[0.23.5] StretchySRB: A StretchyTanks Continuation v9 Final Pre-PP edition 3/21/14

NathanKell

Okay, so lets see if I understood right. If the Atlas V's first stage has 284,089kg of Fuel and oxidizer mass, I would have to adjust the tank until the total tank mass minus the dry mass equals 284,089kg. Then I would have to adjust the thrust of the engine until the burn time matches the real life one, right?

That's correct for solids. For liquid engines, note that the common-core boosters do have throttleable engines IIRC (they run the central core on low throttle until booster separation) so be careful about burn times...

For liquid engines should I do this? Get the propellant mass then divide it by the total mass (propellant + fuel tank) and use that for the utilization? Like the Delta II first stage: 96.12 t (fuel) divided by 101.80t (total mass) gives 0.94. So I should put 0.94 utilization? Or should I adjust utilization until the fuel mass matches the real mass?

Edited by coldblade2000

hello guys. first of, i wanna thank you for awesome work on RO. i have a problem. when i install Stretchy SRBs i cannot use them in VAB. also if i use the older ones (Stretchy Tanks) with RF, fuel just won't stay in tank and it disappears after while. could anyone help me?

I manages to hurtle mine... I totally deleted my KSP folder in steam dir. downloaded the game. installed. and followed the realism overhall instructions to the letter and it appears at first use to be working.. probably a config from some old mod I removed. fresh ksp copy fixed it.

thanks.

mar117117: Note that as of Stretchy v9 and RF v5.1, only the super stretchies and conical stretchies appear. You're saying that *no* stretchy tanks of any sort appear?

I don't see any problems in the log--KSP appears to be loading the parts ok.

Oh, one thing to try: run KSP as administrator, or move the KSP folder out of Program Files. That sometimes doesn't let plugins run (if you run with user level with KSP in Program Files).

Actually some did load, i think they were the conical one, balloon and service tank. However tanks that are in first node of RPL just dont work. They appear in research lab but i cant use them in VAB. I hope you understand my crappy english :D

I too am havin an issue with stretchy tanks in RSS with realism overhaul. procedural parts acts the same way.

Bascially, in the vab instead of a single tank showing up with tweakable options, I get one part for each variation (conical, balloon, cylinder etc.) and they are non adjustable. Some of them show the UI for changing diameter/length but changing the number in either direction does not change their size.

mar117117: with the non-fixed-radius tanks (the super-stretchy and the conic stretchy).

goldstarstickergiver: Sounds like maybe a conflict between Stretchy and PP; try using only one. Recall that stretchies use keys (hold key down while moving the cursor over the tank, sometimes left-right, sometimes up-down) whereas PP uses tweakables.