[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

I make it work here Mawlr.

Just use the Active texture manager in aggressive version. I think was that that make it to run smooth here and with RasterPropMonitor working. Maybe not directly, but releasing more memory from other mods i have...

My KSP now runs smoother. :D Unfortunately the monitors are still not showing up. :(

Edited by Climberfx

Could use some help here, how do I link a slaved JSIActionGroupSwitch to actionName = intlight internalLightName = CockpitLight, perPodPersistenceName = TurnInternalCockpitLights ?

PROP
{
name = B9_RockerSwitch_Lights
MODEL
{
model = B9_Aerospace/Props/B9_RockerSwitch/model
}

MODULE
{
name = JSIActionGroupSwitch
switchTransform = Collider
actionName = intlight
internalLightName = CockpitLight
perPodPersistenceName = TurnInternalCockpitLights
needsElectricCharge = true
switchSound = ASET/ASET_Props/Sounds/click-027
coloredObject = Rocker
disabledColor = 255,171,0,0
enabledColor = 255,171,0,255
}
[COLOR="#FF0000"] MODULE
{
animationName = b9rockeranim2
switchSound =
}[/COLOR]

MODULE
{
name = JSIPropTextureShift
transformToShift = RockerLabel
layerToShift = _MainTex
x = 0.25
y = 0
}

}

Part in red doesn't work (it's a rocker switch, with emissive effect and rotation animation), emissive toggle works, it clicks, lights come on but the button doesn't rock (b9rockeranim2).

I've tried swapping "perPodPersistenceName" with actionName (what my action group buttons use, AG1 button for reference:

PROP
{
name = B9_RockerSwitch_AG01
MODEL
{
}

MODULE
{
actionName = custom01
coloredObject = Rocker
}
MODULE
{
actionName = custom01
switchSound =
}

MODULE
{
transformToShift = RockerLabelNumber
layerToShift = _MainTex
x = 0
y = 0
}

}

1-10 AG buttons work fine, but interior lights version using the same model and near the same code doesn't.

Image%202014-08-20%20at%209.48.59%20PM.png

Edited by K3|Chris

I think slave modules need actionName = dummy?

but why would you use a slave module to run the rocker switch anim at all? the lightswitch action doesn't interfere with triggering animation.

something like this should work both to control the internal Light and trigger the rocker switch animation I think

{
animationName = b9rockeranim2 // animationName from slave module
actionName = intlight
coloredObject = Rocker
}

Edited by nli2work

Can't do emissive and animation in one module, animation takes precedent and emissive stops working, if I use dummy, how does the emissive part know it's the light switch I've turned on?

PROP
{
MODEL
{
}

MODULE
{
actionName = intlight
coloredObject = Rocker
}

MODULE
{
layerToShift = _MainTex
x = 0.25
y = 0
}

}

Like that the rocking animation works, but emissive doesn't.

Reason I'm doing emissives in .cfg instead of animation is because I was stupid enough to install a too recent version of unity, a lot of work to get my project files into older unity, and having one model do different emissive colors you can just type into the .cfg is nice.

Edited by K3|Chris

Can't do emissive and animation in one module, animation takes precedent and emissive stops working, if I use dummy, how does the emissive part know it's the light switch I've turned on?

I dealt with this issue recently, not sure how it was fixed. seemed like all of a sudden slave module just started working.

Edited by nli2work

Please look at the AG1 code above for reference, that works fine, emissive isn't part of the unity animation at all, just JSI modifying the emissive color itself, but as said it can't do that in the same JSIActionGroupSwitch as an animation, my problem is getting the first JSIActionGroupSwitch with the lights in it to toggle the second with the emissive as well, using the same action group works fine for AG1-10 but I'm unsure how to do it with the lights.

sorry, we're both typing and posts go in off sync... :)

I think all you need to add in the slave module is actionName = dummy. it doesnt' have a default value from the docs. the AG rocker switch has actionName = custom01 in the slave module as well, so it works either way.

master-slave module(s) linked by the perPodPersistenceName. your master module turns the light on/off and does the emissive texture change; the slave module doesn't do any action; just plays the animationName = b9rockeranim2

Edited by nli2work

Hmm, well if I do that and add the collider in there as well it works:

PROP
{
MODEL
{
}

MODULE
{
actionName = intlight
coloredObject = Rocker
}
MODULE
{
actionName = dummy
switchSound =
}

MODULE
{
layerToShift = _MainTex
x = 0.25
y = 0
}

}

Though it's strictly speaking cheating, and will decouple if I toggle the lights some other way, considering connecting the external emissive toggle on the cockpits with the internal lights, meaning internal lights enable exterior emissive, and turning on exterior emissive toggles internal lights, and hopefully that button.

