[1.0.x (partial)] Atmospheric Sound Enhancement v2.2 (2015-05-05)

pizzaoverhead

I love the idea of this mod, but unfortunately it doesn't give me any sonic booms. I'm not quite sure if it's working at all. At first when I start my jet engine, I hear a "boom". That's when I'm the landing strip going exactly Mach 0.

- - - Updated - - -

After some testing, I can confirm this mod isn't working for me at all. I just hear little fizzles and crackles every now and then, with this constantly showing up in my log:

[WRN 21:11:33.298] Only custom filters can be played. Please add a custom filter or an audioclip to the audiosource (liquidEngine).

I love the idea of this mod, but unfortunately it doesn't give me any sonic booms. I'm not quite sure if it's working at all. At first when I start my jet engine, I hear a "boom". That's when I'm the landing strip going exactly Mach 0.

- - - Updated - - -

After some testing, I can confirm this mod isn't working for me at all. I just hear little fizzles and crackles every now and then, with this constantly showing up in my log:

[WRN 21:11:33.298] Only custom filters can be played. Please add a custom filter or an audioclip to the audiosource (liquidEngine).

I'm still looking for a fix for engines using EFFECTS nodes (NASA parts, RAPIER and now also the aircraft engines), but for now, here's an updated version for 1.0.

One page back is the exact answer to this. Its a known issue that is being worked on hence the partial in the title about the relase.

FYI, the F3 menu seems to reset sound muffling in space.

You mean sound resetting after unload-then load the vessel again?

About the muffling options, anyone figure good values for the options yet?

I've found the two options with zero value in it, whats the range? Right now its kind too quiet in the upper atmosphere and vacuum.

About the muffling options, anyone figure good values for the options yet?

I've found the two options with zero value in it, whats the range? Right now its kind too quiet in the upper atmosphere and vacuum.

It depends entirely on your speakers. If you have a sub woofer, you'll be able to go much lower than if you just have a pair of old PC speakers. The valid range is from 10 to 22000 hertz, much wider than your average speaker can produce.

It depends entirely on your speakers. If you have a sub woofer, you'll be able to go much lower than if you just have a pair of old PC speakers. The valid range is from 10 to 22000 hertz, much wider than your average speaker can produce.

Will a 20hz sub be enough? :)

I won't try it just yet until FAR gets a few more updates. :)

Ohhhh so thats what those means... bit more fun now, nicely done.

I have a couple of microlab speakers, they're potent as hell I think 30W, no dedicated subwoofer, but built-in I think the same as these ones, which means a range of 70Hz~20kHz. Cool

So help me out a bit more, this is my current config: (which is also odd cause I thought I had added some values there already)

<config>
<string name="InteriorVolumeScale">0.7</string>
<string name="InteriorMaxFreq">300</string>
<string name="LowerMachThreshold">0.8</string>
<string name="UpperMachThreshold">1.2</string>
<string name="MaxDistortion">0.95</string>
<string name="MaxVacuumFreq">0</string>
<string name="MaxSupersonicFreq">0</string>
</config>

pushing the Max frequency values means any frequency above it is discarded, only the below is heard, correct?

Does the max distortion means how loud distortion will be near the wave area?

Still having fun with it, works wonders for immersion :):cool:

If pizzaoverhead is up to it, I'd love to eventually see a more realistic high-pass filter option to replace the current low-pass filter while in vacuum or low pressure areas... with the low-pass filter reapplied when in high pressure atmospheres like Eve.

How do you edit the settings? There is no .cfg like the Configurations options claims, and opening with something like wordpad just comes out scrambled. I tried searching how to open/modify a .dll but it's way over my head.

How do you edit the settings? There is no .cfg like the Configurations options claims, and opening with something like wordpad just comes out scrambled. I tried searching how to open/modify a .dll but it's way over my head.

I didn't find a cfg, but there was a xml file somewhere in the directory, I assumed it was it. I tried creating a cfg where it says in OP, but didn't work either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Is there anyway to make a donation to encourage development of this? It's my favorite and most immersive mod and I'm dying without it D:

There was a link in the sountrack editor thread I think :)

Edited by Tellion

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.