[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

RPM should be stock. On one condition: they implement it as exact copy of this mod, no simplifications or other "enhancements".

Inferior? How about pointless? It feels like a child's toy with stickers for dials and gages. A waste of space znd time by squad IMO. RPM should be stock!

That, too. :D

As in, they don't work at all? You are talking about the dead screens in the cockpits, right?

Most of the stuff, not just screens, is just for looks.

RPM should be stock. On one condition: they implement it as exact copy of this mod, no simplifications or other "enhancements".

issue is with they would have to simplify a little, because of the Scansat module in it, as well as autopilot features from mechjeb

If this does become stock, the features i hope they include from RPM itself

Cameras - because who doesn't want to be able to see where the docking is going and other parts of the ship

Orbital stats/graphic

Delta-V stats

Gauge Panels for fuel/oxy/electricity/ore

Heat indicators

In cockpit Abort buttons

Some of the features would have to be reworked because of dependency on mods, so they would have to work on that first

HI!

As you will be rebuild RPM for KSP 1.0 i humbly ask some requests, I hope it will not be very difficult to implement:

1. the ability to call the state of "perPodPersistenceName = <name>" through an appropriate variable. Result - depending on the on/off of the prop we must have ability to make conditional branch, change text formatting, etc.

something like following:

{0:ON;;OFF} $&$ CUSTOM_<name>

2. Status of Action handlers (JSIInternalRPMButtons ø MechJebRPMButtons), should be reflected in the special relevant variables, similar to the system variables like GEAR, BRAKES, AGSTATE0..AGSTATE9, as well as status of work of KSP modules (module gimbal, moduleRCS etc). For example if i want to know when RCS works, i can not permanently use SYSR_MONOPROPELLANTDELTA because monoprop can be consumed by generators or main engine on monoprop

Question: ¿will new screens be added to the new IVAs?

And speaking about stock RPM, one of the features I hate to play without is an accurate approach distance indicator. The stock map view not only gives wrong/inaccurate information it also gives it only under some circumstances.

1. the ability to call the state of "perPodPersistenceName = <name>" through an appropriate variable. Result - depending on the on/off of the prop we must have ability to make conditional branch, change text formatting, etc.

I think this will be easy to do. It won't be part of the 1.0 compatibility release, since I do not want to delay release because of last-minute features.

2. Status of Action handlers (JSIInternalRPMButtons ø MechJebRPMButtons), should be reflected in the special relevant variables, similar to the system variables like GEAR, BRAKES, AGSTATE0..AGSTATE9, as well as status of work of KSP modules (module gimbal, moduleRCS etc). For example if i want to know when RCS works, i can not permanently use SYSR_MONOPROPELLANTDELTA because monoprop can be consumed by generators or main engine on monoprop

Adding variables for all of the RPMButtons queries will cause many new variable to be added - 16 for the internal buttons, plus 25 or more for MechJebRPM. I can do that, but it will be time consuming to code it. The ModuleGimbal / ModuleRCS type of query might be slow if I have to look at every part for every update, and there are situations where some are on, some are off. I will have to think about it a little more.

Question: ¿will new screens be added to the new IVAs?

And speaking about stock RPM, one of the features I hate to play without is an accurate approach distance indicator. The stock map view not only gives wrong/inaccurate information it also gives it only under some circumstances.

One of the updates during 0.90 added a page for the Docking Port Alignment Indicator. I am not editing any other pages myself, although nli2work gave me permission to include his SPP configs in RPM. Those will be in the 0.19 release that's Coming Soon.