[0.20+] BlueHarvest ENB Series and BlueHarvest ENB +SweetFX - Better Graphics in KSP

WAS

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is exactly what I've been looking for! But I'm having an issue with it.

Namely that when I try to start the game with the d3d9.dll in my install folder I get a black screen, though the game is running as I hear music. Everything went in the same folder as ksp.exe, as per the instructions as well as I've turned off anti-aliasing in game. I've turned off Antistropic Filtering in my Nvidia control panel so I think it should be taking. Other than that I'm not sure what could be causing the issue, I've included a screen shot of my settings here if anyone see's anything off about them. I've also tried running in both windowed and full screen mode, any help would be appreciated!

This is exactly what I've been looking for! But I'm having an issue with it.

Namely that when I try to start the game with the d3d9.dll in my install folder I get a black screen, though the game is running as I hear music. Everything went in the same folder as ksp.exe, as per the instructions as well as I've turned off anti-aliasing in game. I've turned off Antistropic Filtering in my Nvidia control panel so I think it should be taking. Other than that I'm not sure what could be causing the issue, I've included a screen shot of my settings here if anyone see's anything off about them. I've also tried running in both windowed and full screen mode, any help would be appreciated!

Do not change nvidoa settings, restore defaults. make sure you are in full screen, not borderless maximized.

• 2 weeks later...
This seems to happen when you run KSP in windowed mode. ENB was intended for fullscreen games. Try switching to actuall Fullscreen mode so ENB and the game can have full rendering priority over your screen.

I am running fullscreen (double checked) and I also get the same red texture issue. Not using KMM or anything.

Interestingly though, even before I installed the ENB, I was getting some weird red grain glitch while using Romfarer's Lazor Docking Cam. Not sure if they might be related issues.

Even though you say to disable AA and AF, which I know is typical for ENBs, doing so only reduced the game's visual fidelity to that of a slice of moldy bread. I was using the SweetFX version with HQ settings, and I did restart to see if that was needed to apply changes. I turned AA and AF back to full and everything looked nice again, except that it strangely wasn't being applied to certain parts of some ships.

I actually have similar issues, weird pixely grain, and my meter bar is glitched outside Kerbin influence. Have you checked advanced options in the launcher for the "Borderless Windowed Mode" which looks like fullscreen, but actually isn't.

I actually have similar issues, weird pixely grain, and my meter bar is glitched outside Kerbin influence. Have you checked advanced options in the launcher for the "Borderless Windowed Mode" which looks like fullscreen, but actually isn't.

Ha, I had never even seen the launcher until now, Steam just launches the game directly. Even though I have seen Launcher.exe in the game folder many times, I just sort of ignored it.

But anyway, the borderless window option is unchecked. Do I perhaps need to run in AMD compatibility mode since I'm using an AMD GPU?

EDIT: Scratch that. It's just to do with Phenom CPUs.

Hmm, that is strange. I usually get my best results with AMD with ENB Series. You could give it a shot. If not it may be a weird incompatibilty with your card

EDIT: Ohhh, well theres your issue, bottle-necking. Intel and AMD do not get along with each other. Be careful, your Phenom is rigged to short out your AMD GPU. Their little market scheme. Might be why you are getting artifacting.

Edited by WAS

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for making this...but it looks kind of pointless other than messing around with the colour palette and making things look sharper.

the DoP did not work.If it does please provide a screenshot were we can see the effect.

how can we change palettes during gameplay?alt-tab-copy-paste?

overall I was always positive about enbs for ksp but apparently they don't do much.unless the files I downloaded from spaceport were not correct.

P.S. I definitely wanna see a screenshot with DoP.

running game version 0.23 almost all moons turned red in map mode and tracking center

in the end the only thing worth in this enb is the DoF(which didn't wok for me).cant see any reason why anyone would use it no offence.ive used enbs in the tes games and the fallouts.this one I don't like.

Edited by techstepman

thanks for making this...but it looks kind of pointless other than messing around with the colour palette and making things look sharper.

the DoP did not work.If it does please provide a screenshot were we can see the effect.

how can we change palettes during gameplay?alt-tab-copy-paste?

overall I was always positive about enbs for ksp but apparently they don't do much.unless the files I downloaded from spaceport were not correct.

P.S. I definitely wanna see a screenshot with DoP.

running game version 0.23 almost all moons turned red I

n map mode and tracking center

in the end the only thing worth in this enb is the DoF(which didn't wok for me).cant see any reason why anyone would use it no offence.ive used enbs in the tes games and the fallouts.this one I don't like.

I mention DoF doesn't work and blurs menus. It looks fair in cinematic mode.

Yes, alt tab and replace.

And yes, that's what ENB is for on any game Boris hasn't made hooks for. Gadient maps, bloom, AA, and DoF. This is stuff aimed towards Boris the developer. Only he can has the raw source and can make a 'skyrim' like enb. ENB Generic is... generic.

no menus were blurred!it was as if I never put the enbseries.ini from the the dof optional folder.

seemed kind of weird so tried it many times.never worked.there was no blurring whatsoever.read the ini,the dof was on but in game there was no hint of any dof.did you check it for 0.23?then again I cant think of any way that it wouldn't work on 0.23.

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed, pickup the Generic Version linked in the directions.

I have been told that the Renderer was updated in 0.23, it's possible this is preventing DOF from doing anything with your type of GPU.

My results with KSP 0.23 with BlueHarvest+ (Settings lowest, on a laptop)

57yd.jpg

Edited by WAS

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think I know the answer, but is it possible to have this working dynamically for each environment?

For example the Duna palette in Duna, BlueHarvest on orbit, the WarmDesert in Kerbin? I mean, I already doing this myself, but would be cool if it was automatic.

I think I know the answer, but is it possible to have this working dynamically for each environment?

For example the Duna palette in Duna, BlueHarvest on orbit, the WarmDesert in Kerbin? I mean, I already doing this myself, but would be cool if it was automatic.

Currently there is nothing that ENB can fetch from KSP that would indicate a 'evnironment' change, which is highly unfortunate, though I'm highly hopeful for more shader hooks to allow proper DoF and environments based on where you are.

no ideas ?

Did you get ENB DLL from Boris?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That looks great, I've always thought subtle Chromatic Abberation adds an incredibly realistic feel to games :) Any chance of getting a more realistic DoF effect based on camera to target distance? Maybe also include a bokeh effect as seen in this photoshop edit I made of my RVE mod: tddWWVa.jpg

City Lights, Volumetrics & Aurora's with some post processing (photoshop) DoF and Bokeh

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.