[All OS][Java] MultiPlayer Part Manager v3.4 - 2/March/2014 [Old KMP Version for DMP]

Maybe this is the issue, some mods I have do not use parts folders. Engineer Always has its parts loaded in, but mechjeb needed a rename. Loading both parts folders and other files I think would be the solution.
It only seems to recognize 15 of my parts :/

I select all the folders and 15 parts show up, if I just select b9 aerospace or kw rocketry nothin shows up, tried re downloading.

Checked antivirus.

Working on a quick fix. I might know what is causing the issue. Are you both using Windows? The thing is, I check for "/parts/", however, I vaguely remember that windows uses "\". Thus it can not find any parts folder of course. But I'll check on my bootcamp version. Else I'll just skip the check for Parts folders, however, I really prefer that because without it it might also include resources etc. which are unnecessary. I'll probably update it today.

Just wanted to let you know, seems like KMP will switch from md5 to SHA256.

Mostly so you don't start making something with md5.

I was indeed already looking into it. Thanks for the head up.

**General**

I also noticed in the new FAQ of KMP (might be called something different, manual or something) that the !required should list all Modded folders with parts. I might include that as well in the next update (depends on my available time) so you don't have to do this yourself anymore.

EDIT: Alright, so I tested my program in Bootcamp (Windows) for the first time. Wow, almost smashed the screen. It works so much better on OSX. At least for me. Therefore I would like someone to test it for me on Windows. I have a v3.2 ready but I am not sure if I broke something. Might be just bootcamp acting up instead of my program. I am thinking of writing a .jar .app and .exe application. Thus writing the program in 3 different languages. Obviously this is a lot of work, especially because I have to learn the other 2 languages. So I first want to know how it works on a genuine Windows and Linux Computer. Would someone liked to volunteer for Windows/Linux and perhaps OSX to confirm what happens on mine? Please send me a PM.

Edited by CreationMe

I can volunteer for windows 8, I am short a HDD right now so no debian. Also tried changing your /parts/ to \parts\, and all variations of part, with no luck. Is it possible that in your search for part.cfg that you are somehow searching the folder name for part.cfg? This could explain why changing the Parts folders to Part allowed your algorithm to find the parts. If I read your source correctly, It is HIGHLY possible I did not, you are first looking for the parts.cfg then looking at the directory name to see if it contains the word parts. Would it not be easier to have the user point to the gamedata folder and then search all sub directories for .cfg, Read the .cfg for part name AND model name, using the model name to define the parts pack. For LLL the model name for part LLLCirc1a2F is LLL/Parts/FuelTank/LLLCircHull/plain1 so you can discard everything after the first / and get the pack name. Obviously this would require you to preprocess all the .cfg files, before asking the user to select the desired mods to be added to the modfile. Logically this would be a better approach due to the lack of predefined structure to the directories of mods, since you are not forced to use a parts folder. Depending on your skill as a programmer and the flexibility of java you could then add the ability to save a mod list, send that to the clients, and have KMPPM check that the required mods are present. If it is possible you could then have the option to .7z the present mods that are not on the list to prevent them from loading.

I can volunteer for windows 8, I am short a HDD right now so no debian. Also tried changing your /parts/ to \parts\, and all variations of part, with no luck. Is it possible that in your search for part.cfg that you are somehow searching the folder name for part.cfg? This could explain why changing the Parts folders to Part allowed your algorithm to find the parts. If I read your source correctly, It is HIGHLY possible I did not, you are first looking for the parts.cfg then looking at the directory name to see if it contains the word parts. Would it not be easier to have the user point to the gamedata folder and then search all sub directories for .cfg, Read the .cfg for part name AND model name, using the model name to define the parts pack. For LLL the model name for part LLLCirc1a2F is LLL/Parts/FuelTank/LLLCircHull/plain1 so you can discard everything after the first / and get the pack name. Obviously this would require you to preprocess all the .cfg files, before asking the user to select the desired mods to be added to the modfile. Logically this would be a better approach due to the lack of predefined structure to the directories of mods, since you are not forced to use a parts folder. Depending on your skill as a programmer and the flexibility of java you could then add the ability to save a mod list, send that to the clients, and have KMPPM check that the required mods are present. If it is possible you could then have the option to .7z the present mods that are not on the list to prevent them from loading.

replace it "/parts/" to "\\parts\\" to fix it for windows :-p

Yeah, that was me, just giving feedback. ;)

Hadn't uploaded the new one yet. I send you a link for testing because I had some weird results on my Windows and my OSX works perfect. So I prefer testing it before upload a new version which makes it worse.

So if dookiejones gives me the green light I will upload a new version (v3.2) fixing this parts folder fix.

If that works I will start working on a version which include the adding of the !require command in the ServerModControl.txt file.

If 3.2 is not working I will probably write a sperate version for each OS. So fingers crossed that it works.

Hrmm, Looks like some people are having troubles with newer versions?

http://www.reddit.com/r/KMP/comments/1uve8u/is_there_any_tool_to_put_all_the_mod_parts_into/

I did mention for him to get in touch though.

Also: It's looking like the improvements to mod-control will get merged for 0.1.6 (after we get 0.1.5.1 out), so instead of going through this program, server admins will just have to run /modgen on the server and it will auto-magically make a KMPModControl.txt file.