Though it's strictly speaking cheating, and will decouple if I toggle the lights some other way, considering connecting the external emissive toggle on the cockpits with the internal lights, meaning internal lights enable exterior emissive, and turning on exterior emissive toggles internal lights, and hopefully that button.

true, technically that's two master modules. I'm pretty sure the slave module doesn't need switchTransform; I'll have to check the configs tonight, I have a master-slave setup between 2 props.

Yeah slaves don't need switchTransform, as you can see above in the AG01 prop, I just need some way to read "perPodPersistenceName = TurnInternalCockpitLights" in JSIActionGroupSwitch instead of writing to it... I'm reading the documentation but I can't figure that part out, normal way is

perPodPersistenceName = nameOfYourVariable

actionName = dummy

But that doesn't work with something that toggles lights, since you need actionName = intlight to make it toggle a light... hmm...

I apologize if this has already been answered somewhere, but I can't seem to find a solution.

I can only view one external camera per part from the IVA camera selection. What I would like to do is place multiple external cameras on my cockpit which will provide different viewing angles via the IVA camera selection. I can place cameras all over my ship but again, the only ones that show up are sourced from different areas of my vessel. Also, I tried getting around this by placing a camera on the landing gear of my cockpit but it did not show up either. So, perhaps radially attached parts still count towards to parent part and thus my one camera per part limit?

If anyone could help I would be very grateful!

(P.S. This is an amazing mod, thank you for all your hard work.)

I apologize if this has already been answered somewhere, but I can't seem to find a solution.

I can only view one external camera per part from the IVA camera selection. What I would like to do is place multiple external cameras on my cockpit which will provide different viewing angles via the IVA camera selection. I can place cameras all over my ship but again, the only ones that show up are sourced from different areas of my vessel. Also, I tried getting around this by placing a camera on the landing gear of my cockpit but it did not show up either. So, perhaps radially attached parts still count towards to parent part and thus my one camera per part limit?

If anyone could help I would be very grateful!

(P.S. This is an amazing mod, thank you for all your hard work.)

did you give the additional cameras proper ID? when you first place them they are all ExtCam 1. right click on each and use the +/- sign to set them to different ID #s. you can have up to 8 distinct external cameras.

Edited by nli2work

Yeah slaves don't need switchTransform, as you can see above in the AG01 prop, I just need some way to read "perPodPersistenceName = TurnInternalCockpitLights" in JSIActionGroupSwitch instead of writing to it... I'm reading the documentation but I can't figure that part out, normal way is

perPodPersistenceName = nameOfYourVariable

actionName = dummy

But that doesn't work with something that toggles lights, since you need actionName = intlight to make it toggle a light... hmm...

yeah problematic... I tried place the intlight action in the slave module and no luck... having 2 slave modules, one for animation, one for intlight action doesn't seem to work either. might need to create an animated prop as the light source.

Has anyone been getting constant crashes from the most recent RPM?

For a while, I thought it was one mod, than another...and steadily removing mods, I came to realize that the KSP log always seemed to mention RPM before the crash. Almost always in the initial load up, or when initially loading a save.

[ERR 19:03:29.895] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'KerbonTech/Spaces/KP0110Internal/KP0110Internal' as model does not exist

[ERR 19:03:29.896] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly

[LOG 19:03:29.897] LoadInternalPart 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesMod/kp0110-remade-internal/KP0110internalRPM' FAILED: Cannot find model

[LOG 19:03:29.898] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesMod/orbital-orb-remade-internal/orbitalOrbInternalsRPM'

[ERR 19:03:29.899] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'HabitatPack/Spaces/orbitalOrbInternals/model' as model does not exist

[ERR 19:03:29.900] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly

[LOG 19:03:29.901] LoadInternalPart 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesMod/orbital-orb-remade-internal/orbitalOrbInternalsRPM' FAILED: Cannot find model

[LOG 19:03:29.902] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesStock/cupola-remade-internal/cupolaInternalRPM'

