[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

now i'm puzzled...RPM cockpits have vanished into smoke on my game, all squad internals are back to stock appearance and behavior. i'm assuming this happened somewhere between 24.0 and 24.2 because initially everything was working normally. i updated to the RPM 0.18.1 hotfix but nothing happened, is there some sort of conflict i may be encountering with other mods that i'm unaware of?

now i'm puzzled...RPM cockpits have vanished into smoke on my game, all squad internals are back to stock appearance and behavior. i'm assuming this happened somewhere between 24.0 and 24.2 because initially everything was working normally. i updated to the RPM 0.18.1 hotfix but nothing happened, is there some sort of conflict i may be encountering with other mods that i'm unaware of?

A conflict between different versions of ModuleManager and/or you simply forgetting to install one at all, surely.

A conflict between different versions of ModuleManager and/or you simply forgetting to install one at all, surely.
How many copies of Module Manager do you have installed? If the answer is anything other than '1', that's the problem.

doy, guess i really should have checked for that in the first place :huh:. stock and mod interiors working as expected again, thank you guys.

Bump for point release.

RasterPropMonitor v0.18.1

This is a maintenance release, mostly to get rid of the version compatibility warnings with KSP 0.24.2 (it worked fine) and shoehorning in a few bug fixes for certain obscure issues.

Bugs fixed:

• It was possible to hear an alarm sound while out of IVA by going out of IVA while it is playing. Now, if you do that, the volume of the alarm sound is reduced to zero, so that you don't hear it, but when you come back, it won't attempt to continue playing from the same position it had when you left.
  • Transparent pods had a chance to misplace the portraits of their denizens in certain cases, hopefully this will no longer be the case.
  • More advanced error detection should distinguish between cases of being broken by a third party mod killing the startup chain and being incorrectly configured.
  • BasicMFD's MODEL {} had incorrect texture URLs in it. They still worked, but they were wrong.

New features:

• Not much of a feature, but Junk Systems Inc. now has a flag and will offer contracts in the same manner as the stock agencies do -- please don't blame me when those become silly.
  • Monitors within transparent pods will update even when the user is not in IVA, so if they're visible from outside their contents will change.

Oh cute.

Processing error while processing RCS: Could not load type 'Reputation' from assembly 'RasterPropMonitor'.

That's because this type isn't in there, it's a stock KSP class. The only way I can imagine this happening is if you're using KSP older than 0.24 before the introduction of funds and reputation.

Are you? If you are, you will have to use RPM version 0.17, available in the usual places.

Thank you for the help, I will try that, and why the "Oh cute" ?

Because it was the most amusing failure mode to date, which I really couldn't expect. :) I honestly expected KSP would protect itself from it, but apparently it very much doesn't.

ok maybe this is an unfeasable or slightly out there feature request. But is there any way to export these screens out of the game in any way, into a new window or a video stream etc? id love to be able to have them on a second monitor.

ok maybe this is an unfeasable or slightly out there feature request. But is there any way to export these screens out of the game in any way, into a new window or a video stream etc? id love to be able to have them on a second monitor.

Not really practical for numerous reasons, and there are other plugins that do better for the purpose.

Quick question, is the External Camera for RPM interchangeable with the one from the ALCOR Capsule?? I really like the look of that one more and would rather use it instead of the one for RPM.

Quick answer: Yes.

Slightly longer answer: Even if it weren't, it would be just a matter of a configuration patch.

I realize you don't have much control over this, but any ideas why it happens?

