[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

I remember I did at one point, it turned out to be that I was using the Squad Texture Reduction pack which changes the location the textures are stored at or something. If you have steam just verify your game cache before launching the game and see if that works.

That did the trick, thanks a lot!

Strangely, I had to reinstall and deinstall the pack because it didn't work the first time I verified the cache :huh: But it does now :D

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Sam Hall's Mk2 Cockpit IVA seems to be supported as when I use it with RPM it has a MFD. I just thought this should be put on the main post so that it can be clearer which mods this supports.

Hey, so I have a random bug that I don't understand. I've installed and reinstalled both RasterPropMonitor AND Probe Control Room. But when I go IVA on a probe I get this.

2jssYpK.png

What's going on? Is it a problem with Raster Prop Monitor, or with the Control Room mod? And how the hell do I fix it?

I'm also having a similar problem to this, but no texture problems, just the monitors not working (either black or grey screen) and the whole cockpit is unresponsive. For example the compass is still, turning on SAS or RCS doesn't turn on the button lights, etc etc. Is RasterpropMonitor compatible with the latest Module manager? Or just the version it comes with? Because if I use the outdated version of module manager that comes with the mod, I can't use Ferram... Also Verifying steam cache didn't help. So It either is a mod file I accidentally overwrote, or the fact that I'm not using module manager that comes with the mod, but the latest version of it.

Hey, so I have a random bug that I don't understand. I've installed and reinstalled both RasterPropMonitor AND Probe Control Room. But when I go IVA on a probe I get this.

http://i.imgur.com/2jssYpK.png

What's going on? Is it a problem with Raster Prop Monitor, or with the Control Room mod? And how the hell do I fix it?

Looks exactly like the problem incal had right above you. Did you do what Castun suggested?

Edited by dubhorizon

There is a better looking Beta out of that mod that fix a bug with it you can find it here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67450-WIP-IVA-PLUGIN-ProbeControlRoom-1-0-alpha2-IVA-All-the-things%21-Toolbar-Screens?p=1037800&viewfull=1#post1037800

Edit - @dubhorizon & @Tassyr

Tried It, still the same result. f5XyLwn.png

This happens to all cockpit/monitors. It would be awesome to know if it's an incompatibillity with the latest module manager or if it works fine with it, so I can eliminate it as a possibility.

There is a better looking Beta out of that mod that fix a bug with it you can find it here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67450-WIP-IVA-PLUGIN-ProbeControlRoom-1-0-alpha2-IVA-All-the-things%21-Toolbar-Screens?p=1037800&viewfull=1#post1037800

Edit - @dubhorizon & @Tassyr

Nnnnnope. each screen only reads "bad redirect.' Though the room looks great.

Nnnnnope. each screen only reads "bad redirect.' Though the room looks great.

You using RPM .16 ? and what MM ? my screens still work.

Edit are you using Hyomoto MDF think there was something about his when .16 came out with his, he might have fix it but, I stop using his.

That or some of your files are in the wrong place.

Edited by Mecripp2

You using RPM .16 ? and what MM ? my screens still work.

Edit are you using Hyomoto MDF think there was something about his when .16 came out with his, he might have fix it but, I stop using his.

That or some of your files are in the wrong place.

Module Manager V 2.0.5

RasterPropMonitor V 0.16

Module Manager V 2.0.5

RasterPropMonitor V 0.16

What about other cockpits and pods, do they also have missing textures?

Might want to try to reinstall the game, it looks like the problem with textures missing or in the wrong location.

Module Manager V 2.0.5

RasterPropMonitor V 0.16

You have it installed like KSP/GameData/JSI and KSP/GameData/MechJeb2RPM and KSP/GameData/SCANsatRPM

EDIT and you never said if you was using Hyomoto MDF or not if so zip it up or delete it and try.

Edited by Mecripp2

Well, that means they changed version numbering so that the stable release is the last build that gets a particular version number, rather than the first, as it was previously. (You can confirm or deny that by checking the version number for dev builds in Windows file properties.) Which means RPM can be compatible with the release or with the dev builds, but not both.

I don't think .NET lets me bypass that easily.

EDIT: Well, it's actually worse. Dev builds now have a version number of 2.2.1.<build number>, which means that there will be no more compatibility with dev builds unless someone tells me how to bypass that.

I am the new maintainer of SCANsat. I do not have danny's permission, I have had no contact with him at all. Nevertheless, the software is open source and I am willing and able. I don't think it is even necessary to contact him to ask (since his M.I.A.-ness has been established) but I would be happy to do so. So I have been releasing release candidates in the hopes of getting a version out there which at least 2 people have confirmed works in every way I expect it to work (which includes RPM, and the exporting of any attributes that you see fit to need, to make any improvements you want).

Please head over to this thread in General Add-On Affairs so we can work together to see if there is an acceptable solution to our module loading needs, or if we need to petition the Squad squad to help us so we can active, modern-day open source developers who have fast build cycles.

I do not have to worry about MechJeb (though I use it), because I have no reason to reference it when compiling to build SCANsat (or SCANsatRPM, for that matter).

