[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

Does ALCOR Camera steering work only in ALCOR capsule? As it seems that in NohArksPnP's and KSO capsules Up and Down bottoms have no affect on ALCOR's camera movement as in ALCOR capsule. I've looked through internal cfg files and cannot find a thing that handles camera ALCOR's Pitch and Yaw movement.

Thanks for the help!

they would be in the RPM prop config file. I might have missed linking camera controls on my pods. I'll check later tonight. The zoom +/- should work on all external cameras, but only the docking camera is steerable.

and if you are mounting ALCOR's camera on a different pod, camera controls probably won't work fully, if at all.

Edited by nli2work

they would be in the RPM prop config file. I might have missed linking camera controls on my pods. I'll check later tonight. The zoom +/- should work on all external cameras, but only the docking camera is steerable.

and if you are mounting ALCOR's camera on a different pod, camera controls probably won't work fully, if at all.

Yes, I've mounted ALCOR camera on a different pod and it did work except that pressing UP and DOWN bottoms on display have not affect on camera movement. I thought of taking lazor and Hullcam, but their steering did not work either. Do you know is it possible to add this option? I can do it myself, as it's not that important. Thank you.

Could anyone recommend a large-font MFD?

I'm currently using the KSI version, and it's gorgeous, but my eyes aren't great and the fonts are small enough that I can't read them unless I zoom right in on that screen. The multi-screen displays in my SP+ cockpits aren't a whole lot of use if you can only ever see one at a time.

Edit: oh, after looking at my current setup 6 characters fit easily at that size, so -396.5 fits nicely, -/non- has one space dedicated to it, "." takes one etc. -100.5k (---)0.1 etc.

Just to make sure I got it (sorry, only one cup of coffee into the day...): you want three characters for the format, no sign character, and values above 99k displayed as RNG (or --- or some such?). Or, based on your edit, you're okay with 5 characters, keep the sign, and allow values >= 100k? I'd recommend the latter to improve the utility of the format if you're willing to go that route.

Well the ladder range still stops at 100km, you're not going to use the airplane overlay at that altitude, except perhaps if you fly at eve or something, but I don't mind it tracking at a higher altitude, same line would be useful on other displays as well and I guess it should be fairly obvious from the formating string what the limit is and I can just adjust that if/as needed.

I can't help but think of all the different useful things MFD's did in Orbiter when I see this. I love it! This could really, massively improve Kerbal into something more like a true in-the-cockpit type flight sim!

On that note, and facing a rather annoying problem recently, I made this thread requesting a descent assisting plug-in. Other than toying with config files, I have no knowledge of programming to implement it, but I'll do all the work on the mechanics and calculations that I can - which is just about all of them (I've spelled out most of it in the post). Just postin' here 'cause it looks like it would be a perfect addition to RPM, much like the Horizontal Situation Indicator plugin.

anyone know how I can get a list of shaders loaded in KSP? for substituting in TransparentPod's "transparentShaderName =" ; tried several names from Unity with/without quotes, nothing seems to work except the default. Probably because I don't have the correct shader name.

Just wanted to quickly let you know that I have been playing with this mod in 64 bit ksp install with an assload of other mods, and a touchscreen. And it works. Really well. I'm on windows 8.1 and I'm using an asus laptop with nvidia 750m gpu (2gb) and 16gm ram, no issues. Buttons are responsive, and easy to press on the first try each time.

Hello! I have a question about making an RPM plugin: I've got my plugin working, but only by editing MFD40x20.cfg in RPM's own folder. If I make my own cfg according to the format described in the github repo help (~JSI\RasterPropMonitor\Plugins\myfile.cfg, content: "PAGE {...}") it doesn't get picked up. The dll is picked up fine and is in the same folder.

Obviously editing the mod's cfg isn't the right thing to do! What am I doing wrong? Is there more to the format than just "PAGE { blah/n } "?

Quick question based on the cameras, also apologies if this gets asked every few pages, browsing through 200 pages is quite the task. Anyway what other camera mods actually work with this, im having trouble doing completely iva tasks because i find it so difficult to find strategic spots on my craft to place a camera, due to the fact that the one in this mod only has the attachment in the middle.

I tried that hullcam mod and they did not show up in the RPM. Is there any coding i can do to adapt these or are there any other mods with camera models which are compatible? I am going to take grab the camera from the alcor module, last time i checked this mod didn't work but maybe the camera will. Anyway any advice would be good thanks... i wonder if i can attach it the end of a communotron 16.

Anyway amazing mod, thanks in advance.

Quick question based on the cameras, also apologies if this gets asked every few pages, browsing through 200 pages is quite the task. Anyway what other camera mods actually work with this, im having trouble doing completely iva tasks because i find it so difficult to find strategic spots on my craft to place a camera, due to the fact that the one in this mod only has the attachment in the middle.

