Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

Also, since I am fairly new to this mod, what is the flight computer option?

RT1 included a rudimentary flight controller for pointing your craft at pro/retrograde, normal/antinormal, surface+ and surface-, maneuver node, and inclination+heading+rotation relative the the surface of the body you're orbiting. A lot of discussion went on about how it duplicates MechJeb and other mods, and the author shouldn't be burdened with keeping this working when more complete alternatives were available so he's taken it out. This lets him focusing more on comms awesomeness...

So I assume to make RemoteTech to work on my MechJeb parts, I add this to a config file:

@PART[mumech_MJ2_AR202]

{

MODULE

{

name = ModuleSPU

}

}

I'm trying to have it when the AR202 is attach, it won't have control of a satellite when not in the network.

That would work, but currently there is a bug with MechJeb where it fights with the controls. I've not yet found the cause as RemoteTech inserts itself at both the front and end of the delegate call list.

The MicroSat and AeroProbe where themed along the old minimalistic-magenta RT1 style and not so much stock style. I'm currently working very much part time on optimizing the AeroProbe (integrating the landing wheels within the body). But making it stylistically sync with the stock look of RT2 will take some tender loving care of a great texture artist, which I definitely am not :-)

Even the old style would be ok in my book, I mean Bac9's stuff looks far from what the stock models are. :)

Edited by Ki-Tarn
Forgot quote

How are you holding up? I mean,you are unemployed (at least you said you are).

Living with my parents for the time while I send my CV out to a couple of companies each week. Hoping to find a job so I can resume studying during weekends.

I'm a little rusty at this... a bit irregular...

Rofl.

The MicroSat and AeroProbe where themed along the old minimalistic-magenta RT1 style and not so much stock style. I'm currently working very much part time on optimizing the AeroProbe (integrating the landing wheels within the body). But making it stylistically sync with the stock look of RT2 will take some tender loving care of a great texture artist, which I definitely am not :-)

The be brutally honest, I am kind of glad to see them gone. Remote Tech never felt fully stock model wise, but those really stood out as different.

Living with my parents for the time while I send my CV out to a couple of companies each week. Hoping to find a job so I can resume studying during weekends.

The bright side is that you have some stability now :) Remember to be creative when it comes to applications, your spirit and enthousiasm will do a lot.

Edited by Camacha

I can't extend some attenae.. (the communitron 16)... is that a bug or a feature?

They work fine. They just have the same ****ty collider as the stock one (because it is). Make sure you have a connection or a form of local control or else the Activate button won't do anything.

Beginner's tip: the Dipole antenna under the Flight Control node is activated by default and will give you unmanned control on the launchpad before you reach Unmanned Technology for the integrated antennas.

no I mean it activates just fine, the animation doesn't occure/model doesn't change for me...

its probably fixable in the CFG

Edit: there was a conflict between remote-tech and the stock-node fix cfg I was using. my apologies.

Edited by betaking

That would work, but currently there is a bug with MechJeb where it fights with the controls. I've not yet found the cause as RemoteTech inserts itself at both the front and end of the delegate call list.

That code didn't work I still had control of vessel..

I had to use this to code, to make it just a part I guess and not main command part on vessel:

@PART[mumech_MJ2_AR202]

{

!MODULE[ModuleCommand] {}

MODULE

{

name = ModuleSPU

}

}

For some reason it won't work unless it deletes the ModuleCommand.

That code didn't work I still had control of vessel..

I had to use this to code, to make it just a part I guess and not main command part on vessel:

@PART[mumech_MJ2_AR202]

{

MODULE

{

name = ModuleSPU

}

}

For some reason it won't work unless it deletes the ModuleCommand.

You need the SPU and ModuleCommand on one part. Local Control is defined as having a ModuleCommand that provides a working control source but does not have an SPU attached.

However, again, MechJeb is gonna fight over throttle control when you do this. I have no fix yet.

no I mean it activates just fine, the animation doesn't occure/model doesn't change for me...

its probably fixable in the CFG

It is absolutely fine here and this would've come up during testing by multiple people the past week.

EDIT: Kethevin, you are one sick son of a bitch. :D

Edited by Cilph

Ok I am having a minor issue.

It doesn't work.

I installed it unlocked the antenna in my career and added them to the tech tree. Even tested in my sandbox.

I launched a satellite with the Commtech antennas on it, and no change, it acts just like it did previously. I see no signal lines, no nothing on the map screen. Just a red dot where KSC is, which is handy in my career mode, because I haven't bothered to plant a flag there.

Is there something I have to change in the config file?

Ok I am having a minor issue.

It doesn't work.

I installed it unlocked the antenna in my career and added them to the tech tree. Even tested in my sandbox.

I launched a satellite with the Commtech antennas on it, and no change, it acts just like it did previously. I see no signal lines, no nothing on the map screen. Just a red dot where KSC is, which is handy in my career mode, because I haven't bothered to plant a flag there.

Is there something I have to change in the config file?

Is the ModuleManager dll there? All the part configs relating to RemoteTech is done by ModuleManager. Even the non-Squad ones. It's convenient to have all parameters in one place. What are you expecting to happen? What is not happening?

Yeah I see what you are saying with throttle. There is Resistance but I am able to move throttle up and down, just not as fast as before. Throttle needle shakes when I put it in position.

You need the SPU and ModuleCommand on one part. Local Control is defined as having a ModuleCommand that provides a working control source but does not have an SPU attached.

However, again, MechJeb is gonna fight over throttle control when you do this. I have no fix yet.

It is absolutely fine here and this would've come up during testing by multiple people the past week.

EDIT: Kethevin, you are one sick son of a bitch. :D

Been waiting for a new release, and this looks great! Is it compatible with existing saves, or do I need to start another one?

Not compatible with RT1. Possibly compatible with the unreleased previous RT2 playtest that was never meant to be used in the first place.

It's compatible with your save though, you just might lose some satellites due to missing parts.

Awesome. I've been having problem converting one of my parts. I found problem after hours of trying to find it. When I name part in cfg, first letter was capital. When I made my cfg to change mechjeb parts not to use command module, it didn't like that.

I'm new to this coding. I'm getting my feet wet.

Think I've fixed the MechJeb issue. Waiting on MedievalNerd to test it and report back to me.

Awesome. I've been having problem converting one of my parts. I found problem after hours of trying to find it. When I name part in cfg, first letter was capital. When I made my cfg to change mechjeb parts not to use command module, it didn't like that.

I'm new to this coding. I'm getting my feet wet.

Have Linux as your desktop for about five years and you'll never make that mistake again.

It's those little things, got to remember to cross my T's and dot my I's. lol.

When I added this:

It deleted this in file:

MODULE

{

name = ModuleCommand

minimumCrew = 0

RESOURCE

{

name = ElectricCharge

rate = 0.005

}

}

Is there a way to add the RESOURCE electrical charge back in.

I added this line:

RESOURCE

{

name = ElectricCharge

rate = 0.005

}

Have Linux as your desktop for about five years and you'll never make that mistake again.
Edited by therealcrow999