Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

*snip*

Depends on what you want. It's an extra parameter for ModuleCommand that specifies what resource to drain. Since you removed ModuleCommand there is no need for it. If you want to have MechJeb kill connection on signal loss you can just leave ModuleCommand in and add the ModuleSPU. Throttle fix is incoming next patch. ModuleSPU requires a control source on the part or else it will disable itself. This is how it cuts interaction when the part runs out of power to run.

@PART[MechJeb2_AR202]
{
title = MechJeb 2 (AR202 case) (ModuleSPU)

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}
}

Included in next patch if my tester reports back okay results.

Edited by Cilph

Depends on what you want. It's an extra parameter for ModuleCommand that specifies what resource to drain. Since you removed ModuleCommand there is no need for it. If you want to have MechJeb kill connection on signal loss you can just leave ModuleCommand in and add the ModuleSPU. Throttle fix is incoming next patch. ModuleSPU requires a control source on the part or else it will disable itself. This is how it cuts interaction when the part runs out of power to run.

@PART[MechJeb2_AR202]
{
title = MechJeb 2 (AR202 case) (ModuleSPU)

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}
}

Included in next patch if my tester reports back okay results.

I was testing default Mechjeb on a OKTO probecore probe, I attached MJ on the OKTO core itself. Out of signal range it still was able to use Smart A.S.S. to rotate ship. I will mess around with it more. To me the code ModuleCommand doesn't seem to be in there anymore. It makes it act like another pod on ship, which in newer KSP doesn't need to have it.

Well I was trying to add back the power drain MJ uses that I took out.

I might not be getting how ModuleSPU works completely. That might be my problem, lol.

Release 1.0.5:

• Fix MechJeb fighting over throttle and attitude.
  • Added ModuleSPU to radial MechJeb AR202 casing. This kills functionality if connection is lost.
  • Fix queuing for science transmissions. (I think)
  • Added a ScreenMessage if your partmenu events are blocked due to signal loss.

Edited by Cilph

Is the ModuleManager dll there? All the part configs relating to RemoteTech is done by ModuleManager. Even the non-Squad ones. It's convenient to have all parameters in one place. What are you expecting to happen? What is not happening?

The modulemanager.dll is there, the problem is nothing is happening, its exactly like normal KSP just now with new parts. I see nothing about signal paths, or any of the information that is shown in this pic....

xYhY4rp.png

Posted previously in this thread by another person.

The modulemanager.dll is there, the problem is nothing is happening, its exactly like normal KSP just now with new parts. I see nothing about signal paths, or any of the information that is shown in this pic....

Posted previously in this thread by another person.

Send me your KSPData/output_log.txt via Dropbox or something and I'll have a look at it for you. Know that for signal paths to appear you need to have built a network first ;).

Do the new parts show anything in their description related to antennas? Does the map view show the button in the bottom right? Does the top left show a new graphic?

Send me your KSPData/output_log.txt via Dropbox or something and I'll have a look at it for you. Know that for signal paths to appear you need to have built a network first ;).

Do the new parts show anything in their description related to antennas? Does the map view show the button in the bottom right? Does the top left show a new graphic?

I will look into finding that KSPData/output_log.txt and send that to you.

You might want to change the name. It's not letting MJ kill function.

@PART[MechJeb2_AR202]

MJ 2.0 and newer MJ 2.1 AR202 is called something else. Here is correct name:

@PART[mumech_MJ2_AR202]

It got me too. MJ 2.1 added new part, a redone pod. Here is code I use:

@PART[mumech_MJ2_Pod]

{

MODULE

{

name = ModuleSPU

}

MODULE

{

name = ModuleRTAntennaPassive

TechRequired = unmannedTech

OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER

{

PacketInterval = 0.3

PacketSize = 2

PacketResourceCost = 15.0

}

}

}

Anyways thanks for quick update!

Lol, too slow. I was just about to post my fix. "@PART[mumech_MJ2_AR202]"

Can you confirm all works properly with that fix? It didnt seem to affect my tester and I'm wondering if it was correctly tested :).

Change works for me. Without any antenna, my probe with a mechjeb ar202 dies at around 3000m altitude.

(lol, the thing is now bouncing up and down around 3000m as mechjeb gains and looses control)

There are a couple different versions of mechjeb out there. This change only works for the latest. Might be a good idea to include both versions/names.

Update: All seems well. Probe in orbit. Mechjeb control comes and goes with remotech link.

Edited by Sandworm

kOS can no longer intercept action group buttons ingame.

i have to ask what does this mean?

I don't use kOS but someone complained to me that kOS has an ingame editor thingy. Pressing the number buttons or space will activate your groups and does not get blocked.

This might be as intended, but I want to know for sure. I noticed a reduction in science when I used the transmitter. 1.5 would be 0.6.

After removing all the mods I had I narrowed it down to the ModuleManager.dll that comes with this mod.

Two things happen. 1) The reduction in science. 2) Clicking the transmit button doesn't cause the antenna to extend automatically, you have to extend it and then click the blue transmit button.

I'm testing it with just the starter command pod and the first antenna. Crew reports generate 1.5 science and shows 100% under the transmit button. Putting this ModuleManager.dll (10/17/2013 9:33PM), it still shows 1.5 and 100% but upon transmitting, the result it 0.6. If I recover the capsule instead of transmit, I get the expected 1.5.

can I just say WOOOOOHOOOOOO, love this mod, love how I need a signal to send my science also, I need those satellites before I go to duna hehe. Looks good, I noticed the download was labeled remote tech lite, what else is in the works for one of the best mod in this game??

Is there any way to control a probe from a nearby ship? I remember RT1 had control parts.

The big probe cores you unlock all the way in the back of the tech tree have a "Remote Command" module, as opposed to a "Remote control" module. So my guess is that those provide control when attached to a manned ship.