KSPMM Reloaded - Beta #2 - Functioning Modpacks!

• 2 weeks later...
How do I actually use this? There's no readme and the first post isn't exactly helpful.

1. Click the modding tab.
  2. Click "Add Mods" and select each individual mod. Repeat until all mods added.
  3. Click the checkbox on the ones you want to install.
  4. Click the load button.

If you wish to unload the mods, click the unload button.

I noticed this is written in .Net. Does it currently run under Mono? If not, do you need help figuring out what needs to be done to get it working?

It does not run under mono. I do not have the time or resources to make it work under Mono, but if you wish to create a Mono-friendly version, please, go ahead.

Does this thing have autoupdating and in that case, how do I actually use it?

Yes, at the bottom where it says "Check for Update" there should be an arrow (or part of one) to the right of it, click the arrow and check the automatic update option.

Does this support only using certain parts from a MOD, or is it All or Nothing for mods?

Thanks.

That would be hard to implement, so it's kinda on the low priority list. Right now it's "All or Nothing".

Leading onto the next statement:

Please reconsider. It creates the option to include only certain parts of each mod (which is something i would like the best)

It's possible to do with a .zip, so a folder isn't needed. There really is no point in using folders (except for development, but that would be in low demand), so everything a folder can do, a .zip can do.

• 2 weeks later...
*Pokes thread with stick*

Is it dead?

No, just haven't had time / motivation to work on it.

But, I have Beta #2 on my harddrive if you want it (But modpacks aren't working and presets aren't implemented).

Might even call it "Beta #2 - Beta #1".

Man, I really need to start using proper versioning.

No, just haven't had time / motivation to work on it.

But, I have Beta #2 on my harddrive if you want it (But modpacks aren't working and presets aren't implemented).

Might even call it "Beta #2 - Beta #1".

Man, I really need to start using proper versioning.

Are there any other active mod manager programs out there? Some searches didn't turn up anything except KSP Mod Admin, which seems to be inactive for a couple of months now.

Are there any other active mod manager programs out there? Some searches didn't turn up anything except KSP Mod Admin, which seems to be inactive for a couple of months now.

I've been dabbling in Mono for a while now, if I can catch a break, KSPMM will be able to be cross-platform (Linux and Mac mod manager!).

So look out for that.

Beta #2 is finished.

Changelog:

• Downloads can now download files from spaceport, dropbox and (hopefully) mediafire. To work it, do it like this:
    • For spaceport, type in "spaceport:" and the product ID after that, eg. "spaceport:1113"
    • For dropbox/mediafire, type in the respective name (i.e. "dropbox:" or "mediafire:") and then the link afterwards

[*]Removed Welcome tab due to a bug and the fact the host no-longer exists (I think?)

[*]Drag and drop

[*]Renaming of mods

[*]and then some more

Get: https://github.com/Norway174/KSPMM-Reloaded/releases/tag/B2

• 2 weeks later...

I can't seem to use the mod manager because every time I try to add a mod, it crashes saying and I quote "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

I have no idea what this means; I don't have KSP open and I don't see other processes using the downloaded file so WTF

I can't seem to use the mod manager because every time I try to add a mod, it crashes saying and I quote "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

I have no idea what this means; I don't have KSP open and I don't see other processes using the downloaded file so WTF

Is another copy of KSPMM open (either as a window or in task manager under processes as "KSPMM Reloaded.exe")? That would most likely be the case. If not, any idea to what might be causing it?

• 5 weeks later...

I can't do this anymore. I have spent so much time on this, and for nothing.

I don't simply have the time for this, and since there is no help, I cannot continue to work on this anymore.

And to top it all off, I was about to release beta #3, but then GitHub decided to delete all my hard work, and reset all my code back to beta #2, so I believe it's a sign that this is over, and there is no point to continue this silly excuse for a mod manager any longer.

This is what it would've looked like if it let me upload my code instead of deleting it.

HixuXIz.png

It even had mod updating and pretty much everything I wanted to include in it. 40+ hours of work just gone.

I can't go on like this. But I've spent too much time working on this to just abandon it, so I'm not going to use it for KSP anymore, and I'll find another use for it somewhere else.

I can't do this anymore. I have spent so much time on this, and for nothing.

I don't simply have the time for this, and since there is no help, I cannot continue to work on this anymore.

And to top it all off, I was about to release beta #3, but then GitHub decided to delete all my hard work, and reset all my code back to beta #2, so I believe it's a sign that this is over, and there is no point to continue this silly excuse for a mod manager any longer.

Sorry to read that :(, but what I can't understand is your data loss, did you work only online ? Don't have you the source code on your local harddrive to compile it ? :huh:

By the way, the internet thing, especially online text editor (mal, forum, blog, ...), is the most unreliable tool ever made, nothing, including magnetic tape, is worth than that. Turning HTTP protocol into something is has not been designed for in the first place was a very bad idea, so ALWAYS work offline on your local computer, and save often.

Sorry to read that :(, but what I can't understand is your data loss, did you work only online ? Don't have you the source code on your local harddrive to compile it ? :huh:

By the way, the internet thing, especially online text editor (mal, forum, blog, ...), is the most unreliable tool ever made, nothing, including magnetic tape, is worth than that. Turning HTTP protocol into something is has not been designed for in the first place was a very bad idea, so ALWAYS work offline on your local computer, and save often.

I was trying to revert a commit (forgot to package compiled stuff) but then GitHub thought I was rolling back. (I worked in the GitHub directory, huge mistake.) Luckilly, Google Drive came to the rescue and got me a copy of the source a few weeks back, so a few hours of hard work can get this back up to speed.

Acknowledging that, I really don't see a point in continuing this. Sure, I can hang more bells and whistles on it, but the demand will never increase.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.