I tried that hullcam mod and they did not show up in the RPM. Is there any coding i can do to adapt these or are there any other mods with camera models which are compatible? I am going to take grab the camera from the alcor module, last time i checked this mod didn't work but maybe the camera will. Anyway any advice would be good thanks... i wonder if i can attach it the end of a communotron 16.

Anyway amazing mod, thanks in advance.

Reinforcing this: the cameras are awesome, but they're a sod to place right. Anyone know of an RPM-compatible camera mod that lets you adjust the aim of your in-flight cameras from within IVA?

Reinforcing this: the cameras are awesome, but they're a sod to place right. Anyone know of an RPM-compatible camera mod that lets you adjust the aim of your in-flight cameras from within IVA?

ALCOR cameras and the ALCOR MFDs. B9 has 2 cameras for each cockpit you can zoom and pan as well, though both are forward facing.

it depends on how the monitor is configured. TrasparentPod has a camera part with color coded direction to help placement. if you want all the cameras to be steerable you have to add the ExtCams to the SteerableCamera page instead of standard external camera pages in the RPM config.

feature request, more of an extention. JSIActionGroupSwitch can trigger Prop and External animations; JSIInternalEVAHatch can trigger Prop and IVA animations.

can JSIActionGroupSwitch be extended to trigger all 3? Prop, External, and IVA animations in synch via PerPodPersistenceName?

to run this without kicking the Kerbal out basically

LclwPfQ.jpg

Question: How do I add a PAGE to the RPM config file, without editing the master file? I.e. what file extention should I use, where should I place this file, and what should it's contents look like?

I can edit the master file and add my own custom pages no problem, but I'd like to define the PAGE {...} in a separate file next to my dll ideally.

Many thanks!

The mod which makes IVA a reality rather than playing pretend in a box. One of the greatest mods, and one which should have been stock.

I second the Kerbalstuff request, but this admittedly is more of an API with bundled demo than a mod unto itself.

Also was curious about support for things like non-day based Life support, to display the time remaining based on available resources? Or integration with Remote Tech targeting and connections, that would be awesome as well.

feature request, more of an extention. JSIActionGroupSwitch can trigger Prop and External animations; JSIInternalEVAHatch can trigger Prop and IVA animations.

can JSIActionGroupSwitch be extended to trigger all 3? Prop, External, and IVA animations in synch via PerPodPersistenceName?

to run this without kicking the Kerbal out basically

http://i.imgur.com/LclwPfQ.jpg

Can this be done for the stock parts/pods as well? It's something I really really want to see!

Code fix for the TTMK3 cockpit:

//=========================//
// RasterPropMonitor //
//=========================//

///////=== TTMK3 Cockpit Mod ===///////

@PART[mark3Cockpit]
{
MODULE
{
name = JSIInternalPersistence
}
}

@INTERNAL[GenericSpace3TTUPGRADE]
{
MODULE
{
name = InternalCameraTargetHelper
}

PROP
{
name = RasterPropMonitorBasicMFD
position = 0.0002519488,-1.177192E-05,0.03249689
rotation = 0,0,0,1
scale = 0.8181539,0.6867037,0.7228604
}
PROP
{
position = -0.2960808,0.682427,0.07691021
rotation = -0.08715598,0,0,0.9961947
scale = 0.6111457,0.611146,0.6111453
}
PROP
{
position = -0.2536634,-1.2E-05,0.07219167
rotation = 0,0.1305262,0,0.9914449
scale = 0.8181536,0.6867037,0.72286
}
PROP
{
position = 0.2532766,-1.2E-05,0.07194075
rotation = 0,-0.1305262,0,0.9914449
scale = 0.8181536,0.6867037,0.72286
}
PROP
{
position = -0.4838606,0.682427,0.07691
scale = 0.611146,0.6111463,0.6111462
}
PROP
{
position = 0.2942997,0.682427,0.07691
}
PROP
{
position = 0.482941,0.682427,0.07691
}
}

I really don't know where to download the cockpit internal anymore for the MK3 or if its still around to download, but this is for people who have it.

quick question regarding JSIOdometer.

the signs texture for SI display mode; is that still in a 10 Char vertical strip? or 8 Char? e.g 32x320? or 32x256? can't seem to get it to match up correctly whether I do 10 char strip with 2 blanks for char 9 and 10, or 8 character strip. What side does characterSize refer to, vertical or horizontal? I assume the unit is pixel?

everything else I got working very nice. Great display module.

OK, its been a long time since I have played KSP and use this mod, how to I activate my docking port camera? I don't have to change anything in the MFD40x20.cfg file do I?

From outside veiw I right click to select another docking port as target. Then I think I selected a button from bottom that toggles external cameras, still no go.

There must be another way to this, I assume.

you have to use target menu in RPM to select a docking port reference part (same as "Control From here" option in external view menu); must be done in IVA. if you exit IVA the reference part is reset to command pod. Blame Squad for the reset.