[All OS][Java] MultiPlayer Part Manager v3.4 - 2/March/2014 [Old KMP Version for DMP]

Today I checked out KMP 0.15 with mod control. This is a big plus as only the server needs to add the mods. Unfortunately, KMP changed the file where the mods are stored, thus, making my app somewhat useless (not entirely as it still generates all the parts for you but you need to copy them to the new file). This change will cause a minor delay in the new version. However, work is in progress!

You should update it to generate a correct file for the new server system.

When carefully reading my previous post you will find that the update has a minor delay because of this new system. To conclude, next update will be compatible with the new server side mod control. However, first need to fix some other major bugs. Until then, you can easily copy the parts, from the processed file, to the new server system file. Working on it right now actually.

Good news everyone =D !!!

I smashed, burned, hung, fried and definitely killed the bug in the 2.x versions causing some parts not being scanned. After rewriting the code I wanted to be sure this was fixed. And yes, you probably guessed that it was pretty easy to solve and you are right. Apparently, some parts weren't written in the same encoding and as I "forgot" to tell which coding to pick it just said that the file was empty; thus not scanning for any parts.

The new version is pretty much finished except saving it in the new Server Side Mod Control format and I am waiting for a reply off KMP devs to tell me in what format the names should be (e.g. part0, part.1 part-2, part_3, part 4; ehh you get it right). After that, release of Version 3.0

Edit: new format is implemented. Probably releasing today!

Edited by CreationMe

Hello.

When I use your program, I can only find 4 out of my 5 mods.

working..:

mecjeb2

kas

kmp ( multiplayer mod )

kethane

I think there is a little problem with the mod below. For some reason when I use your program the mod folder do not show up in the list..:

0.23 docking port alignment indicator (version 3.0 )

ssv2031-260x261.png

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/dock-align-indicator/

Thank you for a good program/mod

Sincerely Peder

Hello.

When I use your program, I can only find 4 out of my 5 mods.

working..:

mecjeb2

kas

kmp ( multiplayer mod )

kethane

I think there is a little problem with the mod below. For some reason when I use your program the mod folder do not show up in the list..:

0.23 docking port alignment indicator (version 3.0 )

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/ssv2031-260x261.png

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/dock-align-indicator/

Thank you for a good program/mod

Sincerely Peder

Please be patient for the new release later this evening (for me) or tomorrow. The new version wil probably fix it and improve KMP compatibility.

Edit: I just checked the missing mod for you. The mod does not contain any parts. The latest version does not show partless folders anymore since there is no reason too. Plugins are added by KMP without listing them in the (old) KMPpartlist.txt or the new Server Side mod Control file.

Edited by CreationMe

Thank you very much for making a new version ;-)

Small advice for people who cannot "save" the mod list.

When i the first time ran the program v.3.0 from my desktop I could not save the mod list.

But after moving/extracting the program in the kerbal space program folder and run it from there, then everything work perfect.

:)

Thank you very much for making a new version ;-)

Small advice for people who cannot "save" the mod list.

When i the first time ran the program v.3.0 from my desktop I could not save the mod list.

But after moving/extracting the program in the kerbal space program folder and run it from there, then everything work perfect.

:)

Interessting. What OS are you using? I am pretty sure I know what is causing the bug, however, not sure how to solve it yet. Probably fix that in v3.1 then. Thanks for addressing the problem. Hope everything is working for you now.

Edited by CreationMe

Can you select the specific parts from each mod?

Or just the mod?

With every mod I use I remove maybe half the parts that I see as fluff.

No you can just select the mod package. You can't deselect certain parts, if you don't want some parts yo have to remove them in the mod folder. While I get your point and I kinda like the idea, I won't implement this. If this option is used by servers, people won't know what parts they can and can't use. It can be to chaotic because the mods can still be chosen in the VAB and SP.

Does it generate md5s for all files?

No it doesn't, should it?

I personally only use OSX and I guessed it works on Windows, else someone would have told me I suppose. Actually no clue about linux. However, I think this is the same bug as mentioned some posts above.

Not sure if this works, but try this:

In the 'data' folder edit the 'config.cfg' and replace the '.' with a folder path. So for example 'directory= /ksp_osx' or something else (not familiar with linux paths).

The '.' refers to the working directory in OSX, however, not sure what this is in an other OS. After you choose a folder for the first time it will remember that path. So it might be a first time thing only.

