Web hosting for the Kerbal Community

MrTrustor

Hello everyone!

This is my first message on the KSP forums, but I am a long time reader!

I would like to help the community of this fantastic game, but I am not much of a developer (of mods or other things).

But I am a pretty decent SysAdmin :cool: (this is what I do for a living) and I have a server that sits here doing practically nothing.

So here is my proposition: I am able to host kerbal-related community websites. This would most likely be free (this may change if I have to upgrade my server for the purpose of this service, but I don't think it will be anytime soon).

Particulars are to be determined. But before I launch myself into this, I would like to know if people would be interested in this service. Two or three "yes" may be sufficient.

Feel free to ask any question on how I am planning to do this.

Right now my server is hosted at OVH (the biggest european hosting company). It is a 4CPU/2GB of RAM server, running Debian. The webserver itself will probably be Apache, but I may provide both Apache and Nginx if needed.

I can also very easily manage all kerbal-related domain names.

So, what do you think of this? Is anyone interested?

The offer is very much appreciated, bit there arent very many things we dont already have. Between the forum, the other forum, the reddit, and the IRC channels the community is strong. Squad is hosting the wiki and there is spaceport even if it's balls, failing spaceport most modders host on mediafire or gitgub.

If anyone were to take you up on this it'd probably be the small number of purpose built webpages that provide some utility to the game like the various calculators or Saik0's map thing.

We're very fortunate to be a community that is able to exploit general services to such great effect.

Maybe host a KMP server instead of a website? Maybe TS?

If anyone were to take you up on this it'd probably be the small number of purpose built webpages that provide some utility to the game like the various calculators or Saik0's map thing.

That was my target :-) I don't want to take over the hosting of the forums (yet!).

Maybe host a KMP server instead of a website? Maybe TS?

Unfortunately, KMP server runs on Windows and I don't have one of those lying around. What is TS?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.