Riddles

vexx32

• 2 years later...

Well, since there's been no riddles posted in the past 3 years, I'll get this started again.

A woman is sitting in her hotel room when there is a knock at the door. She opened the door to see a man whom she had never seen before. He said "oh I'm sorry, I have made a mistake, I thought this was my room." He then went down the corridor and in the elevator. The woman went back into her room and phoned security. What made the woman so suspicious of the man?

On 9/10/2019 at 6:29 AM, Dman979 said:

Well, since there's been no riddles posted in the past 3 years, I'll get this started again.

A woman is sitting in her hotel room when there is a knock at the door. She opened the door to see a man whom she had never seen before. He said "oh I'm sorry, I have made a mistake, I thought this was my room." He then went down the corridor and in the elevator. The woman went back into her room and phoned security. What made the woman so suspicious of the man?

I’m glad to see this thread revived; it was quite a bit of fun. This seems more like one of those mystery riddles 

If he thought it was his room he would have used the key or keycard 

OTOH, he could have been sharing the room and expecting the other person to let him in. So not an airtight case.  

Edited by StrandedonEarth

37 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

I’m glad to see this thread revived; it was quite a bit of fun. This seems more like one of those mystery riddles 

If he thought it was his room he would have used the key or keycard 

OTOH, he could have been sharing the room and expecting the other person to let him in. So not an airtight case.  

The textbook answer is that "You don't knock on your own hotel door," but your answer is correct enough that I'll give it to you.

I'm waiting on tenterhooks for the next one!

3 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Well, you got the magic word, but Dragon is just a capsule, not the rocket. The answer I was looking for, and I knew it would be a bit on the easy side, was just "a Dragon." But yeah, you got it.

Not if you're French!

It is a 5 letter word if you take away first letter it is something you get from sun, if you remove second letter you will get something to eat, if you remove third letter you get a word you use in pointing at and if you remove the fourth letter you get something to drink. What is it?

16 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Not if you're French!

It is a 5 letter word if you take away first letter it is something you get from sun, if you remove second letter you will get something to eat, if you remove third letter you get a word you use in pointing at and if you remove the fourth letter you get something to drink. What is it?

I stand corrected. And puzzled. I must cogitate...

Edited by StrandedonEarth

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Dman979 said:

@StrandedonEarth, have you given up? I can post the answer, if you'd like.

Maybe he hasn't but I did and looked. 

Spoiler

Answer below (at least according to the internet) 

Spoiler

I guess you're sure

"wheat" 

Though I don't think it really works cause "weat" (second clue) isn't a word in English AFAIK and "whet" is a verb for sharpen or increase appetite, not something to drink. 

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think this riddle is really solvable considering the clues don't help. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.