[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

I know the node system is planned. But could an alternative like the Protractor mod be incorporated? The numerical values like "smallest distance to encounter" and "phase angle" can be just as useful as a node system, and probably a little bit easier to code?

I know the node system is planned. But could an alternative like the Protractor mod be incorporated? The numerical values like "smallest distance to encounter" and "phase angle" can be just as useful as a node system, and probably a little bit easier to code?

Protractor values are already in there.

For some reason, the MFD's not showing in the PPD cupola pod. Only the status lights (RCS, SAS, Lights, etc) are using RPM textures, but the rest of the instrumentation is basically stock. I'm using Module Manager 1.5.6, and skipped the MechJeb and SCANsat folders, as I don't use both. No other mods, clean save, on 0.23. Anybody else seeing this?:huh:

For some reason, the MFD's not showing in the PPD cupola pod. Only the status lights (RCS, SAS, Lights, etc) are using RPM textures, but the rest of the instrumentation is basically stock. I'm using Module Manager 1.5.6, and skipped the MechJeb and SCANsat folders, as I don't use both. No other mods, clean save, on 0.23. Anybody else seeing this?:huh:

When did you update to 0.13? Because this was a known issue shortly after 0.13 rolled out, see here

Hmmm... l was looking arround to find why the glass panels was not working with the Cupola pod... the cupola-patch.cfg file have an error on the first line... it is @PART[*]:HAS[@INTERNAL[cupola]]{

but was supposed to be it is @PART[*]:HAS[@INTERNAL[cupolaInternal]]{... made the change and it works now... :sticktongue:

But Mihara said he would immediately fix it. Have you may downloaded before 13th January? Because then you need to either fix it yourself like described in the post quoted above or redownload

But Mihara said he would immediately fix it. Have you may downloaded before 13th January? Because then you need to either fix it yourself like described in the post quoted above or redownload

In any case there definitely will not be a problem tomorrow when I post 0.14. :)

In any case there definitely will not be a problem tomorrow when I post 0.14. :)

You will release 0.14 tomorrow? OMG :D

I am specially interested in the eva hatch animation thingy mentioned in the changelog and of course the working Mechjeb buttons for ALCOR :D By the way would mind tell abit more about those improvements on the Orbital DIsplay? :D

Edited by DasBananenbrot

By the way would mind tell abit more about those improvements on the Orbital DIsplay? :D

I made a couple of tweaks to JSIOD -

• Closest Approach "should" show up when a vessel or celestial is targeted. I'm not convinced it always works, but I haven't had enough time to thoroughly test it.
  • Targeted vessel or celestial orbits will render.
  • Next orbital segment is drawn (for when you change SoI).
  • Targeted celestial is represented on the map, if it's within the visible field.

Two things I still want to work on: first, drawing moon / planet orbits and positions even when they're not targeted (which will be easy to do). Second, tuning the automatic scaling of the view. I'm not happy with how it works right now. I'm targeting these features for after 0.14.

That would be GREAT add on remote cam.:D

Edit @Mihara how did bobcat use the RasterPropMonitor why in space to look at KSC and the old landing stripe on the island with the monitor he was zooming in to planet surface.

Or you can use KAS mod and tow the camera behind vessel. (just a theory)

I made a couple of tweaks to JSIOD -

• Closest Approach "should" show up when a vessel or celestial is targeted. I'm not convinced it always works, but I haven't had enough time to thoroughly test it.
  • Targeted vessel or celestial orbits will render.
  • Next orbital segment is drawn (for when you change SoI).
  • Targeted celestial is represented on the map, if it's within the visible field.

Two things I still want to work on: first, drawing moon / planet orbits and positions even when they're not targeted (which will be easy to do). Second, tuning the automatic scaling of the view. I'm not happy with how it works right now. I'm targeting these features for after 0.14.

wow that is a lot of new and awesome stuff :D

I been trying to figure a way to see of i can add a MDF to the external command seat , Bill would love it!

Better don't waste your time

Mihara answered that question on the KSI thread already

No. An InternalModule and a PartModule are similar but not at all the same, and there is no way to simply make one work as the other.

Better don't waste your time

Mihara answered that question on the KSI thread already

The idea i had was not as part , but as a MFD added to the external seat , making it a make shift command pod with out the pod. But I do not know if that is feasible.

The idea i had was not as part , but as a MFD added to the external seat , making it a make shift command pod with out the pod. But I do not know if that is feasible.
The seat is essentially just a docking port for kerbals, so no, it wouldn't be possible.

I have an issue... This:

Screenshot107.png

is all I can see. Even in ther ALCOR lander and the B9 pods, while the internals are present, still has the mangled screens...

It's installed correctly, so is there any way of me finding out what's up?

Cheers

I have an issue... This:

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n216/TheREALGabe/Screenshot107.png

is all I can see. Even in ther ALCOR lander and the B9 pods, while the internals are present, still has the mangled screens...

It's installed correctly, so is there any way of me finding out what's up?

Cheers

Active memory reduction. Just make sure that it doesn't compress the JSI file and it'll work again.

Or you can use KAS mod and tow the camera behind vessel. (just a theory)

That will work just fine as long as the KAS is in docked mode.

That isn't feasible.

However, BobCat has been experimenting with using RPM together with sfr's transparent cockpit plugin. It does work, but monitors and most other props will only update when you're actually IVA, i.e. viewing with kerbal eyes, and all the buttons and switches will only react in that case. (and seriously, how do you expect to click them when you aren't IVA, even if you can see them?) I've been thinking of detecting the sfr cockpit module and keeping them running when you're out if the pod is sfr-enabled, I might still do that. That's about as close an approximation as you might expect.

I still have no idea what will the cameras show when an sfr-enabled pod is viewed with an external camera, though, because sfr's plugin is messing with camera layers. If it gets the changes in before RPM camera class copies them, it should be okay...