[LOG 19:03:29.929] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesStock/mk1-remade-internal/mk1PodCockpitRPM'

[LOG 19:03:29.948] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesStock/mk12pod-remade-internal/PodCockpitRPM'

[LOG 19:03:29.999] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesStock/mk1cockpit-remade-internal/mk1CockpitInternalRPM'

[LOG 19:03:30.014] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesStock/mk1lander-remade-internal/landerCabinSmallInternalRPM'

[LOG 19:03:30.033] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesStock/mk2-sh-cockpit-remade-internal/SH_mk2CockpitInternalRPM'

[ERR 19:03:30.035] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'SH_mods/Spaces/SH_mk2CockpitInternal/model' as model does not exist

[ERR 19:03:30.036] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly

[LOG 19:03:30.036] LoadInternalPart 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesStock/mk2-sh-cockpit-remade-internal/SH_mk2CockpitInternalRPM' FAILED: Cannot find model

[LOG 19:03:30.038] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesStock/mk2-sh-cockpit-remade-internal/mk2CockpitInternal'

[ERR 19:03:30.039] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model from 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesStock' directory as model does not exist

[LOG 19:03:30.040] LoadInternalPart 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesStock/mk2-sh-cockpit-remade-internal/mk2CockpitInternal' FAILED: Cannot find model

[LOG 19:03:30.041] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesStock/mk2landercan-remade-internal/landerCabinInternalsRPM'

[LOG 19:03:30.057] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Klockheed_Martian/Spaces/Skylab/part/km_skylab_internal'

[LOG 19:03:30.063] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'SpaceplanePlus/Spaces/Mk2CockpitInlineInternals/internal/mk2CockpitInlineInternals'

[LOG 19:03:30.068] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'SpaceplanePlus/Spaces/Mk2CockpitInlineInternals/internalRPM/mk2CockpitInlineInternalsRPM'

[LOG 19:03:30.087] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'SpaceplanePlus/Spaces/Mk2CockpitStandardInternals/internal/mk2CockpitStandardInternals'

[LOG 19:03:30.114] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'SpaceplanePlus/Spaces/Mk2CockpitStandardInternals/internalRPM/mk2CockpitStandardInternalsRPM'

[LOG 19:03:30.159] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/crewCabinInternals/internal/crewCabinInternals'

[LOG 19:03:30.168] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/cupolaInternal/internal/cupolaInternal'

[LOG 19:03:30.182] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/GenericSpace1/internal/GenericSpace1'

[LOG 19:03:30.197] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/GenericSpace3/internal/GenericSpace3'

[LOG 19:03:30.214] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/landerCabinInternals/internal/landerCabinInternals'

[LOG 19:03:30.218] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/landerCabinSmallInternal/internal/landerCabinSmallInternal'

[LOG 19:03:30.229] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/mk1CockpitInternal/internal/mk1CockpitInternal'

[LOG 19:03:30.236] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/mk1PodCockpit/internal/mk1PodCockpit'

Has anyone been getting constant crashes from the most recent RPM?

For a while, I thought it was one mod, than another...and steadily removing mods, I came to realize that the KSP log always seemed to mention RPM before the crash. Almost always in the initial load up, or when initially loading a save.

[ERR 19:03:29.895] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'KerbonTech/Spaces/KP0110Internal/KP0110Internal' as model does not exist

[ERR 19:03:29.896] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly

[LOG 19:03:29.897] LoadInternalPart 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesMod/kp0110-remade-internal/KP0110internalRPM' FAILED: Cannot find model

[LOG 19:03:29.898] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesMod/orbital-orb-remade-internal/orbitalOrbInternalsRPM'

[ERR 19:03:29.899] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'HabitatPack/Spaces/orbitalOrbInternals/model' as model does not exist

[ERR 19:03:29.900] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly

[LOG 19:03:29.901] LoadInternalPart 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesMod/orbital-orb-remade-internal/orbitalOrbInternalsRPM' FAILED: Cannot find model

[LOG 19:03:29.902] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesStock/cupola-remade-internal/cupolaInternalRPM'

[LOG 19:03:29.929] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesStock/mk1-remade-internal/mk1PodCockpitRPM'

[LOG 19:03:29.948] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesStock/mk12pod-remade-internal/PodCockpitRPM'

