Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

Really? TBH I don't know how to enable hack gravity, let alone turn it on. I had the same problem in 0.22, and assumed it was my overloaded 0.22 install. I was becoming flakey anyway and 0.23 was out so I started again.

Hmm.. that always seems to cause the problem for me, perhaps there is another culprit.

Resuming some work tonight. 0.23 broke a lot of unexpected stuff I didn't want to see break, so I will be going over every bit of code and functionality. Along the way I'll refactor it, and make it more robust as well.

For example, I intend on removing all the OnVesselModified/OnPartUndock events and just force checking it every physics update. This should fix a lot of the decouple/docking issues that keep popping up. It'll somewhat decrease performance, but not an awful lot.

For testing, I will create an excel sheet listing every bit of functionality, so that the 'testing team' has an easier time. I don't want a repeat of the 0.23 version that was technically cleared despite so many bugs.

I just nope'd the DLL pending a new release. Vessels destroyed and duped, fubaring the gamestate so I'm in a weird missing KSC state, etc. Seems a lot of people are reporting this, and I'm glad to see you're on it, and in a more holistic approach rather than trying to track down individual bugs and hotfix them. I was about to consider finding an alternative or doing without and writing this mod off since it looked like you were on hiatus or whatever, but if yer on it I'll hold out and see.

Does all seem related to vehicle separations and reworking that process entirely sounds good.

Any thoughts when this might be usable again?

Thanks, I'd expect drift and have 3k Delta-V on most of the sats (Don't ask) while I've had to move a few before, these sats are in the right place as I shutdown, and when I reload they are all over the place. It's instantanious, not drift over time. That I can accept as my fault.

I believe I have seen exactly this and more than once and I have never turned on hack gravity. I don't know how or why it happens. It does seem to happen between a shutdown and a reload, but maybe that is just when I notice they are out of place. I have lots of mods installed, it could be anything, so I just shug it off and put them back in place. Call it standard ComSat maintenance and note that it negates wasting a lot of time in perfecting the orbits.

Hi All,

i cant seem to find any info on my issue.. i just installed remotetech2 today (i already have mechjeb, kas, crew manifest, kethane and tac fuel balancer).. and got to work setting up my starter comms network.

I made a simple satellite and launch rocket for it. I launched with mechjeb ascent guidance to get out the atmosphere. I then disabled the auto pilot and used the mechjeb maneuver planner to create the maneuver node for me to enter stable orbit. i plugged the details into the flight computer, hit the node button to line up and entered stable circular orbit. after that i used the same method to perform a maneuver to enter a Molniya like orbit (i am planning to have 4 sats in similar orbits with each rotated around 90 degrees to get decent coverage).

I used the same saved rocket design, and the second sat went up without a hitch.

When i got to the third one. the first maneuver to enter orbit went fine, i put in the details for the second maneuver and hit the node button and the rocket settled about a qtr of the nav ball away from the blue mark, when the burn came.. I ended up with an off centre orbit (due to the rocket not lining up with the node) and it was too small.

I scheduled another maneuver to correct the orbit, hit the node button. and the rocket began to spin quite quickly, head over heels, and would not stop. i only got it to stop when i hit the node button again to stop it attempting to line up. i used the node button in smart A.S.S and it lined up with the node as expected.

i have attempted this launch 6 times now. i have double checked that i have comms to ksc and enough power. I have restarted my PC. the first maneuver to get into orbit always works, the second gives me the off centre blue mark, and the 3rd and every subsequent maneuvers cause the uncontrollable spinning.. i am setting up these maneuvers at 1x

Has anyone seen this behavior? Am i making a mistake i am not aware of ? Are there any troubleshooting tips i should follow from here?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by krytie

Hmm.. that always seems to cause the problem for me, perhaps there is another culprit.

Hmm, Thanks for the help and suggestions. Maybe I'll reinstall KSP and start from scratch. It'll take a fair amount of time to do, but it'll be interesting to see if it happens on a clean install.

So can anyone explain to me in detail how the Flight Computer is supposed to work, the 'NODE' functionality in particular? I can't make heads or tails of it.

-Will

The NODE one is the easiest. It will orient the ship in the direction for the burn at the next node. Of course you must have at least one maneuver on the orbit for it to work.