I agree with you that, in principle, .NET/C#/Mono/whatever, should not even care about version numbers in the assembly.cs files of our various projects. (The argument is that none of us are strong-named, so assembly version numbers do not matter).

I think there are two outs to this:

1. Squad can choose to do whatever the hell they want, using any information available to them (though they may ultimately have to call some .NET module to load an assembly eventually)

2. This page (MSDN) and this page (blogspot, ref. from stackoverflow) seem to imply that there are three version attributes (whose response to our three current version strategies of (RPM,mjRPM,ssRPM = no versioning), (SS = 1.0.*.{random} ), and (MJ = arbitrary (all four assigned manually)); whose response to these choices for all three attributes we do not know in the case of .NET, nor do we know in the case of Squad.

I am willing to do literally whatever is best, but I want to be able to have people use dev builds of MechJeb and dev builds of my mod. If that means that we figure out this versioning nonsense, then fine. If that means I have to re-write the whole damn SCANsat plugin using some reflection or wrapper or some other mildly annoying (but performance retaining!), I will do that too.

I am on Linux, by the way, so we might be able to come up with a protocol to test these things and verify that they work consistently on both platforms, before getting out pitchforks and demand^h^h^h^h^h^h humbly petitioning Squad to help us.

Any chance we could see a plugin for RemoteTech? At simplist maybe just some readouts about range and probe relays involved, but could also expand to include control over other (detached) vessels, or view their cameras within a certain range. This idea could potentially incorporate some kind of progressive signal noise with range? I'm just thinking how awesome it'd be if you could control/view through detached probes from your ship for stuff like docking maybe, or control hubs.

I had a look at the DEV probe control room mod, but am kinda unclear as to what it actually does besides using the already existing MFD mods and implementing a WIP cockpit? :/

Oh also there was a camera for lazer mod that could lock to a given target and stay focus on it regardless of the camera orientation (a gimbal essentially), however it had a 2d windowed interface, I was wandering if this might be a possibility for RPM?

Hi there!

First of all I wanna thank you all for an awesome job on creating this mod. That being said, I have some problems.

I believe someone mentioned it earlier, openresourcesystem is creating problems for this mod (or maybe its something else, but deleting it solves whatever the problem is and the mod starts working properly). The pods, while openresourcesystem is installed, all of them, lose all IVA functionalities, save for some light switches here or there. The screens become greyed out and do not work when i press the buttons around them.

The previous problem had something to do with an outdated version of the activetexturemanagement. I however have the latest versions of both the ATM and RPM. In fact I downloaded them both today =).

Anyways, here are my ksp.log (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1093844/KSP.log) and output.log (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1093844/output_log.txt) files:

Oh and btw I am on steam version 0.23.5 (windows 7) and running lots of mods, interstellar, deadly reentry, lots of texture enhancements (distant object, cool rockets, hot rockets vs.), mechjeb, scansat, the list goes on and on. And modulemanager 2.1.

Cheers!

Hi there!

First of all I wanna thank you all for an awesome job on creating this mod. That being said, I have some problems.

I believe someone mentioned it earlier, openresourcesystem is creating problems for this mod (or maybe its something else, but deleting it solves whatever the problem is and the mod starts working properly). The pods, while openresourcesystem is installed, all of them, lose all IVA functionalities, save for some light switches here or there. The screens become greyed out and do not work when i press the buttons around them.

The previous problem had something to do with an outdated version of the activetexturemanagement. I however have the latest versions of both the ATM and RPM. In fact I downloaded them both today =).

Anyways, here are my ksp.log (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1093844/KSP.log) and output.log (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1093844/output_log.txt) files:

Oh and btw I am on steam version 0.23.5 (windows 7) and running lots of mods, interstellar, deadly reentry, lots of texture enhancements (distant object, cool rockets, hot rockets vs.), mechjeb, scansat, the list goes on and on. And modulemanager 2.1.

Cheers!

I second that, it was that folder for me as well. As soon as I removed it (along with the rest of the interstellar mod) everything started working again great! Thanks Trebiane for finding it.

I second that, it was that folder for me as well. As soon as I removed it (along with the rest of the interstellar mod) everything started working again great! Thanks Trebiane for finding it.

Hehe no problem, actually it was SandmanX who found it first so props to him as well.

Anyways, I am playing career mode, so i guess openresourcesystem is necessary for the interstellar mode? Did anyone find a way to make the osr work rpm?

What does it mean when you get an initialization error?RJGkqBB.png

Never mind problem resolved ... it had to be something in how I had everything installed. I uninstalled everything then re-installed and prob gone.

Edited by positivewun
fixed it .. disregard

Deleting OpenResourceSystem removed the errors. However, after much trial and error I discovered OpenResourceSystem was not getting along with an outdated version of Active Texture Management causing my problems. I apparently hadn't upgraded to version 2-15 when I thought I had. Thank you for this amazing mod.

Hey sandmanx could you elaborate your fix? Do OpenResourceSystem and RPM work together now?

They need to each have different numbers assigned to them - putting cameras on in symmetry assigns the same number to all of them.

Did you forget to give them unique IDs? Rightclick them in editor.