Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

Here's an experimental 0.23 release. It includes features that were only half implemented so the flight computer, node execution etc might still have bugs. I disabled the mapview focus switcher for now.

-snip-

Added tweakables support for the antennas - you can turn them on in the VAB now.

Edited by KasperVld
link removed

Here's an experimental 0.23 release. It includes features that were only half implemented so the flight computer, node execution etc might still have bugs. I disabled the mapview focus switcher for now.

-snip-

Added tweakables support for the antennas - you can turn them on in the VAB now.

OMG OMG OMG.

Thanks a lot ! Will give it a shot right now.

My previous career was awaiting this ;)

I will report feedback.

Edited by KasperVld

-snip-

Oh sweet, I had seen you post awhile back that you wouldn't have time to work on this until at least couple days after it dropped. Im about to check it out :) Thanks a bunch !

Edited by KasperVld

Oh sweet, I had seen you post awhile back that you wouldn't have time to work on this until at least couple days after it dropped. Im about to check it out :) Thanks a bunch !

I found a time slot, but any official release will have to wait.

-snip-

Found a bug - the both the SS-5 and KR=7 are included. (The SS-5 has been deprecated AFAIK.)

Also, it does not appear to be writing the .cfg file when the plugin is run.

Edited by KasperVld

Some feedback.

So far so good.

I put a "Sputnik like" probe in a 360km Kerbin orbit just fine using RT computer.

The EXEC button (executes next maneuver node) is very handy ;)

Make it anticipate prograde maneuver node / burn start (depending on burn time needed) and it will be perfect.

Thanks again, awesome work.

EDIT : I confirm the "RemoteTech_Settings.cfg" is not created. Same happened with the previous version on KSP v.0.23.

Also, RT is spamming the log file when programmed (but I guess it is on purpose for now)

Edited by Athlonic

However a simple word from the author saying that; his working on it.. or not, would be nice, given exactly what I wrote earlier; his doing it because he wants to. It has happened often that the mod maker suddenly does NOT find it fun anymore, and an update that many might be looking forward to, isn't actually coming.

Cilph did make a post about it, 8 hours previous saying that he was working on it.

Personally I'm not playiing until the update, considering how absolutely nerdgasmic and completely essential this mod is, but that is completely irrelevant. Did I mention its a great mod?

Same here, although mostly because I was doing something else at the time and have only had maybe 15-20mins in 0.23 because of that.

I agree this is one of the best and most essential mods out right now. I believe only Kethane ties with it, and Kerbal attachment system comes in hot on their heels.

Indeed. I also find kerbal engineer, kOS, and from the side of aesthetics, procedural fairings, to be somewhat essential as well. Kerbal Alarm clock is also a big plus, as you can setup your nodes for multiple craft and go about doing something else, either in the game or real life, and it'll let you know when you need to pay attention again (or pause the game).

Oh, and something that does mapping, whether it be ISA, or mapscan, which I believe is the new one.

I say kOS instead of MJ because with kOS you get more control over what happens, like opening solar panels when out of the atmosphere (something i sometimes forget to do), or deploying chutes or landing gear before landing. Granted some of the stuff takes a lot more programming knowledge than most people have, but it can do some of the simple stuff that MJ does, such as ascent/orbit. It's not quite to the point yet where you can select a body to orbit, or vessel to dock with and it'll do that, but in a way I think that's good as it forces you to figure out how to do that on your own. Unless of course you take someone's complete program and use that, then it's sort of the same thing. :P

But I'm going off topic so I'll stop here and go try out the fix cilph posted. :D For Science!

EDIT : I confirm the "RemoteTech_Settings.cfg" is not created. Same happened with the previous version on KSP v.0.23.

Also, RT is spamming the log file when programmed (but I guess it is on purpose for now)

Ah, so for once I was not at fault! :wink:

Does copying an old .cfg still work? Really need to reduce energy consumption right now.

Cilph did make a post about it, 8 hours previous saying that he was working on it.

Same here, although mostly because I was doing something else at the time and have only had maybe 15-20mins in 0.23 because of that.

Indeed. I also find kerbal engineer, kOS, and from the side of aesthetics, procedural fairings, to be somewhat essential as well. Kerbal Alarm clock is also a big plus, as you can setup your nodes for multiple craft and go about doing something else, either in the game or real life, and it'll let you know when you need to pay attention again (or pause the game).

Oh, and something that does mapping, whether it be ISA, or mapscan, which I believe is the new one.

I say kOS instead of MJ because with kOS you get more control over what happens, like opening solar panels when out of the atmosphere (something i sometimes forget to do), or deploying chutes or landing gear before landing. Granted some of the stuff takes a lot more programming knowledge than most people have, but it can do some of the simple stuff that MJ does, such as ascent/orbit. It's not quite to the point yet where you can select a body to orbit, or vessel to dock with and it'll do that, but in a way I think that's good as it forces you to figure out how to do that on your own. Unless of course you take someone's complete program and use that, then it's sort of the same thing. :P

But I'm going off topic so I'll stop here and go try out the fix cilph posted. :D For Science!

I also use all these mods except for KOS, I haven't been able to figure that one out yet. I was just pointing out the most important ones for me. :)

Installed the 0.23 experimental (windows vista). Haven't really put it to any strenuous tests yet but no problems so far (except being caught by surprise that you made the Communitron-16 suffer from wind-rip that is *shakes fist*)

Probably be putting up a comm-network tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes.