[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

Hey all, Im looking into the RastorPropManager Initialization failure when attempting to load up probe control room.(requires SCANSAT). What is the error usually indicitive of? Im fairly good with hunting down issues.. but the error is KINDA vague:-)

Any help is appreciated.

Did you look at probe control room post ? , I posted a band-aid for RPM .17 there and what ver. of ScanSat you have think, I was using Ver. 7 and all worked.

Hey all, Im looking into the RastorPropManager Initialization failure when attempting to load up probe control room.(requires SCANSAT). What is the error usually indicitive of? Im fairly good with hunting down issues.. but the error is KINDA vague:-)

The error is posted in case when RPM started initializing, but could not complete the process for one reason or another. During startup, RPM dumps at least half a page of log messages, which you can see in KSP_Data/output_log.txt, and most of them are much more helpful than the single error message I could put on screen.

Mind you, Probe Control Room needs updating to work with 0.17, I'm told.

Is there a way to get the KSO RPM layout in the Stock capsules?

Not a ready made one, though it's obviously not impossible to do, it's mostly just a bunch of configuration files.

Just swap the bobcat MFDs for the RPM ones

How would 1 go about doing that ? either, there gone or they flip or it kicks me to desktop.

Edit- is this what he was using to call to RPM--> MODULE

{

name = JSIInternalPersistence

}

No no I'm talking about replacing the props in the internal .cfg

Not sure what bobcat called his MFDs but the new one is called "RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD"

I know that it does'nt work, he calls them HOMEMFD60x20

EDIT- Mind if, I send you a PM ?

EDIT- And can unity run on wine on a Linux ?

Edited by Mecripp2

It should work fine, the rotation might be wrong though, easy to figure out using unity+parttools.

There is no real base rotation for props in KSP and even stock props are pretty random in their rotation.

can someone please put up the previous version for those of us who want to revert back to .16 until everyone updates to .17?

...yeah, can someone please click either of the two download links in the OP, both of which have either of these two versions? :)

Github releases page actually has everything since all the way back to 0.9.

can someone please put up the previous version for those of us who want to revert back to .16 until everyone updates to .17?

If you follow the download link in the OP, it leads to the GitHub Releases page and you can download from there.

EDIT: Something something ninja..

...yeah, can someone please click either of the two download links in the OP, both of which have either of these two versions? :)

Github releases page actually has everything since all the way back to 0.9.

wait it does....

Having a bit of an issue. I have both MJ and ScanSAT installed, as well as RPM. However, neither work in any IVA views. They're all up to date since I updated all of them just now. ScanSAT provides its own DLL in the GameData/SCANsatRPM folder, so it should work. MechJeb2 does not provide an RPM dll, but MechJebRPM.dll (not MechJeb2RPM.dll) comes with RPM, though unlike SCANsat it's not in its own folder (that is, there is no GameData/MechJeb2RPM folder). Attempting to open maps in IVA says "no satellite connection" and trying to use MJ says "no autopilot installed", and the MJ and ScanSat icons in the ALCOR capsule are lit red as though they're not intalled.

0.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Any idea what might be going on?

Any idea what might be going on?

Well, maybe the autopilot software really isn't installed. I don't see a MechJeb part on your vessel anywhere, RPM does not actually attach one if you didn't do it. :)

Though if you have added it to part configs or something and it doesn't work anyway, there are two other possible failure reasons:

1. MechJeb version is not a development build #254 or newer. "2.2.1 release" is unfortunately not up to date since they changed some of the internals RPM relies on around #254.
  2. There's a lost MechJebRPM.dll in GameData/MechJeb2RPM remaining from an RPM 0.16 installation, delete it.

Well, maybe the autopilot software really isn't installed. I don't see a MechJeb part on your vessel anywhere, RPM does not actually attach one if you didn't do it. :)

5.png

EDIT: Problem solved. Issue was I was using the release version of MJ but not the latest Dev version.

Edited by Cashen

What texture is used on the screens/props? I'm trying to troubleshoot the screens being grayed out by GreenSkulls texture management configs.

Lots of them? In general, this seems to work fine:

compress = false
mipmaps = false
scale = 1
max_size = 0
filtering = Bilinear
make_not_readable = true

There's very little, if anything, to save around RPM's distribution by reducing texture sizes and much of it relies on exact pixel sizes, textures are mostly components for copy-pasting into other textures, so there's no need for mipmaps, and copy-pasting is accomplished in GPU so it should be safe to make_not_readable.

This has started happening to me since last week, although I was surprised it didn't happen while I was testing your private dev version of RPM 0.17.

I don't currently have an opportunity to test it, but I'm pretty sure it's best fixed as a one-line change in TR. See the issue discussion. :)https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/issues/126

As a temporary workaround, install SFR's plugin DLL (so that it's loaded) but do not install the pods that use it (because that would be incompatible), the results should be completely identical to my one-line proposed change to TR. TR detects and specially handles sfr's plugin, RPM needs to be afforded the same treatment.

If that for whatever reason isn't possible, I can make a dummy plugin that pretends to be sfr's plugin, but I very much would rather not. :)