Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

No ETA. Probably around 0.24. There's stuff I want to implement and even less time to work. For example I started rewriting the core routing logic today to increase performance.

Fair enough. Will you think about releasing your own hotfix for the problems here?

Fair enough. Will you think about releasing your own hotfix for the problems here?

Thought about it, and if the current hotfix works, I see no point in doing it myself. I just don't have the time. It annoys me that the 0.23 release turned out to be such a disaster, but the 0.24 release will make up for it.

Thought about it, and if the current hotfix works, I see no point in doing it myself. I just don't have the time. It annoys me that the 0.23 release turned out to be such a disaster, but the 0.24 release will make up for it.

Don't stress yourself, it's no disaster. It works 99% of the time I'd say and a simple game restart is almost guaranteed to fix any issues.

Is there a new hotfix that someone has posted that fixes these issues:

- New map satellite selector which seems to do all these invisible Space Center problems and unending map zooming out

- Undocking and losing connection

- Coming out of vehicle loading distance and losing (omni or ant) connection with the unloaded vehicle

Sorry, I think I might have missed it. I keep losing track between all the dlls

Did you get the .30 one or .39 think it was the .30 was the best and just updated void and toolbar and some of the bugs look fixed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jvdklgy6ce6x4wb/RemoteTech2_2014.01.08.22.30.zip Just a .dll DO NOT DELETE YOUR RT2 FOLDER.

Or you can try this 1 but think .30 was best don't remember now lol https://www.dropbox.com/s/izkrq0j3scr43tv/RemoteTech2_2013.12.18.21.39.zip

Edited by Mecripp2

So I love this mod, wondering if anyone had example craft files of good communication satellites? All of mine seem to end up being giant blocks of batteries with a couple of dishes and don't look very good.

-Will

We need an auto searching feature for when probes go out of connection; they'll cycle through communication devices and search for an active connection.

Never going to happen.

Can someone please help me change dish target through savegame editing? What line do I have to change to aim at Kerbin?

My Duna probe lost connection while underway (I did test, it did connect, the range is sufficient), and I have no way of sending a Kerbal there in time.

Thanks!

I encountered it earlier as well when one of my KEO sats lost connection, all antennas were off, even though it did have connection before (I would not have been able to position it otherwise), and it was a fun mission to rendezvous and force the antennas open in EVA.

Never going to happen.

It might be possible in real life, but imagine how much lag that could introduce to the game.

Reason why I'm going to be putting com relays on the following places in my lp:

*Kerbin

*Mün

*Minmus

*Ike

*Dres

Can someone please help me change dish target through savegame editing? What line do I have to change to aim at Kerbin?

My Duna probe lost connection while underway (I did test, it did connect, the range is sufficient), and I have no way of sending a Kerbal there in time.

Thanks!

I encountered it earlier as well when one of my KEO sats lost connection, all antennas were off, even though it did have connection before (I would not have been able to position it otherwise), and it was a fun mission to rendezvous and force the antennas open in EVA.

Every VESSEL consists off PARTs.

Some parts are RemoteTech communication parts.

Those have a line with "RTAntennaTarget" in them.

Behind that is the ID of the target they are aiming at.

If they are aiming at another vessel, that ID is the PID of that other VESSEL (which is listed as the first property of that vessel).

I don't know what PID's are used for targeting planets. But editing the target to target a single satellite around Kerbin should also be a viable solution to restore communications.

Never going to happen.

I think you should be able to re-target dishes if the craft has a backup omnidirectional antenna. Realistically, an omnidirectional antenna would be capable of receiving a transmission, so the Kontrollers at KSC should be able to send dish re-targeting instructions to such a craft if the dish loses connection or is accidentally pointed at the wrong thing.

I think you should be able to re-target dishes if the craft has a backup omnidirectional antenna. Realistically, an omnidirectional antenna would be capable of receiving a transmission, so the Kontrollers at KSC should be able to send dish re-targeting instructions to such a craft if the dish loses connection or is accidentally pointed at the wrong thing.

An omni-directional antenna wouldn't have a high enough gain to be able to receive said instruction. For that to work the sending dish needs to be a whole lot bigger than with the high-gain dish. But this mod currently doesn't have a mechanic for calculating actual communication distances for unequal dishes.

An omni-directional antenna wouldn't have a high enough gain to be able to receive said instruction. For that to work the sending dish needs to be a whole lot bigger than with the high-gain dish. But this mod currently doesn't have a mechanic for calculating actual communication distances for unequal dishes.

RangeModel = Root in the cfg file, by NathanKell :P

RangeModel = Root in the cfg file, by NathanKell :P

Interesting, will try that out sometime in the near future.

(That option apparently wasn't documented, hence I didn't know it existed).

Maybe I should write a bit about it after testing it out :)

Interesting, will try that out sometime in the near future.

(That option apparently wasn't documented, hence I didn't know it existed).

Maybe I should write a bit about it after testing it out :)

I'd be interested in an explanation. Does this mean I could use a 350Gm dish to connect to a small 90Mm dish at let's say 20Gm distance? It makes sense to me since the 350 one is significantly larger and more powerful so it should be able to detect signals from small dishes or even omnis.