I on the other hand will have to update KMPModClient to support the new version :-/

Hrmm, Looks like some people are having troubles with newer versions?

http://www.reddit.com/r/KMP/comments/1uve8u/is_there_any_tool_to_put_all_the_mod_parts_into/

I did mention for him to get in touch though.

Also: It's looking like the improvements to mod-control will get merged for 0.1.6 (after we get 0.1.5.1 out), so instead of going through this program, server admins will just have to run /modgen on the server and it will auto-magically make a KMPModControl.txt file.

I on the other hand will have to update KMPModClient to support the new version :-/

Yes I am aware of some issues, would be better if they contacted me here though. I have the next version in beta, being tested as we speak actually. I realized that the paths in windows and osx are different so I fixed this by checking which OS the user is using and change paths accordingly. Hopefully this will fix it. Just waiting for the testers to let me know if it works.

Would appreciate if you could let me know when the modgen is fully implemented. So I might discontinue this project.

**general**

Because of all the issues still going I will implement the legacy feature of v1.0 which lets you scan your KSP.log file for parts. Downside is, however, you have zero control of the parts that are added and you have to run ksp at least once before using this feature.

Edited by CreationMe

The modcontrol upgrades have already been coded and pull requested but can't be merged until after (if we don't skip it) 0.1.5.1, And even after that some people might prefer your program. Either way it will be useful until 0.1.6 comes out, which will probably be quite a while.

Thanks for providing your program, It makes modded servers slightly less painful to run :)

Hadn't uploaded the new one yet. I send you a link for testing because I had some weird results on my Windows and my OSX works perfect. So I prefer testing it before upload a new version which makes it worse.

So if dookiejones gives me the green light I will upload a new version (v3.2) fixing this parts folder fix.

If that works I will start working on a version which include the adding of the !require command in the ServerModControl.txt file.

If 3.2 is not working I will probably write a sperate version for each OS. So fingers crossed that it works.

Ok I got 3.2, sorry for the delay. 3.2 works without changing folder names and I am 99% sure it got all the parts. Creationme what text viewer were you using to view the modfile? I am using notepad++ and all the parts are on a new line but in notepad there is no line break like you said.

Ok I got 3.2, sorry for the delay. 3.2 works without changing folder names and I am 99% sure it got all the parts. Creationme what text viewer were you using to view the modfile? I am using notepad++ and all the parts are on a new line but in notepad there is no line break like you said.

Great, thanks for testing! I was using notepad, so it might just be notepad acting up. Glad that it works now and I'll update somewhat later today. v3.2 will only fix the /parts/ issue. v3.3 will also include the legacy feature and probably writes the !required command for you as well, however, I will finish that after my exams =]. So remember later today, update!

Hello. I got some problems with the 3.1 version of the program. After I click on the 'process' button the orange light lights instantaneously and when I click save nothing happens. Two other friends of mine got the same issue. The directions on how to use this program were very vague so we are not sure if we are doing something incorrectly.

Is this a known problem? If it is then how can we fix it?

Hello. I got some problems with the 3.1 version of the program. After I click on the 'process' button the orange light lights instantaneously and when I click save nothing happens. Two other friends of mine got the same issue. The directions on how to use this program were very vague so we are not sure if we are doing something incorrectly.

Is this a known problem? If it is then how can we fix it?

Are you using Windows? It is really straightforward actually.

1. Run the app

2. choose a folder containing your modded ksp executable

3. select the mods you want to include in the multiplayer server.

4. click process

5. click save

Not much to it actually. However, in v3.1 there is a Windows bug. I forgot that Windows (aarghh!!!) uses backslashes in paths, where I only used regular slashes. So I fixed this by checking which OS is running.

I am pretty sure it now should work on Linux, OSX and Windows. So redownload my app with version 3.2 and check if it now works.

Edited by CreationMe

**Update Version 3.2**

Releasing the fix for Windows skipping over de parts folders in mods. Hopefully this should solve most problems.

Download on SpacePort MulitPlayer Part Manager v3.2

ChangeLog

v3.2

*Fixed issue in Windows where 'parts' folders where skipped due to path error. Now the App detects the OS and changes the path accordingly

Are you using Windows? It is really straightforward actually.

1. Run the app

2. choose a folder containing your modded ksp executable

3. select the mods you want to include in the multiplayer server.

4. click process

5. click save

Not much to it actually. However, in v3.1 there is a Windows bug. I forgot that Windows (aarghh!!!) uses backslashes in paths, where I only used regular slashes. So I fixed this by checking which OS is running.

I am pretty sure it now should work on Linux, OSX and Windows. So redownload my app with version 3.2 and check if it now works.

After the 3.2 update everything works like a dream! This is so much help with KMP! Thanks!

Program does not work with mods like Infernal Robotics that put multiple parts in one part cfg file, atleast in my experience.

Edit: Nevermind it just missed the adjustable rails and telescopic pistons.

Edited by Spider0804

Program does not work with mods like Infernal Robotics that put multiple parts in one part cfg file, atleast in my experience.

Edit: Nevermind it just missed the adjustable rails and telescopic pistons.

Mm weird, however, I am unable to help or fix anything as my precious laptop suffered a severe crash. New hard drive/other ram, nothing works. I suspect the logic board firmware is corrupt. Got an appointment at the apple store this Monday and right after that my exams. So I will check for you after 2 week from now

Or maybe later. Depends if I have to buy a new laptop. In that case I maybe should raise a fund for it =p. Poor student. Expensive laptop, ugh!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.