Most likely, it's the lecture at http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57603-0-24-2-RasterPropMonitor-putting-the-A-in-your-IVA-%28v0-18-1%29-27-Jul?p=1297893&viewfull=1#post1297893

However, I see the old model from pre-RPM 0.17, which is no longer bundled with RPM in the first place, in a stock IVA edit. Which implies incorrect installation and possibly multiple copies of ModuleManager as the actual cause, as described in http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57603-0-24-2-RasterPropMonitor-putting-the-A-in-your-IVA-%28v0-18-1%29-27-Jul?p=1297818&viewfull=1#post1297818

So I took over beastly science because with the destruction of the Kerbal Space Port he no longer had a descent distributor. I have modified the KerbKam so that it will work with RPM, however, the camera has its lens part off center of the actual camera part. So you end up with

B9TubB4.jpg

is there a way for me to move the camera away from the actual model just a touch, or move it along it's axis, I know I can alter the direction it points already,

MODULE
{
name = JSIExternalCameraSelector
cameraContainer = Rectangle007
rotateCamera = -90,90,90
cameraIDPrefix = ExtCam
}

I did a search through your doc on setting up cameras but it didn't have anything on using them.

I did a search through your doc on setting up cameras but it didn't have anything on using them.

Doc section on "Setting up cameras" refers mostly to camera transforms built into the pod itself. With external camera models when you're using JSIExternalCameraSelector, you need to also check the section of the doc describing JSIExternalCameraSelector: https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/wiki/Part-modules#jsiexternalcameraselector

There were a few things missing from the MFD "navball" that existed on the original navball and that I missed when attempting IVA control, so I modified the page to include them. Thanks for the comprehensive documentation, Mihara- it made this a lot easier to do.

I added RCS, SAS, throttle (percentage), gear, lights, and brakes state indicators. For anyone else who wants to use it, here's the text that goes in pa_PFD.txt:

[@y5] {0:SIP_6.1}m                       {1:SIP4}m/s    $&$ ALTITUDE SURFSPEED

[@x2]{0,6:000.0}° $&$ HEADING
{0:SIP_6.1}m {1:SIP4}m/s $&$ ORBTSPEED ACCEL

{0:ORB;TGT;SRF} $&$ SPEEDDISPLAYMODE

[@x-3]{0,6:000.0}° [@x2]{1,6:000.0}° $&$ ROLL PITCH
[@y8] SAS: [hw] Gear:[/hw]
{0,-3:"[#00ff00ff]On [#ffffffff]";0;Off} [@x8]{1,-4:"[#00ff00ff]Down [#ffffffff]";0;Up} $&$ SAS GEAR
[@y8] RCS: [hw] Brakes:[/hw]
{0,-3:"[#00ff00ff]On [#ffffffff]";0;Off} [@x8]{1,-3:"[#00ff00ff]On [#ffffffff]";0;Off} $&$ RCS BRAKES
[@y8] [hw]Throttle: [/hw] [hw] Lights: [/hw]
{0,5:P0} [@x8]{1,-3:"[#00ff00ff]On [#ffffffff]";0;Off} $&$ THROTTLE LIGHTS
{0:;" ";""} Burn T:$&$ MNODEEXISTS
{0:;" ";""} {1:KDTS.f}s $&$ MNODEEXISTS MNODEBURNTIMESECS
{0:;" ";""} Node in T ÃŽâ€V $&$ MNODEEXISTS
{2:;" ";}{0,17:KDT+yy:ddd:hh:mm:ss.f} {1:SIP_6.3}m/s $&$ MNODETIMESECS MNODEDV MNODEEXISTS

{0:SIP_6.3}m {1:SIP_6.3}m/s {2:SIP_6.3}m/s $&$RADARALT HORZVELOCITY VERTSPEED

Thank you Mihara for this trully amazing mod, it trully enhenced the immersion during iva and it is awesome.

I added RCS, SAS, throttle (percentage), gear, lights, and brakes state indicators. For anyone else who wants to use it, here's the text that goes in pa_PFD.txt

Could you post a screenshot of the result ?

Doc section on "Setting up cameras" refers mostly to camera transforms built into the pod itself. With external camera models when you're using JSIExternalCameraSelector, you need to also check the section of the doc describing JSIExternalCameraSelector: https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/wiki/Part-modules#jsiexternalcameraselector

Thanks for the Quick response, I assume that the translateCamera fucntion also uses x,y,z functionality?

Edit: NM it looks as if it does thanks again!

And thanks for the awsome mod, i consider this a must now!

Edited by MrWizerd