[0.23.5] StretchySRB: A StretchyTanks Continuation v9 Final Pre-PP edition 3/21/14

NathanKell

blackheart612: looks awesome!

Segmenting is fakeable: that's what my original SRB texture fakes, along with the autoWidthDivide stuff: when you stretch it vertically it adds more segments on the texture. :)

If you want *actual* segments, then right now your option is the Advanced SRB mod. What might short-term work better is allowing different nozzle/skirts for the SRB.

(As, reading the next page, suggested by DasBananenbrot)

And yes, nozzle resizing based on thrust (and a limit to thrust, based on maximum possible nozzle size for that diameter tank) is coming, per discussion I had with Ferram, oh, must be near a month ago. I just kinda forgot (and got busy doing other stu--OOH, SHINY). :blush:

blackheart612, don't you go underestimating! Your stuff is *darn* awesome. :)

Thank you :)

I forgot to add, if anybody likes white nozzles for the SRBs, you can get it here

Caution though, it would change the SRB Nozzles forever unless you have a backup. You know it already

Edit for Nathan:

The "fakeable" segmenting goes on and on but the texture can be cut. Config can easily be changed but I wanted it to be a whole texture so that a corner ends to a corner. (Because I tried that config for the texture already)

Thank you for your efforts Nathan! Didn't say yet but this mod is amazing

Edit2:

Is model changing (like cones) and adding it to SRB (skirted/nonskirted) and stretchy tanks (like STS EFT models with a long pipe-like stuff on the side) feasible?

Edited by blackheart612
Does anybody even read this?

And yes, nozzle resizing based on thrust (and a limit to thrust, based on maximum possible nozzle size for that diameter tank) is coming, per discussion I had with Ferram, oh, must be near a month ago. I just kinda forgot (and got busy doing other stu--OOH, SHINY). :blush:

Resizing nozzles is shiny! Go chase the shiny resizing nozzles Nathan! :P

More seriously, it'd be nice to have that, since otherwise I'll have to build a mortar rocket to take advantage of it for fun and profit (it does minimize gravity losses, so there's a reason too).

blackheart612: looks awesome!

Segmenting is fakeable: that's what my original SRB texture fakes, along with the autoWidthDivide stuff: when you stretch it vertically it adds more segments on the texture. :)

If you want *actual* segments, then right now your option is the Advanced SRB mod. What might short-term work better is allowing different nozzle/skirts for the SRB.

(As, reading the next page, suggested by DasBananenbrot)

blackheart612, don't you go underestimating! Your stuff is *darn* awesome. :)

I can't wait for it :D Well guess a week or two it takes at least (you said you are away this and next week right?) but the promise that it will come is far more than enough right now . You're awesome

Thank you :)

I forgot to add, if anybody likes white nozzles for the SRBs, you can get it here

Caution though, it would change the SRB Nozzles forever unless you have a backup. You know it already

Thanks and I was just about to ask :) Thanks again for those awesome shuttle based textures

Now can someone make a patch for Kerbal Isp Difficulty Scaler and this to work right together, the srbs are useless for me because i'm using Kerbal Isp Difficulty Scaler instead of the normal configs for RSS. By the way,1.4 works right for that if you want the Kerbal X to just make orbit.

Edit! Random idea! Have a way for the conical tanks to have they're sides bow out (or in, but that might look a bit silly).

Edited by bs1110101

I meant more for having just rounded cones like the top of the shuttle's tank and such, having this would make Soyuz based rockets easier though.

Also, if this gets added, also add a thin so the farthest out point of the curve and be moved forwards or backwards of the middle of the tank, with the curve to the farther end of the tank being flatter and the curve to the closer one being steeper.

@blackheart Just a short question... Did you add the Shuttle skins to your first pack and then updated the download or did you made a seperate pack for the shuttle skins? Because I hadn't the time to install your first texture pack until now and want to know if I know just have to install the package from the second download or if I have to install them both ( the donwloads have slightly different names so that is why I am confused :D)

@blackheart Just a short question... Did you add the Shuttle skins to your first pack and then updated the download or did you made a seperate pack for the shuttle skins? Because I hadn't the time to install your first texture pack until now and want to know if I know just have to install the package from the second download or if I have to install them both ( the donwloads have slightly different names so that is why I am confused :D)

Yes, they are always a full pack.

Also, I added dates to know which is which and which is updated.

I wish Nathan sees and updates but looks like if ever I update very often, it will be a couple of work for him.

So I only hope that guys see them new links here because they are newer.

Also you can delete the textures you don't like without a sweat, they are all folder'd out.

@bs1110101 that feature is already there, if I understood what you were talking about. Press the 'b' key while over a conical tank, it will take different shapes

You're right and i'm blind, i still think my way of doing it is better, though not really enough to bother changing it anytime soon.

So yeah, bringing up the topic of the conic tanks, I wish it had the tilted to the side tank so I can make Soyuz stretchies ;.;

That would be a cool option. Would also allow you to make nosecones for something like the Atlas SRBs.

Yes, they are always a full pack.

Also, I added dates to know which is which and which is updated.

I wish Nathan sees and updates but looks like if ever I update very often, it will be a couple of work for him.

So I only hope that guys see them new links here because they are newer.

Also you can delete the textures you don't like without a sweat, they are all folder'd out.

Yep saw it now :D Would be a shame if others wouldn't find the update :D But I guess NK will update the OP as soon as he can

Hey i just installed this mod to use in my previous career mode. I dont see any of the parts in the tree. A friend of mine also installed it and cant see any parts. Is there something i need to do to make them appear in the tree?

Edit: i found the .625 tank. That tells me I am probably making a mostake somewhere. Thanks.

Edited by jalapen0

man. this mod makes it very easy to declutter my part count along with Modular Fuels. wow. really makes it so easy to delete/hide the non stretchy fuel tanks.

Question: Is there any way to go back when pressing the texture button? I can't seem to figure it out... and my forum search isn't returning anything useful.

man. this mod makes it very easy to declutter my part count along with Modular Fuels. wow. really makes it so easy to delete/hide the non stretchy fuel tanks.

Question: Is there any way to go back when pressing the texture button? I can't seem to figure it out... and my forum search isn't returning anything useful.

You mean going back to the previous texture? texture cycling only work via the T button so you just have to cyle through until you are back at your favored texture ..

You mean going back to the previous texture? texture cycling only work via the T button so you just have to cyle through until you are back at your favored texture ..

derp... I figured it out anyways haha. Turns out you have to press T a few times after you get to the last texture. I just thought it didn't cycle back to the first one :P

Ferram: heh. :)

Yes, I'll add the nozzle-thrust linking and ability to change nozzle model and texture to the top of my todo list (well, right after fixing ModuleHybridEngine and adding ModuleEnginesFX support to RF).

Probably the easiest approach would be to ask if anyone would be willing to make nozzle/skirt models, and then I can just swap models. Or I guess maybe for flexibility, have separate nozzles and skirts?

blackheart612: I think the best idea might be if you created a new thread for your texturey awesomeness. Then I can just link that in the OP, and you can update it as desired. And so it gets more well-deserved notice. :)