[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

Tourshoutorpedo made an exellent iva for the stock mk3 cockpit some time last year. It has some monitors that currently dont do anything but would be excellent for rpm. On my phone so cant link but you can find it on spaceport by searching for mk3 cockpit internals.

I use the cockpit for the b9 mk5 too. Fits really well

Edited by landeTLS

Dont know if this has been coverd before... but dont want to go threw 81 pages... cant get to work on B9 cockpits. Screens are there, it shows the info screen, buttons beep... but thats it.

Not enough information. Please post your KSP_Data/output_log.txt

Tourshoutorpedo made an exellent iva for the stock mk3 cockpit some time last year. It has some monitors that currently dont do anything but would be excellent for rpm. On my phone so cant link but you can find it on spaceport by searching for mk3 cockpit internals.

Thankfully, "search this thread" option actually kind of works, so you'll be able to find that this has already been done. I don't want to put it into the main package though, because the said package has not been updated for 0.23 and has no clear method of installation I could rely on to introduce a definitely working patch.

Not enough information. Please post your KSP_Data/output_log.txt

Thankfully, "search this thread" option actually kind of works, so you'll be able to find that this has already been done. I don't want to put it into the main package though, because the said package has not been updated for 0.23 and has no clear method of installation I could rely on to introduce a definitely working patch.

Found it. Hadnt seen that thread search function before. Nice tool

Wow, holy crap. If you wanted to support high quality IVA's, I have one for you Mihara. Have you looked at the Kerbonov yet? Not to sound lazy, I just don't have experience with Part Tools or doing this, but I'm working on it now!

EDIT: Wow, surprisingly easier than I'd have given it credit for. However, whenever I try to spawn JSITrimKnobs or JSISquareButton I just get a NullReferenceException. Any ideas? Figured it out, had it set to the KSP folder instead of GameData.

EDIT2: Aaaaand done,

2014-01-19_00001_zps0a33805a.jpg~original

Kerbonov Kn-2 Cockpit

RPM Patch

This will work with either the example prop or any displays that replace the default prop, such as my own.

Edited by Hyomoto

This mod plus Telemachus seems like a possible interesting concept. you no longer are flying blind, not to mention you don't need to switch out to see your orbit. and using the panels you can target any planet moon or craft.

Wow, holy crap. If you wanted to support high quality IVA's, I have one for you Mihara. Have you looked at the Kerbonov yet? Not to sound lazy, I just don't have experience with Part Tools or doing this, but I'm working on it now!

EDIT: Wow, surprisingly easier than I'd have given it credit for. However, whenever I try to spawn JSITrimKnobs or JSISquareButton I just get a NullReferenceException. Any ideas? Figured it out, had it set to the KSP folder instead of GameData.

EDIT2: Aaaaand done,

Kerbonov Kn-2 Cockpit

RPM Patch

This will work with either the example prop or any displays that replace the default prop, such as my own.

Thanks very much ! I was just going to ask if some one had thought about adding the mfds in that pod , but you beat me to it. great work:cool:

I wonder if anyone here can help me. I'm trying to get get Scansat and Rasterpropmonitor working together. I can only get the "No satellite connection" message. I'm running KSP 0.23, RPM 0.13, and Scansat build 5. I've tried a clean install of just those three mods.

I've tried putting a MapTraq on the command pod and the mapping probe, and the same with communitrons. I've tried putting mapping parts on the manned vessel.

I get this error in KSP.log, if that helps:

[ERR 20:29:20.427] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'SCANsatRPM': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SCANsatRPM.JSISCANsatRPM' from assembly 'SCANsatRPM, Version=0.13.5123.30266, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MapMarkupLine' from assembly 'SCANsatRPM, Version=0.13.5123.30266, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
[ERR 20:29:20.437] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'MechJebRPM': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MechJebRPM.MechJebRPM' from assembly 'MechJebRPM, Version=0.13.5123.30266, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

I wonder if anyone here can help me. I'm trying to get get Scansat and Rasterpropmonitor working together. I can only get the "No satellite connection" message. I'm running KSP 0.23, RPM 0.13, and Scansat build 5. I've tried a clean install of just those three mods.

I've tried putting a MapTraq on the command pod and the mapping probe, and the same with communitrons. I've tried putting mapping parts on the manned vessel.

