Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

I'm not using the communotron 32 I'm using the best fixed white dish (idk what it's called) I know it has a really long range yet when I point them at KSC the lines don't connect on the map. I also tryed to point them at each other commsat-2 & 3 to commsat-1 and commsat-1 to KSC and it still doesn't work. If you want I can gmail someone my version of KSP to see what the problem is, where I am its 9:10am so just write your email an I can send it to you at ~3:00.

What's the deal with the "M/s" support for the nav computer. I do something like set up a maneuver node, press the button to aim the spacecraft at the node, and type the length of the burn followed by "m/s".

It does not burn until however many m/s I specified have been supplied by the engine, it burns for that many seconds and quits.

Is there an exact syntax? Do I have to type it differently, like "ms" or something?

I also tryed to point them at each other commsat-2 & 3 to commsat-1 and commsat-1 to KSC and it still doesn't work.

com2 is pointed at com1, but is com1 pointed at com2 in addition to ksc? Connections need to be two way.

Assuming com1 is the one in LoS of KSC, then com1 needs to connect to ksc & com2 & com3, and com2 connects to com1 & com3, and com3 connects to com1&2. Now the satellites should be connected, assuming they are in LoS of each other. (that's with dishes, omnis are simpler if in omni range)

If that already is your dish setup, then I have no idea. :sealed:

What's the deal with the "M/s" support for the nav computer. I do something like set up a maneuver node, press the button to aim the spacecraft at the node, and type the length of the burn followed by "m/s".

It does not burn until however many m/s I specified have been supplied by the engine, it burns for that many seconds and quits.

Is there an exact syntax? Do I have to type it differently, like "ms" or something?

I use the amount of burn followed by m/s e.g. "100m/s" and have seen people use "100 m/s" format in videos and it's worked, though there have been some cases where it's not burning quite enough dV (iirc a bug in RT calcs), I haven't had it burn in seconds except for the times where I've simply forgot to include the suffix :D

Edited by Sacred Aardvark

~Hi, first post on these forums :| ~

I added below problem as a comment on one of the github issues as well, but maybe I'm just doing something stupid so I wanted to check with you guys.

I have a problem that while I'm pretty sure some antenna's are in range of each other, they don't connect:

I sent a craft to Duna, made up from 2 probe bodies that would separate as soon as they reach orbit. Part A has the big dish that reaches back to Kerbin, an omni, and a smaller dish, Part B has the larger omni antenna. After separation and deploying the antennas, the big dish on Part A connects to KSC (indirect via relay's) but the omni or the small dish when pointed at Part B, do not make a connection with Part B.

There's also another vessel (Part C) in orbit around Duna, with dishes and probe, and even when I point the dish from Part A to it, and its dishes to Part A, it still doesn't connect. Is this related to Issue #155 or #120 on Github, or am I doing something really stupid?

I hope my explanation is clear, otherwise I'll get some screenshots later.

I have a problem that while I'm pretty sure some antenna's are in range of each other, they don't connect:

I sent a craft to Duna, made up from 2 probe bodies that would separate as soon as they reach orbit. Part A has the big dish that reaches back to Kerbin, an omni, and a smaller dish, Part B has the larger omni antenna. After separation and deploying the antennas, the big dish on Part A connects to KSC (indirect via relay's) but the omni or the small dish when pointed at Part B, do not make a connection with Part B.

There's also another vessel (Part C) in orbit around Duna, with dishes and probe, and even when I point the dish from Part A to it, and its dishes to Part A, it still doesn't connect. Is this related to Issue #155 or #120 on Github, or am I doing something really stupid?

I hope my explanation is clear, otherwise I'll get some screenshots later.

Is the signal path: KSC -> Relay -> active vessel (so ship_A has connection to relay, because it has a dish capable of it, but swapping to ship_B means theres no path from ship_A to Relay anymore and while ship_B connects to ship_A, it has no connection to KSC) or is it: KSC -> Relay -> ship_A -> ship_B ?

