[1.0.x (partial)] Atmospheric Sound Enhancement v2.2 (2015-05-05)

pizzaoverhead

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2016 at 8:50 AM, ufindbatman said:

WooHoo This is one of the coolest mods ever, I absolutely love it. Especially the silenced/muffled space, it really gives ksp that exploring into the depths, alone in empty space kinda feel. I don't understand why there isn't a whole bunch of fans and talk in this thread. Thanks @pizzaoverhead for creating and checking back in on this mod, I think you've done a really great job with it. It is very cool, honestly I've been checking this thread everyday, and have been to scared to say anything because I don't want to upset or sound silly to anyone, but stuff it, I'm not trying to pressure you or anything, just showing my appreciation. Cheers.

I agree with this 100%, I don't have any idea why this isn't the most popular "realism" mod out there. I could care less about fuel simplification or non-real solar systems, nothing would put me immersed in the launch faster than hearing that sweet sonic boom. Created an account here just for this mod. I know you're probably busy with real life and all pizzaoverhead, but just know there's enough people out there that do appreciate what you've made here. Like was just said, I too am patiently awaiting the release for this mod for 1.2.2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, everyone! I had to remove some content here. I'd like to take the opportunity to remind you not to ask for updates; I know this is a beloved mod, and so does pizzaoverhead. But, as his post above shows, he's still around, and he's still aware of this mod. Sure, it's been some time, but realize that modders do this in their spare time according to their inclination and availability.

No one was rude about it, and that's a good thing! But still, requesting updates, asking about them, even wishing about them aloud (eh, in writing I mean?) repeatedly can slowly erode modders' patience. And we know you don't mean to do that, so let's just let the modders work at their own pace, OK? It's been asked once, and the answer was "planned". Until then, that's it!

• 2 years later...
On 8/18/2017 at 7:15 PM, monstah said:

Hello, everyone! I had to remove some content here. I'd like to take the opportunity to remind you not to ask for updates; I know this is a beloved mod, and so does pizzaoverhead. But, as his post above shows, he's still around, and he's still aware of this mod. Sure, it's been some time, but realize that modders do this in their spare time according to their inclination and availability.

No one was rude about it, and that's a good thing! But still, requesting updates, asking about them, even wishing about them aloud (eh, in writing I mean?) repeatedly can slowly erode modders' patience. And we know you don't mean to do that, so let's just let the modders work at their own pace, OK? It's been asked once, and the answer was "planned". Until then, that's it!

With that in mind, I would like to respectfully note that it's been two years without updates, and I'm not quite sure what this means in practice.

Edited by Angstinator

On 9/19/2019 at 10:42 AM, Angstinator said:

With that in mind, I would like to respectfully note that it's been two years without updates, and I'm not quite sure what this means in practice.

It means that he isn't updating it, for any number of reasons.

It has been long enough that if someone else wanted to take it over and fork it, they can without concern.  The license is GPLv2, so no worries there.  I would suggest to anyone who wants to do that to send a nicely worded, polite message to himletting him know of your intentions, and ask if he has any objection

20 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It means that he isn't updating it, for any number of reasons.

It has been long enough that if someone else wanted to take it over and fork it, they can without concern.  The license is GPLv2, so no worries there.  I would suggest to anyone who wants to do that to send a nicely worded, polite message to himletting him know of your intentions, and ask if he has any objection

Well, I'd disagree here: in practice it means that it hasn't yet been updated and that the chance of it being updated is low, not that it is most certainly not going to be updated in the future.

I'd already assumed that much, of course, but I'd much rather have a definite answer from the author whether or not my assumptions have any factual basis; thus I'm asking in this thread as opposed to writing a PM so that the answer is visible to everyone else who might have a similar question.

With that in mind, I'll have a ton of time next week and might look at this mod more closely. Maybe there's something I can do.

Edited by Angstinator

On 9/21/2019 at 8:01 PM, Angstinator said:

Well, I'd disagree here: in practice it means that it hasn't yet been updated and that the chance of it being updated is low, not that it is most certainly not going to be updated in the future.

I'd already assumed that much, of course, but I'd much rather have a definite answer from the author whether or not my assumptions have any factual basis; thus I'm asking in this thread as opposed to writing a PM so that the answer is visible to everyone else who might have a similar question.

With that in mind, I'll have a ton of time next week and might look at this mod more closely. Maybe there's something I can do.

Writing mods requires a huge amount of free time, something I have had very little of lately, so you're right that the chance of this being updated is low.

For anyone looking to continue this, the required work was to switch it over to using Unity's new audio mixer system, and hooking it into the KSP effects module in the right way.

17 hours ago, pizzaoverhead said:

Writing mods requires a huge amount of free time, something I have had very little of lately, so you're right that the chance of this being updated is low.

For anyone looking to continue this, the required work was to switch it over to using Unity's new audio mixer system, and hooking it into the KSP effects module in the right way.

Thank you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.