[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

Very fine mod,maybe best.I am unhappy because this is not working on 64-bit version :I.

There were reports that it was working on the community hack, but well, reports of it working are very mixed, so I wouldn't know where to start debugging.

Please wait until the real 0.24 release with proper 64 bit support comes out. :)

Hello, im having an issue with the monitors having gray screens, and when I zoom in on them there seems to be some sort of EVA suit texture on them. Any idea how to fix it? Here is a picture of what my problem looks like and a screenshot of my gamedata folder.

plg9LUV.jpg

yVJNu0d.jpg

PXA7BRm.gif

Hello, im having an issue with the monitors having gray screens, and when I zoom in on them there seems to be some sort of EVA suit texture on them. Any idea how to fix it? Here is a picture of what my problem looks like and a screenshot of my gamedata folder.

http://i.imgur.com/plg9LUV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yVJNu0d.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/PXA7BRm.gif

It's been brought up before and this is the answer:

Does anyone know why the monitors aren't working and they are grey normal maps that I can't click on? I'm using ActiveTextureManagement Basic with Green Skull's configs and Hyomoto's monitors.

EDIT: Anyone?

I know that this happens when the plugin failed to load so hard that it can't even tell you why exactly. (Which it usually does, loudly, when it didn't fail that hard.)

I also know that in every case that I have investigated so far, it turned out to be an installation error, which is why I usually stay quiet, since to tell you where it is exactly requires puzzling through megabytes worth of KSP_Data/output_log.txt and there's only so many times I can do that before it gets old.

EDIT: Also, why is your sun_flare.tex.dds in that folder? Just a back up, I assume?

This usually happens when RPM textures are unloaded from RAM (i.e. they are made "non-readable"). This happens if you use ATM or TextureReplacer and you don't have directories with RPM textures under exceptions where textures shouldn't be unloaded.

For ATM you need `make_not_readable = false` setting. Look `BoulderCo/ActiveTextureManagerConfigs/JSI.cfg` for an example.

did you ever fix this problem? I've put together a number of mods which i have never used before (including RPM) and at the moment, i appear to be getting the gray screens and also nothing is interactive. I cant click on the buttons, the throttle doesn't move etc

http://i.imgur.com/pUfplPi.png

Here is a list of the mods installed:

• 6S Service Compartment Tubes 1.2

• Achievements 1.6.0

• Active Texture Management 3.1 (AGRESSIVE)

• Ambient Light Adjustment 1.1.0

• Aviation Lights 3.6

• B9 Aerospace Pack R4.0c (With Raven's Patch)

• Cargo Transfer and Tanks 0.6.1

• Chatterer 0.5.9.3

• Circular Panels v2 (with Modified Textures)

• CoolRockets! 0.4

• Distant Object Enhancement 1.3

• DMagic Orbital Science 0.8

• Docking Port Alignment Indicator 3.1

• Editor Extensions 1.1

• Enhanced NavBall 1.2

• Environmental Visual Enhancement 7.3 (High Res)

• FASA Launch Towers 3.85

• Firespitter 6.3

• HotRockets! Particle FX Replacement 7.1

• Hullcam VDS 0.2.9.5

• Hyperedit 1.2.4.2

• Infernal Robotics Parts Pack 0.15

• Jeb and Bill 9000 28.01.14

• Kerbal Alarm Clock 2.7.2.0

• Kerbal Attachment System 0.4.7

• Kerbal Dust Experiment 1.01

• Kerbal Joint Reinforcement 2.3

• KerbQuake 1.21

• Kethane 0.8.5

• KOSMOS Space Station Parts Pack R4.7.2 (With NoMrBond's TechTree Integration Config File)

• KSP Interstellar 0.11

• KSPRC 0.1.515

• KSPX 0.2.6.1

• KW Rocketry 2.5.6B

• Lazor Docking Cam 17.04.14

• LCD - Launch CountDown 1.7.1

• MechJeb 2.2.1

• Modular Fuel Tanks 4.3

• Module Manager 2.1.0

• Near Future Electrical 0.1.0 (Low)

