Pulling Hair out ( not that i have much left)

Ah, you are running the RemoteTech mod.

You have to have an antenna attached, extended, and linked to mission control/Kerbin via its modded menu. There is just one issue: Deployed antennas will break in the air like deployed solar panels with that mod. Your ship will have to be manned during launch, then have an antenna on the probe deployed and linked to mission control or Kerbin prior to decoupling the probe once it's in space. I am unsure at this time if there is an antenna high on the tech tree that wont break.

You have to have an antenna attached, extended, and linked to mission control/Kerbin via its modded menu. There is just one issue: Deployed antennas will break in the air like deployed solar panels with that mod. Your ship will have to be manned during launch, then have an antenna on the probe deployed and linked to mission control or Kerbin prior to decoupling the probe once it's in space. I am unsure at this time if there is an antenna high on the tech tree that wont break.

ok so if i understand i need to have a probe attached to a manned flight then decoupled and antanna extened etc to get probes to work ........mmmm ok i go delete the remote tech mod .

Thanks chaps very helpfull Happy flying

This is false. There is an antenna which will not break and its farily low in tech (FlightControl). The small dipole antenna (Reflectron DP-10) wont break in atmo and is activated by deafult but it only has 500km range so use it exit atmo and then activate a proper antenna. Also keep in mind antennas need electricity not mention range and line-of sight to KSC or a comms relay (satellite or similar). Your craft will become uncontrollabe if any of the former is missing.

RT makes the game quite a bit more complicated when it comes to probes i would suggest to the OP to explore it a bit more and then decide if its his "thing" or not.

Edited by Vrana

The breaking of antennas wouldn't change anything anyway, cause that rocket will crash and be completly destroyd. You are not going to get any science from it

I'm assuming he simplified the rocket down to its barest essentials to see if he could figure out the problem.

This is false. There is an antenna which will not break and its farily low in tech (FlightControl). The small dipole antenna (Reflectron DP-10) wont break in atmo and is activated by deafult but it only has 500km range so use it exit atmo and then activate a proper antenna. Also keep in mind antennas need electricity not mention range and line-of sight to KSC or a comms relay (satellite or similar). Your craft will become uncontrollabe if any of the former is missing.

RT makes the game quite a bit more complicated when it comes to probes i would suggest to the OP to explore it a bit more and then decide if its his "thing" or not.

Ah, I see. Thanks for that correction; I see the Dipole now. I had looked in the science sections where the stock antennas were located before, hence my uncertainty stated in my original reply. Looks like manned missions might still be needed before really making a lot of use of the thing, so that the relays may be set up for communication/control once LOS to KSC is lost.

ok as u can see top left it says no connection and i cant do a thing with it

screenshot5_zps16d54d48.png

Your staging is correct. The Stayputnik doesn't show up in the staging setup.

kTLUCfc.jpg

However;

Since the Stayputnik only has a tiny battery of 10 units of power and you have been setting on the pad for a while, chances are the on board battery is now dead. No battery power = no control.

I couldn't figure out the flight log. Just did a second test. The booster had not completely overheated on failure. So, I added a decoupler under the Stayputnik. That fixed the problem which was caused by a compression failure. Note the G force at 10,000+ meters

wuW2Rpn.jpg

8Q4xIzc.jpg

Edited by SRV Ron

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.