The other buttons will orient the ship according to the function, so if you have a target selected TGT will orient otwards the target, RVEL along the relative velocity vector. With ORB you can orient the ship according to the orbit, using the 6 buttons below (from GRD+ to NRM-, those the prograde, retrograde, radial inwards, radial outwards, normal and antinormal directions). With SRF you can orient the ship in relation to the surface, use PIT, HDG and RLL to specify those angles. KILL shuts off any orientation. Then, set the Throttle and Burntime. You can open a side panel where you can find a list of all single maneuvers ordered (yes, you can stack many single maneuvers, and you can set the time when each one is to be executed).

I believe I have seen exactly this and more than once and I have never turned on hack gravity. I don't know how or why it happens. It does seem to happen between a shutdown and a reload, but maybe that is just when I notice they are out of place. I have lots of mods installed, it could be anything, so I just shug it off and put them back in place. Call it standard ComSat maintenance and note that it negates wasting a lot of time in perfecting the orbits.

Jeez, maintenance? Not a hope. 6 sats around Keostationary, and 1 on the same orbit track as Minmus just outside the SOI to give a link from Kerbin to the mini probes around Minmus. That too hours to get right.

I'll start a vanilla install with just RT2 and see how that goes.

So can anyone explain to me in detail how the Flight Computer is supposed to work, the 'NODE' functionality in particular? I can't make heads or tails of it.

-Will

I made a guide-- linked in my sig. Hope it helps!

Stupid question, but is there something wrong with the latest release? There were no signal processors included in the pack.

The probe cores are now your signal processors-- check out the larger ones.

Edited by Traches

Hi!

Today I installed Remote Tech 2 last version (v1.3.3) and started deploying my satellite network. After some time (one satellite on kerbal stationary orbit, and two on low 500km orbit), I launched third one, returned to space center, and there was no space center. It was just some blue textures (like sky), but I could enter all the building, by moving mouse around. Entered in tracking station, tried to focus on satellite, and press fly. Same thing, just blue sky and reentry sound. Quited the game, in save file deleted about 5-6 duplicated satellites. Loaded game and save, and same thing again. Deleting all vehicles and removing Remote tech from gamedata helps.

I have many mods installed: KAS, FAR, KW-Rocketry, B9-Aerospace, MehJeb, DeadlyReentry, Active Texture Management, Infernal Robotics, TacLifeSupport, Kerbal Joints Reinforcment.

Does anybody knows whats wrong? I would appreciate any help!

Thank you! And sorry for weird English.

Hi!

Today I installed Remote Tech 2 last version (v1.3.3) and started deploying my satellite network. After some time (one satellite on kerbal stationary orbit, and two on low 500km orbit), I launched third one, returned to space center, and there was no space center. It was just some blue textures (like sky), but I could enter all the building, by moving mouse around. Entered in tracking station, tried to focus on satellite, and press fly. Same thing, just blue sky and reentry sound. Quited the game, in save file deleted about 5-6 duplicated satellites. Loaded game and save, and same thing again. Deleting all vehicles and removing Remote tech from gamedata helps.

I have many mods installed: KAS, FAR, KW-Rocketry, B9-Aerospace, MehJeb, DeadlyReentry, Active Texture Management, Infernal Robotics, TacLifeSupport, Kerbal Joints Reinforcment.

Does anybody knows whats wrong? I would appreciate any help!

It's a bug in RT right now some pages back there are some fix for some.

can try http://www./download/dncc8qu44t30a90/RemoteTech2_2014.01.08.22.30.zip Think this is the best 1 so far.

Edited by Mecripp2

Thanks for the info... weird that a rocket I included a probe core in suddenly lost control and died after I hit 5km altitude,... will fiddle with it some more.

The probe cores are now your signal processors-- check out the larger ones.

So I posted about this in the issue tracker, but I figured I'd post it here as well:

I suspect an incompatibility with MechJeb (I'm running the latest stable build 2.1.1.0-167). I am trying to get the computer to orient my ship surface prograde (though this seems to happen regardless of what commands I'm trying to give it), and the ship completely loses control and starts spinning in random directions (note, I'm saying "spinning" not "wobbling", as the ship is holding completely rigid), and never actually settles on the heading I'm trying to give it. It's really quite frustrating actually because I need to draw in my antennae for re-entry and so rely on the flight computer to hold attitude. Perhaps I have some incompatibility or something, but the only thing I can think of that would be resulting in this kind of error is an incompatibility with the latest version of MechJeb.

I've never had this issue before, so it's strange... Anybody else getting this?

So I posted about this in the issue tracker, but I figured I'd post it here as well:

I've never had this issue before, so it's strange... Anybody else getting this?

