[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

Hi all!

While I love RPM and how one can integrate cameras to the MFD's, I would love to add an ability to go black/white and have nightvision (as in, a screen with enchanced gamma, for instance). Is there any way to do that?

EDIT: I would also like to know if it's possible to change how the bodies in JSIOrbitDisplay.cs are drawn - I'd like to see the bodies drawn in solid colors. This, to me, implies having to draw the orbital features in thicker lines as well. Looking at the code, I'm not really sure how to change anything other than the colors themselves.

Cheers!

Edited by Kerbrud

Hi all!

While I love RPM and how one can integrate cameras to the MFD's, I would love to add an ability to go black/white and have nightvision (as in, a screen with enchanced gamma, for instance). Is there any way to do that?

EDIT: I would also like to know if it's possible to change how the bodies in JSIOrbitDisplay.cs are drawn - I'd like to see the bodies drawn in solid colors. This, to me, implies having to draw the orbital features in thicker lines as well. Looking at the code, I'm not really sure how to change anything other than the colors themselves.

Cheers!

if you mean having nightvision and heat signature display as in your screen, romfarer lazor mods does that, if you mean having that in the cameras (ala realistic IR cameras mounted on combat aircrafts) that's not a bad idea.

I wanted to know (roughly) how long my transfer burns needed to be without adding nodes but it didn't seem to be there so I fudged this on the protractor. (pasted in the MNODEBURNTIMESECS using the targetdeltav and abs() because it came out negative, super lazy but it seemed to work!)

case "TARGETBODYBURNTIMESECS":

if (totalMaximumThrust > 0 && actualAverageIsp > 0)

return Math.Abs(actualAverageIsp * (1 - Math.Exp(targetBodyDeltaV / actualAverageIsp / gee)) / (totalMaximumThrust / (totalShipWetMass * gee)));

return double.NaN;

Any room for this or have I missed something obvious? It's over estimating by about 10% on a simple munar transfer, not sure if thats targetbodydeltav being wrong for that calculation or just the natural error from the calcuation (I'm perfectly happy with it if its not flat out wrong, I just wanted to know when roughly to light the candle).

My lovely wip transfer page:

2va09ac.jpg

Adding variants of each page with information for a specific task is making it all much easier for me. That graphical oribt view is very yummy btw!

It feels to me that pressing auto a few times to cycle pages would be better than using the cursors to select between autojeb modes (ORBIT, TARGET, Manoeuvre etc)

if you mean having nightvision and heat signature display as in your screen, romfarer lazor mods does that, if you mean having that in the cameras (ala realistic IR cameras mounted on combat aircrafts) that's not a bad idea.

Do you mean that the Lazor mod can be implemented within rasterpropmonitor? I don't wish to use separate windows, I want to use its functions in a MFD, or camera=)

Do you mean that the Lazor mod can be implemented within rasterpropmonitor? I don't wish to use separate windows, I want to use its functions in a MFD, or camera=)

No, it can't be implemented, but there is a similar thing in lazor, and yes, i would love to have the same option in the cameras, that instead of just a simple green layer, the game actually uses PiP increasing brightness and switching every color to green.

what is the proper installation procedure for this? i.e. what folders should which files go into?

copy those two configs to the folder locations

1. GameData/Squad/SPP/Mk2CockpitStandardInternal/internalRPM.cfg

2. GameData/Squad/SPP/Mk2CockpitsRPM.cfg

http://i.imgur.com/FMyBQH6.png

RPM 18.3 with KSOS 4.08 Pack1 in KSP 0.25. Happened after starting KSP and loading a savegame. Can't remember if I updated RPM from 18.2 or 18.3 between initial launch of the KSO and savegame load.

The console doesn't show anything suspicious and it seems to be limited to attitude indicators. The RPM ADI screen page doesn't show any attitude indication and the analog attitude indicator is gone.

Other vessels and capsules aren't affected (HGR Soy-Juice, default Mk1-2), so it seems to be KSOS-specific.

