scratched skins

tutankhamun

My first released mod.

i made a skin that makes all vanilla parts look scratched

Installation instructions

1. go into the .zip file

2. copy ALL parts in file

3. go to KSP (i recommend a copy of vanilla)

4. delete all parts in ksp parts folder

5. Paste the skinned parts into the folder

6.done

If necessary i used jzip to zip files

Enjoy!!

pics at bottom of page one and here http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=5601.15

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21158309/Parts.zip

You can use an image hosting site like Imageshack or Photobucket to upload the screenshots and paste their IMG URLs to a post using the %7Boption%7D tags. Or, you can directly attach them to a post which should be in the bottom-left corner of the post entry field.

Also posts can be edited to merge messages rather than making several posts in quick succession.

I feel that the scratching might be too thick or 'deep' in a realistic sense; damage of this level would be considered compromising (I would think) for the crew. There is another retexture that gives the pod the appearance of being used, with some slight buildup of dirt and possibly heat scarring, though it was considered too subtle. This, on the other hand, may be taken as too excessive.

Overall the concept of giving the parts some wear-and-tear isn\'t by any means a terrible idea, although the implementation ultimately is somewhat poor.

Such beginnings can be expected of part mapping (As well as modeling), though as the saying goes: Practice makes perfect.

I feel that the scratching might be too thick or 'deep' in a realistic sense; damage of this level would be considered compromising (I would think) for the crew. There is another retexture that gives the pod the appearance of being used, with some slight buildup of dirt and possibly heat scarring, though it was considered too subtle. This, on the other hand, may be taken as too excessive.

Overall the concept of giving the parts some wear-and-tear isn\'t by any means a terrible idea, although the implementation ultimately is somewhat poor.

Such beginnings can be expected of part mapping (As well as modeling), though as the saying goes: Practice makes perfect.

Comprising the crew? Thats is not Kerbal!

Thats good advice

thanks

I -really- like the idea of scratched/weathered textures.

But unfortunately I lack the free time to work on textures. But the ideas I have floating around in my head involve multiple layers to accomplish a texture that closely resembles what one would see in real life. Examples:

disclaimer: i am not hosting any of these images so the links may be broken or have anti-hotlinking features on them

5200456-abstract-grunge-background-from-weathered-painted-stained-scratched-and-burned-surface-of-metal.jpg

5200470-abstract-grunge-background-from-weathered-painted-stained-scratched-and-burned-surface-of-metal.jpg

1289011594370V97.jpg

scratched_then_rusted_metal_4131472.JPG

fst_640hpnnhouj.jpg

fst_80bdhmy764.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.