Came here to post about this. With mechjeb on an unmaned probe I am unable to get the orbital computer to successfully execute nodes. It burns for more or less the right time but has no attitude control. Note that MJ is able to execute similar burns just fine (so long as I have a connection) so its not a lack of torque or power. If it matters these are only tested in the case where I am trying to execute a node in the future where there is no connection, can test that too i suppose.

Came here to post about this. With mechjeb on an unmaned probe I am unable to get the orbital computer to successfully execute nodes. It burns for more or less the right time but has no attitude control. Note that MJ is able to execute similar burns just fine (so long as I have a connection) so its not a lack of torque or power. If it matters these are only tested in the case where I am trying to execute a node in the future where there is no connection, can test that too i suppose.

Did you have any other mods installed besides MechJeb? I have a whole bunch of mods installed, so it could be a problem with any one of them (though I doubt that kethane would be causing this level of insanity). I've also yet to test whether or not this happens if I don't have MechJeb on a craft.

Did you have any other mods installed besides MechJeb? I have a whole bunch of mods installed, so it could be a problem with any one of them (though I doubt that kethane would be causing this level of insanity). I've also yet to test whether or not this happens if I don't have MechJeb on a craft.
The hint for me was when I realized I wasn't going to be able to fly it without mechjeb. See this reliable test case which will always have problems with the orbital computer, but not for mechjeb.

WXHXPh0.jpg

of note is that while "control from" is on the mechjeb case, either probe cores "prograde" is pointed at the horizon, and it looks like they are fighting over which prograde is correct. In case your wondering this configuration was seen on a "constellation" launcher that puts up 5 comsats in one go.

Good evening ladies and gentlemen.

I have a quick question... Did a quick skim/search through the thread and didn't find a similar problem... First off, I have Kethane, KAS, Station Science, Karzmit Life Support, ScanSat, MechJeb 2, and finally remotetech 2. After launching a satellite into proper orbit, and getting everything settle, when I go back to the VAB, I'm unable to click anything. the background is still in motion, the different pods look clickable(though they're not), I'm not able to exit the VAB, start a new rocket, or load one... Has anyone had this issue before? I've tried troubleshooting myself by removing some of the mods and see if they reacted different, however remotetech is the only one that seems to cause the issue...

I appreciate the answer in advance, and apologize if this has indeed already been covered.

Hey, I'm curious if there is any features planned for the flight computer with regards to scheduling action commands like activating antennas? I've run into the issue where I'd like to send a probe to Eve, and it would be awesome to be able to use an aerocapture operation. Unfortunately, even behind a heat shield, my antennas get torn up by the atmosphere. I'm forced to keep the antenna open at all times or else I'll lose contact with the probe, so if I had a way to tell the probe to close its antennas for a certain length of time, that could be a really useful feature.

This could also be applied generically to action groups such as temporarily disabling solar panels and things like that. So this way you could put your probe into a mode where it simply runs on batteries for a time (such as during reentry or aerobraking), until the program tells it to reopen its solar panels. Of course you run the risk of running out of battery before the timer comes up, but that just means you need to plan ahead.

Thanks guys, love the mod.

Hi!

Today I installed Remote Tech 2 last version (v1.3.3) and started deploying my satellite network. After some time (one satellite on kerbal stationary orbit, and two on low 500km orbit), I launched third one, returned to space center, and there was no space center I would appreciate any help!

this happens to me too, All of it, the bluesky, duplication, not sure what causes it either

Edited by lyndonguitar

this happens to me too, All of it, the bluesky, duplication, not sure what causes it either

The duplication issues, most of the bluesky issues and most of the failing to undock issues were solved for with the hotfix.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/56399-0-23-RemoteTech-2-v1-3-3-Late-Christmas-Edition?p=901076&viewfull=1#post901076

Can you guys tell me the techniques you use when you put in satellite network in orbit?

I plan to put three long range satellites around kerbin for interplanetary missions but after I put in the first one, I'm not sure how to exactly position the next two to be in equal distance with each other. I've done it a few times, but it's more of a hit and miss thing for me. also, I use Mechjeb

^thanks for the hotfix link above

Edited by lyndonguitar

My network as I built it in 0.23 career mode.

Prior to this network almost all missions were manned.

The list is sorted chronologically (in order of launch).