[LOG 19:03:29.999] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesStock/mk1cockpit-remade-internal/mk1CockpitInternalRPM'

[LOG 19:03:30.014] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesStock/mk1lander-remade-internal/landerCabinSmallInternalRPM'

[LOG 19:03:30.033] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesStock/mk2-sh-cockpit-remade-internal/SH_mk2CockpitInternalRPM'

[ERR 19:03:30.035] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'SH_mods/Spaces/SH_mk2CockpitInternal/model' as model does not exist

[ERR 19:03:30.036] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly

[LOG 19:03:30.036] LoadInternalPart 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesStock/mk2-sh-cockpit-remade-internal/SH_mk2CockpitInternalRPM' FAILED: Cannot find model

[LOG 19:03:30.038] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesStock/mk2-sh-cockpit-remade-internal/mk2CockpitInternal'

[ERR 19:03:30.039] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model from 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesStock' directory as model does not exist

[LOG 19:03:30.040] LoadInternalPart 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesStock/mk2-sh-cockpit-remade-internal/mk2CockpitInternal' FAILED: Cannot find model

[LOG 19:03:30.041] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesStock/mk2landercan-remade-internal/landerCabinInternalsRPM'

[LOG 19:03:30.057] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Klockheed_Martian/Spaces/Skylab/part/km_skylab_internal'

[LOG 19:03:30.063] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'SpaceplanePlus/Spaces/Mk2CockpitInlineInternals/internal/mk2CockpitInlineInternals'

[LOG 19:03:30.068] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'SpaceplanePlus/Spaces/Mk2CockpitInlineInternals/internalRPM/mk2CockpitInlineInternalsRPM'

[LOG 19:03:30.087] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'SpaceplanePlus/Spaces/Mk2CockpitStandardInternals/internal/mk2CockpitStandardInternals'

[LOG 19:03:30.114] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'SpaceplanePlus/Spaces/Mk2CockpitStandardInternals/internalRPM/mk2CockpitStandardInternalsRPM'

[LOG 19:03:30.159] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/crewCabinInternals/internal/crewCabinInternals'

[LOG 19:03:30.168] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/cupolaInternal/internal/cupolaInternal'

[LOG 19:03:30.182] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/GenericSpace1/internal/GenericSpace1'

[LOG 19:03:30.197] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/GenericSpace3/internal/GenericSpace3'

[LOG 19:03:30.214] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/landerCabinInternals/internal/landerCabinInternals'

[LOG 19:03:30.218] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/landerCabinSmallInternal/internal/landerCabinSmallInternal'

[LOG 19:03:30.229] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/mk1CockpitInternal/internal/mk1CockpitInternal'

[LOG 19:03:30.236] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/mk1PodCockpit/internal/mk1PodCockpit'

These are pretty harmless. RPM comes with several patch configs files that adds screens to stock IVAs and some other Mods IVAs. if you don't have some of the IVAs, you get errors like these. all it means is the IVAs will load without RPM screens, assuming you have those parts to begin with.

These are pretty harmless. RPM comes with several patch configs files that adds screens to stock IVAs and some other Mods IVAs. if you don't have some of the IVAs, you get errors like these. all it means is the IVAs will load without RPM screens, assuming you have those parts to begin with.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I guess I'll have to figure out what's causing the crashes.

EDIT: I was getting multiple crashes on loading, deleting the RPM mod fixed it. Arg. I'm on 64-bit, maybe I'm hitting the memory ceiling...?

EDIT EDIT: And reinstalling RPM caused the same crash. Well, I think I can rule this the culprit. :( It always seems to crash when loading the 'VSI' prop from Squad's own cockpits--is RPM modding something in there that would cause it to crash over and over?

Edited by Synthesis

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I guess I'll have to figure out what's causing the crashes.

EDIT: I was getting multiple crashes on loading, deleting the RPM mod fixed it. Arg. I'm on 64-bit, maybe I'm hitting the memory ceiling...?

EDIT EDIT: And reinstalling RPM caused the same crash. Well, I think I can rule this the culprit. :( It always seems to crash when loading the 'VSI' prop from Squad's own cockpits--is RPM modding something in there that would cause it to crash over and over?

the obvious first, I figure you probably already have this checked, but just in case. KSP 24.2 and RPM 0.18.2 right? 64bit shouldn't be an issue as far as memory or RPM goes since Mihara only tests on 64bit. But again, that's assuming you only have RPM and no other mods.