• Near Future Solar 0.1.0 (Low)

• NovaPunch 2.03.5

• Procedural Fairing 3.01

• Quantum Struts Continued 27/02/2014 (With Edited Textures)

• RasterPropMonitor 0.16

• RealChute Parachute Systems 1.1.0.1

• Scan Sat Build 6

• SDHI Service Module System 1.9

• Small MechJeb Touchscreen Case by blizzy78 (tomtom)

• SmokeScreen 2.0.1.0

• Spherical and Toroidal Tank Pack 3.12

• TAC Life Support 0.8.0.4

• Taurus HCV 1.0.1

• Texture Replacer 1.5

• Toolbar 1.7.1

• Tree Loader 1.0

• Universal Storage 0.62

• Wheel Sounds 0.5

I had this same issue, if you still haven't resolved it I would suggest looking into KSP interstellar and active texture management. I found I was having issues with getting KSP interstellar to work with active texture manager which caused this gray screen issue as well as an issue with resource mapping causing massive lag. If you go into the boulderCo folder, go to activetexturemanagerconfigs, you will find the .cfg that controls ksp interstellar (aka warpplugin.cfg) with active texture management. I ended up adjusting the one issue which caused the massive lag, and it fixed the monitors.

Whether your problem is the same or not is unknown to me, although I changed inside the file in this line:

WarpPlugin/PlanetResourceData/.*

{

compress = true

mipmaps = false

scale = 1

max_size = 0

make_not_readable = true "<------ I changed this to false."

}

Not only did this fix the massive lag issue, but fixed my grey screen as well. It seems absolutely ridiculous that the game was fixed by something not pertaining to RPM. But its definitely got to do with your ActiveTextureManager. I hope this helped unless you already figured it out.

Also note, bring up debug in game Alt+F12, I found by doing so I resolved all my issues regarding with having like 30+ mods loaded, mind you it took me a few days to adjust the settings. :mad:

As mentioned above by obsessed and by my lengthy last post, you want to bring up your debug screen while in a game at a launch stage, check the debug for an error pertaining to a plugin not being readable, and go to your boulderCo-> activetexturemanagerconfigs and find the pertaining file and change the appropriate setting for

make_not_readable = true

and change it to

make_not_readable = false.

That looks like the Mk2 cockpit from SpacePlanes Plus. I have not been able to get RPM 0.17 to work with that at all, it always says "INITIALIZATION ERROR", and I just assumed SP+ wasn't updated for RPM 0.17 yet.

6.png

Edited by Cashen

That looks like the Mk2 cockpit from SpacePlanes Plus. I have not been able to get RPM 0.17 to work with that at all, it always says "INITIALIZATION ERROR", and I just assumed SP+ wasn't updated for RPM 0.17 yet.

http://howling-coyote.org/ksp/UKSMASEC/6.png

Do you have a Patch file like

@INTERNAL[*]:Final

{

@PROP[RasterPropMonitorExampleMFD]

{

@name = RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD

}

}

Do you have a Patch file like

No I do not. I've just taken careful steps to make sure the latest versions of RPM, MFD and SP+ are correctly installed as per their instructions. I haven't patched anything beyond that.

No I do not. I've just taken careful steps to make sure the latest versions of RPM, MFD and SP+ are correctly installed as per their instructions. I haven't patched anything beyond that.

It's supposed to be contained in JSI/RPMPodPatches/0.16-0.17-upgrade-patch.cfg so if you installed 0.17 correctly you do have it somewhere.

Mind you, if you did install 0.17 correctly, you simply wouldn't have this particular model of MFD screen.

It's supposed to be contained in JSI/RPMPodPatches/0.16-0.17-upgrade-patch.cfg so if you installed 0.17 correctly you do have it somewhere.

Mind you, if you did install 0.17 correctly, you simply wouldn't have this particular model of MFD screen.

I do have that file: I checked once you gave me the location, and it's there. I'm unable to wrap my head around how I could have uninstalled 0.17 wrong since it's really just a case of dumping the contents of its GameData folder into my GameData folder, yes? And since I just started using RPM a few days ago, 0.17 is my first and thus only install of it - there was no 0.16 to delete.

