that.

Right now i can only remove/comment out the "allowManualControl = false" lines in these cfg so i can manually extend when I activate something, just for aesthetic reason of course. :rolleye:

Do Kerbals in a storage can count towards the six, or do they need to be in an actual command pod?

Kerbalnauts in Hitchhiker storage should also count according to my observation on my space lab, which has 8 kerbals but only 2 of them staying in command pods while the rest are in space laboratory doing experiments (yes i mean "Station Science" plugin).

Does anyone know how you install this mod alongside others that use module manager? FAR, Deadly reentry, and this all use ModuleManager.dll which I presume are all different files with the same name or are they the same file and I just have to install it once and that will work for all three?

Does anyone know how you install this mod alongside others that use module manager? FAR, Deadly reentry, and this all use ModuleManager.dll which I presume are all different files with the same name or are they the same file and I just have to install it once and that will work for all three?

ModuleManager.dll contains functionality shared by many mods. All these mods redistribute the same dll, since I have FAR, Deadly Reentry and others (28+ mods) including RemoteTech and they all work fine.

So you just have to have one of this dll inside the GameData folder and all else should work.

So you just have to have one of this dll inside the GameData folder and all else should work.

Yep, thats how I do it. the dll is just inside the gamedata folder, no other folder. Though I don't have many mods that use it, just Remote Tech and I think I had the mode that added kerbal engineer to all command pods/probe cores.