Is this a known bug?

ID10T error?

Any output logs I can send?

Should I rather bug the KSOS people about this?

- Edit:

Thought that this might have been related to ActiveTextureManagement and lacking a .cfg for KSOS, but it wasn't. Meh.

Same problem too.

Same problem too.

whats the output_log? RPM will display this error if there is an incorrect configuration setting in the prop config, like a missing variable. But the source of the problem can be far removed from RPM.

copy those two configs to the folder locations

1. GameData/Squad/SPP/Mk2CockpitStandardInternal/internalRPM.cfg

2. GameData/Squad/SPP/Mk2CockpitsRPM.cfg

Putting MM files under Squad's directories in GameData ("GameData/Squad/" , "GameData/NASAMission") is a bad idea, as those should just be Squad's files. I created a SPP directory under RPM's tree ("GameData/JSI/RPMPodPatches/SPP/") as they are just another RPM MM patch like the others there.

Putting MM files under Squad's directories in GameData ("GameData/Squad/" , "GameData/NASAMission") is a bad idea, as those should just be Squad's files. I created a SPP directory under RPM's tree ("GameData/JSI/RPMPodPatches/SPP/") as they are just another RPM MM patch like the others there.

internalRPM.cfg refers to the internal MU file. that should be in the same folder. you can change it to use MODEL{}; in that case you can move it somewhere else as long as you give it correct paths. but given I don't know the original assets and what Squad changed, the only way to be sure the internal loads correctly is to place the INTERNAL config in the same folder as MU and textures.

Mk2CockpitsRPM.cfg can be anywhere in GameData/

Hello, I`m getting blank windows when I go IVA.

gdOfdSs.png

Here is my log, can anyone see what might be causing it?

http://www./view/u4t18c2uv1y7a0r/KSP.log

EDIT : It seems to be a problem with the ALCOR capsule only. The MK1-2 windows work fine. I`ll reinstall ALCOR and see if that helps

EDIT 2 : After experimenting, it seems to be a conflict between ALCOR and LoadOnDemand.

Edited by John FX

Hi! Enjoying RPM , it makes me feels that I'm play FSX: KSP Edition or something. I was wondering that if you are going to add the IVAs for the Spaceplane+ Cockpits? You could use the RPM from the Spaceplane+ mod and tweak them if you wanted. Might want to ask Porkjet first though!

Hi! Enjoying RPM , it makes me feels that I'm play FSX: KSP Edition or something. I was wondering that if you are going to add the IVAs for the Spaceplane+ Cockpits? You could use the RPM from the Spaceplane+ mod and tweak them if you wanted. Might want to ask Porkjet first though!

:rolleyes: Spekz

I am experiencing a somewhat bizarre problem.

If I load the stock Learstar A1 and then go out to the launch pad with Raster Prop Monitor installed, I have no staging and have no way to actually launch. The staging shows up while still in the VAB, but is gone once on the launch pad. Then if I remove Raster Prop Monitor and try to launch with the Learstar, everything works as intended. It's the only vehicle that is causing the issue and haven't had problems launching with anything else.

See pictures below.

RPM Not Installed

2dsqwsg.jpg

RPM Installed

w81d2v.jpg

Edited by Hudsonkm

I am experiencing a somewhat bizarre problem.

If I load the stock Learstar A1 and then go out to the launch pad with Raster Prop Monitor installed, I have no staging and have no way to actually launch. The staging shows up while still in the VAB, but is gone once on the launch pad. Then if I remove Raster Prop Monitor and try to launch with the Learstar, everything works as intended. It's the only vehicle that is causing the issue and haven't had problems launching with anything else.

See pictures below.

RPM Not Installed

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2dsqwsg.jpg

RPM Installed

http://oi60.tinypic.com/w81d2v.jpg

Can confirm the problem. I'll et a copy of the log for you to shift through as soon as I can.