As for the MFD, this issue only happens with the SpacePlanes Plus Mk2 cockpit. The Mk2 cockpit that comes with B9 Aerospace for example works just fine.

7.png

So it seems to me it might be an issue with SP+ and not RPM, maybe. Perhaps there's some secret Dev version that I haven't been able to find (this happened with SCANsat for example). So I wasn't sure how the person on the previous page was able to get SP+ to work properly (EDIT: They didn't. That was the older 0.16 RPM MFD. I have yet to find evidence of SP+ working properly with RPM 0.17).

The only other point of commonality is Hyomoto's KSI MFD mod, which I know hasn't been updated since RPM 0.17 was released, but again, that's why the B9 cockpit has MFDs and they function just fine (EDIT: That's because you patched them :D ).

Edited by Cashen

A quick update from my last post: I managed to solve the problem. The problem was indeed in SP+. It's a pretty easy fix but I'll post it here for anyone else who runs across this issue with SpacePlanes Plus as well.

Open these two files:

GameData/SpaceplanePlus/Spaces/Mk2CockpitInlineInternals/internalRPM.cfg

GameData/SpaceplanePlus/Spaces/Mk2CockpitStandardInternals/internalRPM.cfg

And replace all instances of "RasterPropMonitorExampleMFD" with "RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD"

Nice!

Incidentally, how did you apply the custom blue window texture to the non-current pod?

that's a switch in JSITransparentPod module. still uses same texture. While the module is applied, it swaps windows with transparent shader so IVA is visible from outside; when viewing another pod with the same module from IVA, it swaps the other pod's windows with opaque shader to prevent rendering artifacts.

Edited by nli2work

that's a switch in JSITransparentPod module. swaps other Pod's windows to opaque when viewed from IVA.

I'm aware of the opaqueShaderName parameter, as I tested a dev build before 0.17 was released.

My query is that for my windows, I already implemented a nearly-transparent smoked glass texture via KSP/Alpha/Translucent Specular, and if I apply the opaque shader, I get a flat grey texture.

I used diffuse/specular as default shader for the pod windows, and let the module swap it to transparent/specular. The texture is 32bit targa. The view from IVA is what the pod would look like without RPM. If you mean you see flat grey in Unity, I'm not sure. I get display issues with KSP shaders in unity, but usually they look fine in KSP. I only supplied the window transform for the transparentTransforms parameter. That seemed the easiest way of setting it up based on how I understand the documentation.

Edited by nli2work

I used diffuse/specular as default shader for the pod windows, and let the module swap it to transparent/specular. The texture is 32bit targa. The view from IVA is what the pod would look like without RPM. If you mean you see flat grey in Unity, I'm not sure. I get display issues with KSP shaders in unity, but usually they look fine in KSP. I only supplied the window transform for the transparentTransforms parameter. That seemed the easiest way of setting it up based on how I understand the documentation.

The grey in my windows are only seen in-game on non-current pods.

If I understand correctly, the texture on the left is your diffuse, and the one on the right is your transparency map?

it's single 32bit tga. left are RGB channels; right is Alpha channel. when the texture is used by opaque shader, the alpha channel won't do anything. on a transparent shader, the alpha channel gets applied. Haven't tried PNGs or MBM. maybe that's the cause?

it's single 32bit tga. left are RGB channels; right is Alpha channel. when the texture is used by opaque shader, the alpha channel won't do anything. on a transparent shader, the alpha channel gets applied. Haven't tried PNGs or MBM. maybe that's the cause?

I think I understand now!

I've been using Fireworks CS6 to do all my textures, and while it does support a full range of transparency, I don't think it can do alpha channels the same way Photoshop does.

I'll probably experiment with this in the future, thanks! :)

I reinstalled everything on my new computer, but the cameras don't have the purple texture for some reason; it's still the original RCS thruster texture.

gamedata.jpg

It's a completely fresh install. I think it looks right, but maybe I have other mods that interfere? Every other feature seems to work properly.