[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

Hasn't that request already been answered on the last page... in response to the exact same person?

That was funny!

I was just about to come here and say the same thing (forum search is useless btw), and I saw that link and downloaded it. Jeez though, Mediafire really wanted to spam me with ads today.

I've been having a propmaking issue related to JSI RPM that's been bothering me for a very long time.

ViOtI7C.png

In my FusTek Station Parts pack, I have a prop called FusTek_CurvedWallPadded_Viewport with the following mesh hierarchy:

4d86FDl.png

The corresponding prop CFG is:

PROP
{
name = FusTek_CurvedWallPadded_Viewport

MODEL
{
model = FusTek/Station Parts/Props/Structural/FusTek_CurvedWallPadded_Viewport
}

MODULE
{
name = JSIActionGroupSwitch
animationName = ViewportShutterMove
switchTransform = ViewportShutterToggleCollider
actionName = dummy
}
}

Essentially, what happens is that when the player in IVA view clicks on the ViewportShutterToggleCollider, an animation called ViewportShutterMove rotates the shutter mesh.

The animated prop itself works fairly well, but the problem is that if I use multiple instances of this prop in an internal CFG, only the last-defined instance will respond to the mouse click - the ones before that do nothing.

I suspect it's something to do with JSI RPM being unable to handle multiple instances of the same prop. However, I don't want to make duplicate unique models of this viewport panel, because prop reuse is a huge part of my add-on.

Any ideas how I can get multiple instances of this prop to work?

Um, hey, I'm using the latest MechJeb dev build which is causing RPM (I think) to throw this error which I'm not totally sure is being caused by MechJeb itself. It's also killing the ExceptionDetector window, so, could someone look into it?

Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MechJeb2\Plugins\MechJeb2.dll (this message is harmless)

Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\JSI\RasterPropMonitor\Plugins\RasterPropMonitor.dll (this message is harmless)

Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\JSI\RasterPropMonitor\Plugins\MechJebRPM.dll (this message is harmless)

AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'MechJebRPM': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MechJebRPM.MechJebRPMVariables' from assembly 'MechJebRPM, Version=0.17.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Um, hey, I'm using the latest MechJeb dev build which is causing RPM (I think) to throw this error which I'm not totally sure is being caused by MechJeb itself. It's also killing the ExceptionDetector window, so, could someone look into it?

I suspect MechJeb's made some internal changes that broke RPM's interface with it. I will try to look into it sometime this week, but work is currently prohibitively busy, so it will be a few days before I can drop an update.

I may have a look before that if I find some free time. I guess the problem is that I changed the DeltaV sim to use KER code so the result objects are different.

This going to sound like an oddly specific request, but could a variable representing distance to decelarate from current horizontal speed to zero <code>(-(SHIP:SURFACESPEED)^2)/(2*(ship:maxthrust/ship:mass))</code> be added to the next version? Would be very useful for landing.

This going to sound like an oddly specific request, but could a variable representing distance to decelarate from current horizontal speed to zero <code>(-(SHIP:SURFACESPEED)^2)/(2*(ship:maxthrust/ship:mass))</code> be added to the next version? Would be very useful for landing.

That should be easy to add. Any suggestion for the name of the variable?

I've been referring to it as LATBREAKDIST(lateral breaking distance) in my kOS scripts, but LATDECELDIST might be better.

Would it be possible to add a suicide burn timer?

I've been referring to it as LATBREAKDIST(lateral breaking distance) in my kOS scripts, but LATDECELDIST might be better.

Would it be possible to add a suicide burn timer?

It should be possible to add that, too.

I have noticed that there is no config for the Mk2 cockpits. This makes me sad.

You can get one with MasseFliegers modfied ivas. Mind it brings some visual issue: The mod is apparently made for the SPP mod, so while perfectly usuable, cockpit displays and RP-monitors don't align.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/96148-AeroKerbin-Industries-Modified-IVAs

To add to my earlier request, just trying to variables added for better targeted landings, a variable that givens the ground distance to target(as opposed to slant range), and one that gives the difference between thatt and latbreakdist would also be very useful.

Is there a master list of all the RPM screen configurations made by the community, that would work with stock RPM?

It'd be nice if there were a folder that additional screen layout scripts could be dunked into without overwriting existing layouts, maybe accessible by simply hitting the corresponding button multiple times? I say this mostly because making new layouts with the syntax you've made is VERY easy, so much more easy than making an outright mod. I think a lot of folks would appreciate the option at least, since it would give folks a chance to make something for RPM, who would otherwise be unable because they have no C# experience.

Is there a master list of all the RPM screen configurations made by the community, that would work with stock RPM?

Short of the listing on the first post of this thread, I am unaware of a master listing of configurations.

It'd be nice if there were a folder that additional screen layout scripts could be dunked into without overwriting existing layouts, maybe accessible by simply hitting the corresponding button multiple times? I say this mostly because making new layouts with the syntax you've made is VERY easy, so much more easy than making an outright mod. I think a lot of folks would appreciate the option at least, since it would give folks a chance to make something for RPM, who would otherwise be unable because they have no C# experience.

That's difficult at the least - there would have to be a way to tie a page (screen layout script) to a specific part/prop and button on that prop. The way RPM is designed, you can have multiple MFDs in a cockpit with different page layouts (for instance, a big MFD that has a navball, HUD, and docking alignment indicator, a smaller display that contains flight parameters, etc). Being able to identify the part can be challenging. I can put this request on the backburner, but it's not something that'll be possible soon, if at all. Your best bet is to edit the RPM props to add the pages you like.

Um,I have the 0.90 version,and I'm getting a bug.Specifically,NaN everywhere.Every variable,the resources,the crew roster,the navigation,etc.Help?

I don't have enough info, unfortunately. Which 0.90 version? Is RPM installed correctly? Which KSP version (and OS)?

Great MOD ! I am using this now !! Hope it works for 1.0 !

Cmdr Zeta

There will be a release for 1.0 as soon as I can get 1.0 downloaded and recompile the plugin (and apply whatever fixes need applied).

Thanks so much MOARdV! We're waiting.. :)

You might have to wait a while (possibly a few days). It doesn't look like it'll be a simple tweak, and my boss expects me to show up at work this week for some odd reason. :(

I was actually really upset when I realised the Mk3 interior's primary flight display wasn't a actual working one, nor were the other displays. I need RPM to cure my depression over this matter.

:D Take your time though, I got plenty of other mods to wait on as well. What would I ever do without KSP's modding community, I wonder.

Without this mod, we clearly see how stock IVA control panels are just inferior. :)

Inferior? How about pointless? It feels like a child's toy with stickers for dials and gages. A waste of space znd time by squad IMO. RPM should be stock!