That's the common "oops" mistake, but from your description you seem to have the path to ship_A okay, but no path between ship_A and ship_B, if that is indeed the case then I'm unable to offer a solution at this time. :(

need some help, cant seem to get any connection even when my kerbostationary satellites are points at the active vessel? also could someone tell me the point of pointing a satellite at kerbin because that doesn't even pick up anything

By Kerbostationary -- does *that* sattelite have a connection? -- and then does it have an additional dish to point at the active vessel? Line of sight is important. "Point at Kerbin" is good for something a little ways away, since everything in that cone will be picked up/transmitted to. Having your initial satellite ring point generally point at kerbin allows the cone overlaps to cover areas on the "other side" of the planet.

Is the signal path: KSC -> Relay -> active vessel (so ship_A has connection to relay, because it has a dish capable of it, but swapping to ship_B means theres no path from ship_A to Relay anymore and while ship_B connects to ship_A, it has no connection to KSC) or is it: KSC -> Relay -> ship_A -> ship_B ?

That's the common "oops" mistake, but from your description you seem to have the path to ship_A okay, but no path between ship_A and ship_B, if that is indeed the case then I'm unable to offer a solution at this time. :(

Oh man... I feel so stupid now :D I really though I checked every single satellite, but you're right: one of them had active target, the one that relayed the signal from Kerbin to Duna. It was so weird. Haha every time I check my relay near Duna everything was fine, switched to the other one and bam, connection died. And since there was actually an issue on the github that was very similar to mine I though it was a bug.. Oh well. Yay, everything works!

Is there any way to have just the antennae without the whole signal detail?

The reason why I'm asking is because the antennae are cool, but I keep running into problems with my ships not getting any signals, even though I have satellites in orbit around Kerbin (the problems are happening in the immediate orbit around Kerbin).

Hello, I'm hoping that someone could help me with a problem that I've encountered. I have a satellite acting as a Munar relay in orbit at approximately 11,400 km and it's 'in front' of the Mun. It has two KR-7's which are both targeting comsats in keosync (which also have KR-7's and are in return targeting the relay). The problem is this relay is not getting a signal. I have another Munar relay at the same orbit 'behind' the Mun which is getting a signal so I'm at a loss for what I'm doing wrong.

Edit: Well I'm a dummy, one of the comsats at keosync had a deactivated dish. So the relay has connection with one but not the other. Can a satellite not have two dish connections with two different satellites even if it has two dishes?

Edited by I.O.M.

Edit: Well I'm a dummy, one of the comsats at keosync had a deactivated dish. So the relay has connection with one but not the other. Can a satellite not have two dish connections with two different satellites even if it has two dishes?

Activate the deactivated dish? :P

I am not aware of a limit to how many dish connections a satellite can make, I think my highest is my mun relay, 8 connections (with 3 dishes, cone angles ftw), my two long range comsats have 7 dishes for direct targeting, but only 4 are in use atm.

If you have keosyncs targeting both relays and both relays are targeting the keosyncs then both should work, I think. :sealed:

You're not using planetary targeting (cones) or active vessel, right?

Is there any way to have just the antennae without the whole signal detail?

The reason why I'm asking is because the antennae are cool, but I keep running into problems with my ships not getting any signals, even though I have satellites in orbit around Kerbin (the problems are happening in the immediate orbit around Kerbin).

Are your antenna's broken? Physically broken?

My RT2 equipped duna lander just touched down on duna, the second it touches down the game glitches, it doesn't autosave, I can't quicksave nor quickload, I can't return to the space center, pressing the switch vessel button makes the lander move 2m into the air and the terrain vanishes, pressing it again makes the terrain re-appear and the lander re-attach to it, can toggle it back and forth all day.

The game is fine in every way until the millisecond I touch duna's surface.

The log: http://filebin.ca/15QYLNGPsdYs/output_log-Copy.txt

Anyone got any ideas what's going on and if RT2 is responsible? I fixed the editor extensions issue by updating it to a version that didn't have game .dll files in it, but it wasn't the cause of the crash.

Managed to solve it:

Ag4EQei.jpg

That log was a hint at the problem at least

Guy on IRC suggested nuking all debris and tada works again somehow.

Edited by K3|Chris

If I may ask, has there been any progress on kOS support? I don't mean to sound demanding or anything (I know software dev takes a lot of effort and life comes first), but I was just wondering if any progress has been made.