[0.24] SafeChute v1.2.2

Red3Tango

I certainly like how useful this mod is, but I'm no longer getting warp stopping effect after updating RealChute -- maybe stupid_chris has altered something again? :) I've also updated some other mods, but that's the one I can think of that would directly affect this.

Thanks for your help!

Yeah I did. deploymentState and secDeploymentState are now enum members, but there is still a string variable representing each and that is updated correctly, which is depState and secDepState. Checking those should do the job.

SafeChute 1.2.2 is available for download! (link in first post)

Updated so compatible again with RealChute 1.0.3!

Also updated some code which was incorrectly getting altitude information when above water, so will now dewarp properly during a water landing.

The config.xml file is referenced again, so you are able to change the ground dewarp altitude in that file (default is 15m).

SafeChute 1.2.2 is available for download! (link in first post)

Updated so compatible again with RealChute 1.0.3!

Also updated some code which was incorrectly getting altitude information when above water, so will now dewarp properly during a water landing.

The config.xml file is referenced again, so you are able to change the ground dewarp altitude in that file (default is 15m).

Beautiful! Thanks for these fixes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm if this excellent safety mod is still required - does phys warp still harm ships landing? Just starting up again and this was an awesome safety mod for that little foible! Love the work Red3Tango!

Can anyone confirm if this excellent safety mod is still required - does phys warp still harm ships landing? Just starting up again and this was an awesome safety mod for that little foible! Love the work Red3Tango!

It isn't required anymore (rarely will chutes rip off anymore unless you're trying to slow down way too fast) but there are other things it solves. Such as being in time-warp when your chutes are rather narrowly timed to deploy near the ground. The pre-deployment (with realchutes at least) doesn't have enough 'physical' time when running 4x and you won't slow down enough. Splat.

• 1 month later...

Just a heads-up that this is no longer compatible with RealChute 1.2.2.2 - if a vessel has a RealChute-powered parachute, SafeChute does not stop time warp upon full parachute deployment.

(Tested on KSP 0.24 32-bit with only RC 1.2.2.2 and SDHI Service Module System)

Just a heads-up that this is no longer compatible with RealChute 1.2.2.2 - if a vessel has a RealChute-powered parachute, SafeChute does not stop time warp upon full parachute deployment.

(Tested on KSP 0.24 32-bit with only RC 1.2.2.2 and SDHI Service Module System)

Not working with 64-bit, RC 1.2.2.2 too.

I have been busy lately, but as soon as I get time I will modify it to be compatible with the latest version of RealChute.

@stupid_chris: any heads-up on what code you changed that I need to be aware of ;)

I have been busy lately, but as soon as I get time I will modify it to be compatible with the latest version of RealChute.

This sounds great! Looking forward to SafeChute working again with RealChute!

Thank you!

@stupid_chris: any heads-up on what code you changed that I need to be aware of ;)

Sound great! I can't wait for the fix soon, I had to attach a least 1 non real chute on it to be safe landing. And it look ugly!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can it detect the deploy altitude from the chute's settings? Or is it preconfig only? If it's only preconfig then :(

If it can detect based on how I set up the chutes for different vessels on the fly then it is usable.

No update for latest real chute is a bummer indeed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.