Riddles

vexx32

Has Halley by any chance predicted the orbit of one of those? :P
Nope. xD
Supernovae?

EDIT:

You did say gods was close before, didn't you?

It's close-ish. Shares a certain similarity. Some gods could be considered amongst these ones' number.

*Repeatedly slams face into desk and flings laptop out the window*

I hate the way you say it's something... and then it's not. :confused:

Humans... no.

It's not nukes/aliens/asteroids/comets/constellations/gods/planets/supernovae.....

Hmm. It's an overpowering force, it inspires fear, shares characteristics of supernovae...

And there are many of them.

*sighs*

Neutrinos?

"It doesn't ex..." :confused::mad::confused:

*Runs screaming into a mental hospital*

Excuse me, I have to go and slam my head in the freezer for a minute.

That which walks above us all, as we cower in fear,

In the skies above and the worlds around,

Yet never being quite right here,

Always half here and half not; existence unsound.

Ne'er a common sight in any world or plane,

Our forms are ever something to inspire fear,

Though wonder is never far off; in twain

Fear and wonderment describe our presence here.

My brethren and I are many, but few;

Large in number, but all so very different,

Even to one another as we wander through

Each world and find our efforts and lives spent.

What are we?

There it is again. I didn't feel like flicking back and forth 2 pages.

Edited by Starwhip

Well, I mean, gods are technically just an idea, though according to some, they exist. These are much the same, though they are less so considered to be a real possible existence, as they are typically less... pleasant... an idea than a god or gods would be.

So... "God" in the sense of destruction?

What the heck do you call that, if "demon" didn't cut the deal?

It does have a specific name, but I don't expect everyone to know it. Demon, however, usually implies something different -- a demon is typically considered far lesser than a god; even the most powerful of them is usually only on-par with some kind of demigod, and most much lesser.

Shinigami?
"God of Death", eh? Not quite... Shinigami have taken many guises in many minds, but none of them especially terrifying, and usually are a great many in number yet quite similar, which doies not satisfy this condition -- My brethren and I are many, but few; \ Large in number, but all so very different, \ Even to one another as we wander through ​\ Each world and find our efforts and lives spent.

I know something that could be it or really close... but my ******* brain does not want me to remember the word it's called... it was in Greek mythology, something like titans or gods, but they were in underground (not tartar) uhhh.... I read about them in a book! Come on!

Uhhh no my brain does not let me to now the word... I can remember how they looked, how they acted, how they were summoned, but no. Not even a glimpse of memory from my brain.

You know, Greek mythology....
Ah, nope, though they're probably a subset. xD
I know something that could be it or really close... but my ******* brain does not want me to remember the word it's called... it was in Greek mythology, something like titans or gods, but they were in underground (not tartar) uhhh.... I read about them in a book! Come on!

Uhhh no my brain does not let me to now the word... I can remember how they looked, how they acted, how they were summoned, but no. Not even a glimpse of memory from my brain.

Again, it probably comes under the umbrella...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.