I will try to come up with a hot-fix this week.

Is it alright if I'll contact you to test it for linux?

I personally only use OSX and I guessed it works on Windows, else someone would have told me I suppose. Actually no clue about linux. However, I think this is the same bug as mentioned some posts above.

Not sure if this works, but try this:

In the 'data' folder edit the 'config.cfg' and replace the '.' with a folder path. So for example 'directory= /ksp_osx' or something else (not familiar with linux paths).

The '.' refers to the working directory in OSX, however, not sure what this is in an other OS. After you choose a folder for the first time it will remember that path. So it might be a first time thing only.

I will try to come up with a hot-fix this week.

Is it alright if I'll contact you to test it for linux?

Thanks for the quick response! I tried changing the default directory and it now starts in my KSP folder, but it still won't work. I just get the initial screen. Could it be because the Linux version of KSP doesn't use KSP.app or KSP.exe (your help file indicates that it needs to see one of these)? The Linux version seems to have KSP.x86 and KSP.x86_64. It seems to be looking in the right place, but not seeing whatever it needs.

I'm happy to help out with Linux testing, but fair warning, I'm a total Linux noob (as you may or may not be able to tell).

Thanks for the quick response! I tried changing the default directory and it now starts in my KSP folder, but it still won't work. I just get the initial screen. Could it be because the Linux version of KSP doesn't use KSP.app or KSP.exe (your help file indicates that it needs to see one of these)? The Linux version seems to have KSP.x86 and KSP.x86_64. It seems to be looking in the right place, but not seeing whatever it needs.

I'm happy to help out with Linux testing, but fair warning, I'm a total Linux noob (as you may or may not be able to tell).

Aah thank you. The fact that its has KSP.x86 and KSP.x86_64 is indeed the problem. Luckily this is an easy fix. Will post update probably within the next 20 min.

Hello CreationMe, I am attempting to use your program (Thanks BTW) but it will only recognize the kerbal engineer mod parts. I am using mechjeb2, chatterer, city lights and clouds, kerbal attachment system, and kerbal interstellar. It APPEARS that KMPM is not looking inside the part folders that are in the mod folders.

EDIT. after looking at some source file it appears you are looking for a part folder not a parts folder.

EDIT 2. After changing the name of the parts folder inside mechjeb2 to part KMPM IS looking for a part folder not a parts folder. Changing the folder name allowed KMPM to find the parts.

Edited by dookiejones

**Update Release Version 3.1**

Download now on SpacePort

ChangeLog

v3.1

*Fixed bug where linux folders were denied. Now the program checks if ksp.app, ksp.exe, ksp.x86 or ksp.x86_64 is present in the chosen ksp folder.

Problem solved - thanks!

Unfortunately I'm now having a different problem - KSPModControl.txt seem to get reset every time I run KSP. Your program adds the mods nicely, but then they get removed as soon as I run KSP and connect to my local server. But, I suspect this is an issue for the KMP folks, not you. Thanks!

EDIT: Solved it. Apparently KMP Server has its own KSPModControl.txt file that needs to be modified too. The learning never stops!

Edited by SCVsUnion

Hello CreationMe, I am attempting to use your program (Thanks BTW) but it will only recognize the kerbal engineer mod parts. I am using mechjeb2, chatterer, city lights and clouds, kerbal attachment system, and kerbal interstellar. It APPEARS that KMPM is not looking inside the part folders that are in the mod folders.

EDIT. after looking at some source file it appears you are looking for a part folder not a parts folder.

EDIT 2. After changing the name of the parts folder inside mechjeb2 to part KMPM IS looking for a part folder not a parts folder. Changing the folder name allowed KMPM to find the parts.

Glad you could solve it by renaming, however, according to my code I am looking for a parts folder. If there is no parts folder, it will ignore the folder and just parse through all the cfg files.

if (searchCFG.getName().toLowerCase().equals("parts"))

is used to check for a parts folder not a part folder. Added the lowercase to make sure caps won't matter.

All files are stored in an array.

if(!allCFG.get(i).getAbsolutePath().toLowerCase().contains("/parts/")){

removeableIndexes.add(i);

}

If there is a parts folder present then it will remove all other files outside this folder

However, glad you could fix it. I shall take a look again after my exams. There are no important bugs at the moment and Computer Graphics is a real pain to study.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.