I get this error in KSP.log, if that helps:

[ERR 20:29:20.427] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'SCANsatRPM': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SCANsatRPM.JSISCANsatRPM' from assembly 'SCANsatRPM, Version=0.13.5123.30266, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MapMarkupLine' from assembly 'SCANsatRPM, Version=0.13.5123.30266, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
[ERR 20:29:20.437] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'MechJebRPM': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'MechJebRPM.MechJebRPM' from assembly 'MechJebRPM, Version=0.13.5123.30266, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Have you updated SCANsatRPM ,RasterPropMonitor,MechJeb2RPM , or have scansat sat that have scan the planet yet ? Have only 1 ModuleManager_1_5_6 in your ksp/gamedata dir.

Edited by Mecripp2

If I'm reading procmon right, KSP is using the correct dlls for RasterPropMonitor and Scansat.

But have you checked for stray copies? It has been a problem in the past. Posting the full log could be helpful in any case.

Is this KMP compatible?

No idea whatsoever. Try it and report results? RPM confines itself to the vessel it runs on, and few components even run when you're out of IVA, so depending on how KMP works, it might work.

Would it be possible to link up with an external cam? Like watching a jettisoned booster falling away or look though the docking cam of your targeted ship.

I wanted to overwatch my takeoffs with the help of launch clamp cams but it doesn't work after separation. Lazor-Cam is doing this but i rather want to fly my missions IVA only without the HUD enabled.

Would it be possible to link up with an external cam? Like watching a jettisoned booster falling away or look though the docking cam of your targeted ship.[/qu

I wanted to overwatch my takeoffs with the help of launch clamp cams but it doesn't work after separation. Lazor-Cam is doing this but i rather want to fly my missions IVA only without the HUD enabled.

It is possible, but I seriously don't want to deal with the mess of 'so what happens when the vessel the camera is on becomes packed' which will inevitably happen when you're 2.3km away from it. Lazors extends the packing distance, which is why it works. There are good reasons not to do it. :)

Would it be possible to link up with an external cam? Like watching a jettisoned booster falling away or look though the docking cam of your targeted ship.

That would be GREAT add on remote cam.:D

Edit @Mihara how did bobcat use the RasterPropMonitor why in space to look at KSC and the old landing stripe on the island with the monitor he was zooming in to planet surface.

Edited by Mecripp2

Edit @Mihara how did bobcat use RasterPropMonitor and why in space look at KSC and the old landing stripe on the island with the monitor ?

I'm sorry but my best attempt to parse that does not produce any questions that make sense.

Question 1: How did Bobcat use RasterPropMonitor:

RPM is intended for precisely the sort of use Bobcat put it to. He just did use it, that's it.

Question 2: "why in space look at KSC and the old landing stripe on the island with the monitor ?"

...I cannot reduce this sentence to anything intelligible at all. I suppose the answer is "Because?"

Lazor disables the camera when it unloads (was testing that with a shuttle drop-tank). I think packing equals to getting destroyed in that regard. But i understand if you don't want to integrate it. Nobody wants exploding monitors :wink:

Technically it doesn't (it gets unpacked and there it is) but vessels don't only get packed when they go out of range. In fact, when you timewarp, everything gets packed.

Lazor disables the camera when it unloads (was testing that with a shuttle drop-tank). I think packing equals to getting destroyed in that regard. But i understand if you don't want to integrate it. Nobody wants exploding monitors :wink:

What about http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/64227-0-23-06-Jan-Smart-Parts-V0-2-1-Action-Group-Triggers-and-Remote-Control-Parts the small remote parts as a range but with a camera on it that would neat.

@Mihara how did bobcat use the RasterPropMonitor why in space to look at KSC and the old landing stripe on the island with the monitor he was zooming in to planet surface.

Ooh! I'll take a crack at it, I think this reads:

@Mihara: How did Bobcat use the RasterPropMonitor while in space to look at the KSC and old landing strip on the island? He was able to zoom in on the planet surface.

To which the answer should be rather simple. RPM contains external camera capabilities and part of that includes zoom. Simply setting up a camera on the ship and a page to allow the level of zoom he wanted should be all there is to it.

Ooh! I'll take a crack at it, I think this reads:

To which the answer should be rather simple. RPM contains external camera capabilities and part of that includes zoom. Simply setting up a camera on the ship and a page to allow the level of zoom he wanted should be all there is to it.

You got it so all, I have to do is use a external camera and face the planet it will zoom that far in ? and is there away to move the camera ? or just move whole ship ?

You got it so all, I have to do is use a external camera and face the planet it will zoom that far in ? and is there away to move the camera ? or just move whole ship ?

You may need to edit yourself a camera with a stronger zoom, I haven't seen exactly how far Bobcat zoomed in, but otherwise yes. Just place an external camera on your ship and, at least for the KSI MFD, use the arrow keys to zoom in.