[Plugin] [WIP] [.22] Cockpit Warning Notifications v0.31 [UPDATED 2/23/14]

Meatsauce

^ Ok, I'll have a look.

Make sure you only have one of these in scene at any given time. I haven't figured out how to have the module exist solely on the active craft.

I'm also having a bit of a crisis with regards to IVA and this mod in general. There are a few mods out there that do this better, so I'm wondering if there's a reason to continue this, and not work on another.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried it but it doesn't does anything, the window is open, no sound, no warning, despite a few crashes and near-crashes.

I've (re)downloaded the lastest version (0.31 on 1st page) to be sure, and use two flying machine (the Aeris 3 by putting the nosecode on top :confused:) and an experimental VTOL with 2 mini-jet engines.

Some ideas:

-keep windows settings (position, size eventually, sub-windows opened) like Mechjeb do

-part as nosecone for people who like it, but also more like a pod or an attached device (kindda FS gyro and "info-poper" for example)

• 5 weeks later...

Why not use the real shuttle alarms? http://www.policeinterceptor.com/navysounds.htm

You could re-purpose a lot of those, perhaps use the shuttle fire alarm if parts explode. Master and minor alarm could potentially be used for almost everything else. All you really need to do is call attention to the fact that there's a problem so that the user directs attention to the annunciator window. Too many different sound alarms makes it difficult to remember which one is which, leaving the user just going back to the visual reference anyway.

My bugbear with the plugin is that in aviation, alarms that require immediate input from the pilot don't just sound and wait for the pilot to figure-out exactly what's wrong. It sounds an alarm and then gives a voice instruction that directs the pilot to take action. Two notable examples are the Ground Proximity Warning System GPWS and Traffic-Collision Avoidance System (T-CAS), but nearly all emergency alarms come with verbal output too.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yea that account got wiped out for some reason. I still have the source. I'll see about bringing it up to date and live again.

To tell you the truth, I'd like to work on something else and possibly roll this into that mod - something like a flight computer / early warning radar. I would need some help with it from someone who knows a bit more about finding game objects and vessels.

Edited by Meatsauce

• 4 weeks later...
Yea that account got wiped out for some reason. I still have the source. I'll see about bringing it up to date and live again.

To tell you the truth, I'd like to work on something else and possibly roll this into that mod - something like a flight computer / early warning radar. I would need some help with it from someone who knows a bit more about finding game objects and vessels.

Could be great but while the new mod is done, could you at least create another download link for this mod? (Maybe Mediafire or Mega?)

Thank you!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.