Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

For more than half a year.

Ask starstrider42, he is like the communication guy of the new community based development, also most of their orgnization and communication happens outside the forum.

With regard to the upcoming release, will support for sending commands to a probe via kOS or some other scripting language be possible?

Last I heard it's up to the kOS developer(s?), as the basic infrastructure for that is there. Search this thread for 'kOS' to find many replies to that very question.

Last I heard it's up to the kOS developer(s?), as the basic infrastructure for that is there. Search this thread for 'kOS' to find many replies to that very question.

I seems kOS does not play nice with a couple of other major mods, whatever the reason. It saddens me a bit, as they are almost equally essential to me.

Can anyone tell us whether they are usable next to each other?

Edited by Camacha

The basic API is there and we have some integration but it is far from complete at either end. Once we get RT 1.4.0 out we plan on working a lot on the integration.

I seems kOS does not play nice with a couple of other major mods, whatever the reason. It saddens me a bit, as they are almost equally essential to me.

Can anyone tell us whether they are usable next to each other?

The latest pre-release had a really bad module manager cfg file in it that blew up a lot of stuff. And that was my bad :P if you remove it things calm right back down.

The basic API is there and we have some integration but it is far from complete at either end. Once we get RT 1.4.0 out we plan on working a lot on the integration.

Well, since this is basically managed by the community now, you could probably just check out what kind of API you'd need and simply submit a pull request. Obviously I have no clue how complex this endeavor might be and/or if you even have the time for that ;)

But yea, it probably makes little sense to start this before the expected 'big step' of the next version...

Edited by Creat

Well, since this is basically managed by the community now, you could probably just check out what kind of API you'd need and simply submit a pull request. Obviously I have no clue how complex this endeavor might be and/or if you even have the time for that ;)

But yea, it probably makes little sense to start this before the expected 'big step' of the next version...

I have already submitted one pull request that adds logging and i plan on being very involved in the API from here on :)

Hi,

not sure if this belongs here.

I am using the and I have this rather simple setup:

3 Satelites kerbin in stationary orbit one is almost above the KSC and that one has connections to the other two. The all work just fine.

Another Satelite is orbitung Mun on an almost polar orbit so it can always see at least one of the other three.

And now the problem. I sent a probe into an orbit around the Mun. It get's a connection with the Mun Satelite but not to the KSC -> ergo not control unless I connect it directly to one of the three Kerbin-Satelites. Is this a bug or am I doing something really wrong? Is there a maximum of connections each node can handle? Or A maximum number of nodes a Signal can pass?

And now the problem. I sent a probe into an orbit around the Mun. It get's a connection with the Mun Satelite but not to the KSC -> ergo not control unless I connect it directly to one of the three Kerbin-Satelites. Is this a bug or am I doing something really wrong? Is there a maximum of connections each node can handle? Or A maximum number of nodes a Signal can pass?

There is no limit to the number of connections or the number of nodes. Please make sure your Kerbin satellites have a dish pointed at either the Mun or at your polar relay. If you're relying on Active Vessel in your Kerbin satellites, then you won't be able to use the polar satellite: https://github.com/Cilph/RemoteTech2/wiki/FAQ#why-do-i-lose-my-connection-when-undocking-two-ships (unlike in the example, your two Mun ships were never docked, but the same principle applies)

Edited by Starstrider42

Do we have any idea of an estimate for 1.4? This was probably my favorite mod, and I've been completely unsuccessful getting it to work in .23.5. I check this thread with some level of trepidation every week, it seems, hoping that it is coming along, and fearing that everyone has quit on it.

I'm not expecting dates, or anything. I'm completely torn between desiring info and not being needy. Maybe just a little bit of progress updates? Is the current thinking that 1.4 ETA will be measured in days, weeks, or months?

can somebody help me out? idk why the connection on this sat isn't arcing through the one being launched to the KSC? It's very well in range

iF3FRrw.png

This was probably my favorite mod,

Second! This mod is amazing, and is as necessary for a full KSP experience as are FAR and Kethane. Keep up the good work.

I wish I had the time to help y'all code it. If it stays a community project, perhaps I'll be able to contribute someday. :)

I try using this mod, but all I get are pink boxes around just about everything that should be related to Remote Tech 2, any help?

This usually happens if you download the DLL (e.g., from the community hotfix) but none of the parts or textures. Try downloading the file at https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases/tag/v1.3.3, and THEN apply the hotfix on top of that.

I try using this mod, but all I get are pink boxes around just about everything that should be related to Remote Tech 2, any help?

That's a bad install or missing file do you at less 1 ModuleManager *.*.* installed ?

Thanks, I'll see if this works now. Fast response by the way!

EDIT: Bingo! It works!!! Except... the tracking station is in the center of Northern South America. (I'm using the realism overhaul mod.) Could someone instruct me how to fix this?

Edited by JT2227

EDIT: Bingo! It works!!! Except... the tracking station is in the center of Northern South America. (I'm using the realism overhaul mod.) Could someone instruct me how to fix this?

The tracking station coordinates are set in GameData\RemoteTech2\RemoteTech_Settings.cfg. However, you might ask around on the RSS thread; I think NathanKell mentioned that somebody was working on configs that would define real-world ground stations for RSS+RT games.

You using RSS 6.2 ?

Edit- For RSS 6.2 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/RT2_RSS.zip

Edited by Mecripp2

Hi, I just reinstalled RemoteTech2 1.3.3, plus the community hotfix. Wasn't the DP-10 antenna supposed to be under the Flight Control research node, along the Stayputnik Mk. 1? It doesn't appear in my research tree there, and I'm not sure if I did something wrong with my installation, or if it's somewhere else...

I'm using the stock TechTree...

Wasn't the DP-10 antenna supposed to be under the Flight Control research node...

Yup, that's correct. However it's placed there via a Module Manager config, not in the actual part file so make sure MM is installed and working. Other than that, make sure you installed RT2 correctly as well, \GameData\RemoteTech2\Parts\ShortAntenna1 is where the part file should be

Thank you for the fast answer, Gaiiden. Your hint solved the problem. I had two Module Manager dll's installed, and deleting the older one caused everything to work correctly.