4 CommSats around Kerbin@1067km altitude delivered by a single manned rocket that detached them one by one.

- Reflectron DP-10

- Communotron 16

- Comms DTS-M1 x2 (Mun & Minmus)

4 CommSats around Kerbin@2868km altitude (synchronous) orbitted one by one using unmanned rockets.

- Reflectron DP-10

- Communotron 32

- Communotron 88-88 x4 (Moho, Eve, Duna, Dres)

- Reflectron KR-14 (Active Vessel)

4 CommSats around Kerbin@1584km altitude (semi-synchronous) orbitted one by one using unmanned rockets.

- Reflectron DP-10

- Communotron 32

- Reflectron GX-128 (Active Vessel)

3 CommSats around Mun@500km altitude orbitted by a single unmanned rocket that detached them one by one.

- Reflectron DP-10

- Communotron 32

- Comms DTS-M1 (Kerbin)

3 CommSats around Minmus@357km altitude orbitted by a single unmanned rocket that detached them one by one.

- Reflectron DP-10

- Communotron 32

- Comms DTS-M1 (Kerbin)

3 CommSats around Duna@415km altitude orbitted by a single unmanned rocket that detached them one by one.

- Reflectron DP-10

- Communotron 32

- Communotron 88-88 (Kerbin)

4 CommSats in DeepSpace (target orbit beyond Eeloo, but still on their way) orbitted one by one using unmanned rockets.

- Reflectron DP-10

- Communotron 32

- Reflectron GX-128 x4 (Each other x2, Kerbin, Active Vessel)

That's the current network. My unmanned probes that visit planets that don't have their own network yet take with them a single CommSat that allows for communications while the probe descends through the atmosphere. Deadly Reentry doesn't like extended antenna's that are too large to hide behind a heatshield. In those cases the lander had a Reflectron DP-10 and the CommSat had an appriopriate dish (usually Communotron 88-88 and a DP-10).

For the near future:

Manned CommStation in Jool Orbit (is already on it's way with enough food and stuff for a 6 year mission).

Deep Space CommSatts arriving in their orbits.

CommSatts around Eve and Jool.

P.S. Reread the question...

How do I orbit those groups at nice phase angles towards each other?

I use Kerbal Engineer Redux to tell me phase angles between them.

Here's how I did the synchronous group of four around Kerbin.

- Launch first one directly to 2868km altitude.

- Circularize it's orbit.

- Fix inclination.

- Decouple the launcher.

- Use RCS to get the exact orbital period (6:00:00).

- Deorbit the launcher.

- Launch second one directly to 2868 altitude.

- Raise periapsis to 2000km altitude.

- Wait a until phase angles get so close that another orbit will overshoot my target of 90.

- Raise periapsis to 2500km altitude.

- Wait a until phase angles get so close that another orbit will overshoot my target of 90.

- etc... until phase angles are within 2 degrees.

- Fix inclination.

- Decouple the launcher.

- Use RCS to get the exact orbital period (6:00:00).

- Deorbit the launcher.

- Launch third one (but now phase angle of 180 with regards to first satt).

- Launch fourth one (but now phase angle of 270 with regards to first satt).

Edited by kalizec

The NODE one is the easiest. It will orient the ship in the direction for the burn at the next node. Of course you must have at least one maneuver on the orbit for it to work.

The other buttons will orient the ship according to the function, so if you have a target selected TGT will orient otwards the target, RVEL along the relative velocity vector. With ORB you can orient the ship according to the orbit, using the 6 buttons below (from GRD+ to NRM-, those the prograde, retrograde, radial inwards, radial outwards, normal and antinormal directions). With SRF you can orient the ship in relation to the surface, use PIT, HDG and RLL to specify those angles. KILL shuts off any orientation. Then, set the Throttle and Burntime. You can open a side panel where you can find a list of all single maneuvers ordered (yes, you can stack many single maneuvers, and you can set the time when each one is to be executed).

Gah, you have to setup the orientation and the burn itself separately, that should have been obvious. I'll give it a try tonight, thanks for the pointers!

I made a guide-- linked in my sig. Hope it helps!

Excellent, thank you, I'll give it a watch right now.

All of the help is appreciated!

-Will

@lyndonguitar One way to do a multi-launch to a desired altitude with correctly spaced probes, would be to set an excentric orbit with the 'carrier' - with the apoapsis at the same altitude as your desired orbit, and an orbital period being a fraction of the final orbit's period. (Example, for 4 satellites : the satellite carrier system orbital period would be of 4h30 with a 2868km apoapsis) when you near the apoapsis, release the first satellite, switch to it and circularise your geosynchronous orbit with it. Then, when the 'carrier' has made another orbit, release the second satellite, and circularise with it - then repeat the previous step for the remaining two satellites. - basically, this system allows to release the satellites with a proper spacing between your satellites. (In my example, you'll end up with 4 satellites 90 degrees apart from each other, on the same orbit)