RPM uses some stock props and adds internal modules to them to give them extra functionality. The part of logs you posted is harmless. but there may be something else at another part that could help resolve the issue.

try this: delete the output_log.txt from KSP_Data; then start your game as normal and reproduce the crash; then post or send me your output_log.txt.

Edited by nli2work

I'd appreciate some help with this:

ooMHuWA.png

My idea is in concept simple, but I'm trying to figure out how to implement it in rpm .cfg form.

• Step 1: This is the starting condition as pictured above, lock1 50% emissive, only button you can push.
  • Step 2: You can only push lock1, if you push lock1 the button gets depressed a bit and it's 50%~ emissive goes to 100%, lock2 becomes 50% emissive and clickable.
  • Step 3a: If you click lock2 it depresses and turns 100% emissive same as lock1 did, and the cover over the abort button flips up and the abort button telescopes out and turns 50% emissive.
  • Step 3b: If you click lock1 again it pops out and turns from 100% emissive to 50% and lock2 turns 0% emissive. (going backwards in the chain of progression).
  • Step 4a: If you click abort it flashes 100% emissive and plays a sound (and triggers abort action obviously)
  • Step 4b: If you click lock2 it pops out and turns 50% emissive and the cover over the abort button closes after the abort button telescopes back and turns 0% emissive.
  • Step 5: Click abort button again to cancel the abort and reset all the buttons and cover back to step 1.

I basically need a 4 step animation I can go forwards and backward in, and not be able to skip steps (except from 4 to 1).

I know how to do each individual animation, that's easy, but I'm struggling conceptually a bit on how to control it properly. I could do it in jQ no problem, but I'm unsure on how to do it using RPM/KSP/Unity.

My idea so far is to use a perPodPersistenceName variable that counts up/down depending on what button you push, but I can't see any way to do If statements in rpm/ksp.

Is it possible to make clicking a collider check a variable and go to a specific frame in an animation? I see no mention of going to anything but the end/start, I imagine one main animation for the whole process would be a lot easier than 3-4 separate animations.

Help would be appreciated.

Edited by K3|Chris

Can someone help me with this mod?

i downloaded and used the latest version of RPM (v0.18.2) on kerbal version 0.24.2, and the thing is that, the screens are showing me NaN readings everywhere.

module manager is at version 2.2.2, and when i tried having both mod managers ver 2.2.2 and ver 2.2.0 together, i still have the NaN readings everywhere.

the JSI >>RPM >> Plugins folder has one copy of RPM and MechJebRPM, both versions 0.18.2.

i tried reinstalling the mod, but i still received the NaN readings.

heres how it looks like

k8mEXlY.png

and here are the messages from the debug

jpl18fO.png

aEKOop5.png

2jgR3Lk.png

something to note here is that the orange messages keep on coming in constantly at like, 10 messages per second?

really loved this mod back in kerbal 0.23.5 and would really like to enjoy it again in 0.24.2

thank you for your time

heres how it looks like

http://i.imgur.com/k8mEXlY.png

and here are the messages from the debug

http://i.imgur.com/jpl18fO.png

http://i.imgur.com/aEKOop5.png

http://i.imgur.com/2jgR3Lk.png

something to note here is that the orange messages keep on coming in constantly at like, 10 messages per second?

really loved this mod back in kerbal 0.23.5 and would really like to enjoy it again in 0.24.2

thank you for your time

only use 1 module manager dll, never 2.

the errors are caused by the IVA props not set up correctly, or using older RPM varibles that are no longer used in v18.2; RPM is working fine. IVAs built with RPM v0.16 or earlier are not compatible with v0.18.

Is that IVA from B9 v4? best bet is wait for B9 v5 release.

Is it possible to make clicking a collider check a variable and go to a specific frame in an animation? I see no mention of going to anything but the end/start, I imagine one main animation for the whole process would be a lot easier than 3-4 separate animations.

This set up requires checking multiple interdependent 1/0 variables, I don't think it's possible without your own plugin and call it via PLUGINACTION{} in ActionGroupSwitch.

maybe possible with master-slave ActionGroupSwitch and perPodPersistenceName, the middle step would require 2 perPodPersistenceName variables. and you'd have to animate the collider boxes. pretty iffy.

Edited by nli2work