[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

Hmm.. frankly I don't like kOS's syntax... have you heard of Selene? it's a KSP lua scripting plugin made by BlackNecro. and... IMHO, it might has more potential than kOS.

In this particular case it's more about how easy it is to sew them together. kOS is easy enough to sew in because I can essentially take the place of it's own console module. I've no idea whether that is true about other scripting engines.

but we can't capture the player's keyboard unless the plugin opens a window in unity and focuses on the input area, right?

That's why I'm not planning to do that, you'll have to click on buttons with your mouse.

I didn't say it would be practical! :)

Press one of the buttons next to the numbers/letter. A brings up the navball, 3 brings up the docking cam (but you need to select a reference part from screen C to use it. It'll be labelled 'docking port' or similar, either front/back and/or large etc... common sense helps here), external cams are on screen 7. The number cam corresponds with the cam ID set in flight/in the VAB.

So i click the number/ letters on the screen, or on my keyboard like an action group?

Why don't include patches for Soyuz LOK and TMA?

Sorry if answered my question before to this thread...if you can answer,because i believe these spacecrafts are so awesome,like another include patches!

What must i do,when don't work indicators from IVA (SAS,GEAR,LIGHTS,RCS),to the pods don't included to JSI patches?

Edited by CERVERUS

I apologize if this has been posted before, but I found a possible bug, or error. In the top left, the monitors show the path to a TXT which appears to be files located in this location:

C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Hyomoto\MFD\pages

Many of the buttons on the monitors do nothing and only a few actually do something, the buttons are also not labeled on the monitor. The buttons that I find work are: ScanSAT, MechJeb, Vessel Viewer, and the Navball and Cameras. I have a picture of what the monitors look like on my game screen:

qRSJcv4.png

and

8GYbnOp.png

Is it something on my end, or addon conflicting with another addon?

Edited by Cryocore

I apologize if this has been posted before, but I found a possible bug, or error. In the top left, the monitors show the path to a TXT which appears to be files located in this location:

C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Hyomoto\MFD\pages

Many of the buttons on the monitors do nothing and only a few actually do something. The buttons that I find work are: ScanSAT, MechJeb, Vessel Viewer, and the Navball and Cameras. I have a picture of what the monitors look like on my game screen:

http://i.imgur.com/qRSJcv4.png

and

http://i.imgur.com/8GYbnOp.png

Is it something on my end, or addon conflicting with another addon?

Old bug with Hymoto, its fixed

Found a bug, dont know if its been reported... You DO NOT want to be in IVA and use crew manifest to transfer crew about your ship.. You will lose your GUI, and be forced to reload.. I dont have logs because this didnt happen on my computer, but im sure i could reproduce and send logs if you need..

Why don't include patches for Soyuz LOK and TMA?

Because Bobcat is working on them.

Sorry if answered my question before to this thread...if you can answer,because i believe these spacecrafts are so awesome,like another include patches!

What must i do,when don't work indicators from IVA (SAS,GEAR,LIGHTS,RCS),to the pods don't included to JSI patches?

Sorry, but I didn't quite understand that, try another phrasing.

Found a bug, dont know if its been reported... You DO NOT want to be in IVA and use crew manifest to transfer crew about your ship.. You will lose your GUI, and be forced to reload.. I dont have logs because this didnt happen on my computer, but im sure i could reproduce and send logs if you need..

I know about that one. That's why there's still no module to move between capsules by doubleclicking on an inter-capsule hatch which I want to make.

As far as I know, this isn't my bug and isn't even the problem of Crew Manifest but a KSP shortcoming which I haven't found a way around. If you could definitely deny that this happens anyway when you're IVA, RPM is not installed, and you and use Crew Manifest to transfer crew, you might be on to something...

Edited by Mihara

Is there some way to set a certain view as the default when making an IVA using the RPM monitors? Would be nice to have that feature, allow the player to change views obviously but instead of a bank of idle screens having them set up into different stations based on task or similar would be nice, like the dragonrider IVA has one seat that is the only seat with a window facing forward for docking (as far as I can tell this isn't actually on the real dragonrider craft but nvm) meaning that seat is meant to be used for docking, having 2 MFDs one with "Target" aka 3 and the other "Select Target" aka C to see from the docking port's perspective and to make the docking port the reference part, and the docking port as the target would be a nice feature.

(Sorry about my English)

I have the JSI to my GameData.

When i use IVA with Soyuz TMA,the indicators not work when i use SAS,LIGHTS,RCS or GEAR,to indicator panel.

Maybe you have a solutions for this?

Cerverus: have you removed the duplicate RPM plugin bobcat's stuff usually has in GameData\JSI\Plugins\ ?

Current RPM versions have the plugin in GameData\JSI\RasterPropMonitor\Plugins if you have two plugins it doesn't work, delete the one I mentioned first

Cerverus: have you removed the duplicate RPM plugin bobcat's stuff usually has in GameData\JSI\Plugins\ ?

Current RPM versions have the plugin in GameData\JSI\RasterPropMonitor\Plugins if you have two plugins it doesn't work, delete the one I mentioned first

I have onle RPM plugin only in GameData\JSI\RasterPropMonitor\Plugins.

BobCat files are clear from RPM plugin.

The Spud indicator panel work,but Soyuz TMA/LOK not !

It's fairly easy to do, all pages are stored in GameData\JSI\RasterPropMonitor\Example\ExampleMFD. Edit as you want them (I did, made the navball slightly higher contrast so it's not blue on blue on blue). Be warned though, you might break some of the displays if you edit them as they pull info from the actual game (like the resources panel - it pulls and displays info from that, so there's not much to edit). I'd back them up beforehand, just in case. What were you thinking of editing, out of curiosity?

Sorry for so late replay :i (< Right smiley???)

i was think of makeing the resources panel into bars, so its easier to see and that kind of stuff :)

Edit: so øøh how do i do that oO

Edit 2: The Movie: Ooooooh boy, i have to learn to program then. Right?

Edited by OneEyedShark

Hallo,any release about Kosmos VA capsule with JSI/MFD?

I worked on one three months ago, but I never got it where it was good enough to release. One challenge is that the pilot does not have a lot of places to add instruments that can be used without moving the camera around a lot, and I don't like adding necessary props that require a 2nd or 3rd kerbal just to use them.

I worked on one three months ago, but I never got it where it was good enough to release. One challenge is that the pilot does not have a lot of places to add instruments that can be used without moving the camera around a lot, and I don't like adding necessary props that require a 2nd or 3rd kerbal just to use them.

You are right about props and the camera...

I have only one suggestion,about one only MFD for this capsule.

http://prntscr.com/324fhv

Thanks for your respond!

Edited by CERVERUS

You are right about props and the camera...

I have only one suggestion,about one only MFD for this capsule.

That's what I did: :)

enva.png

This was one of the early layouts. I may go back and revisit it, but I will probably start over from the original IVA and see if I can fit more of the important buttons close to the MFD.

I need to work on it some more to get it ready. It will take a while, so please be patient. :)

Ofcourse i be patient,i enjoy your great work,and you must feel the same,and nobody can push you about nothing,the time is yours,and i believe except me and other users will be happy with this VA JSI/MFD release plan! :)