[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

you have to use target menu in RPM to select a docking port reference part (same as "Control From here" option in external view menu); must be done in IVA. if you exit IVA the reference part is reset to command pod. Blame Squad for the reset.

Yeah, thanks! I finally got it squared away.

I have a couple of questions.

1. the textureshift-function.

I changed the x-axis in 0.25 steps to get the right picture no problem here

than i tried to increase the y-axis by 0.25 to get the row below....but it the texture shifted in the opposite direction, so i have to use -.25 for this.

So...to be sure for the future, we have for x a kind of "mesh-shift" and for y a "uv-shift" and this way will be kept?

2. maybe a common question, is there anyway to trigger and or activate firespitter animations ,or do you suggest to get rid of it and try something completely different (but no larch :D)

3. Is there a way to use the undock-function?

4. is it possible to activate a parachute or all parachutes on the vessel (like mechjeb does)

5. I have some problems to trigger the BIOMEID with JSIVariableAnimator, could some drop a couple of lines to do this (Water)

and last.....RPM is a kerbaltastic plugin I simply LOVE IT!

1. Is your UV flipped in the U direction? that would cause the sympton you have. textureShift reference point is lower left corner of UV space and is additive. shifting Y by 0.25 will move your UV patch up, not down. the additive bit can get very confusing. I ended up just doing a texture for labels and used absolute UV coordinates to make it easier.

2. not sure what you mean by firespitter animations... Action Group would be one way to do it. perPodPersistenceName could work as it triggers animation directly, not through any modules, so should work for any animation in the MU file.

3. should be able to undock via Target Selection Menu in the MFD

4. Action Groups? You might wanna check out JSIPartUtilities, there are some modules there that deal more with Part Modules.

5. not sure what you are attempting to do... BIOMEID only displays a string, there's not much you can do with it.

1 ->it just confused me that (+) shifts y up, but x to the left....but it´s my fault, cause I think more gfx-like ââ€Å’ instead of good old graphs like ââ€â€ ..so no problem if this does not change

2> I use the actiongroup-way , but my intention are a solutions without any actiongroups. And yes I can start the animation itself with a dummy entry and perPodPersistenceName , but that does not affect firespitter itself-> so I have no sound . If i use an regular animation I could realize the sound via

rpm...but I need the sound in the exterior.....

3> that gives me some path to more . i will take a look in the mfd configuration, maybe I could adapt some one-button-way from it.

4>thank you! thats a really good hint for a couple of problems....cause, i don´t like actiongroups:-=

5>oh disappointing, my intention is to to start an action if the BIOMEID is xyz... so there is no way to do this?

1. lower left corner is 0,0 UV; + values will shift up and to the right. but it's additive; so if your UV patch started at 0.2, 0.2; shifting 0.25Y will put it at 0.2,0.45; which will make the texture to appear shifted downward.

2. that's considerably more involved. not sure if there's a way to do it with RPM at the moment. need to chat with Mihara and see what's possible.

4. RPM does have Mechjeb interface built-in so you can trigger Mechjeb functions through the MFD. I don't know how extensive it is. Might be enough to handle the parachute thing.

5. It may be possible; even though it's a string there is probably some index[#] associated with each BIOMEID that you could use to trigger VariableAnimations... but from what I can tell, you can't use BIOMEID or BIOMENAME for any VariableAnimation stuff directly.

Hi!

in 0.23.5, I was performing my manned missions about 80% IVA where applicable, because it's a lot of fun when using this mod. However, I did ramp it up a bit with Hyomoto's KSI addon. Now that KSP has upgraded to 0.24.2, I can't get Hyomoto's addon to work (I know, you're thinking "well, go ask in THAT thread, then!" I did - noone has said anything in that thread for quite some days.). To be clear, stock RPM works in 0.24.2, but the KSI addon does not. I've tried everything regarding the different Module Managers (I have the newest one, the one for KSI and the one for RPM, and I've tried using the newest only).

Do any of you guys have some clues as to what's going on, or some pointers for me to check?

Thanks in advance!=)

PS - If you guys know of other MFD's than Hyomoto's (apart from ProbeControlRoom) - please let me know!

Hi!

in 0.23.5, I was performing my manned missions about 80% IVA where applicable, because it's a lot of fun when using this mod. However, I did ramp it up a bit with Hyomoto's KSI addon. Now that KSP has upgraded to 0.24.2, I can't get Hyomoto's addon to work (I know, you're thinking "well, go ask in THAT thread, then!" I did - noone has said anything in that thread for quite some days.). To be clear, stock RPM works in 0.24.2, but the KSI addon does not. I've tried everything regarding the different Module Managers (I have the newest one, the one for KSI and the one for RPM, and I've tried using the newest only).

Do any of you guys have some clues as to what's going on, or some pointers for me to check?

Thanks in advance!=)

PS - If you guys know of other MFD's than Hyomoto's (apart from ProbeControlRoom) - please let me know!

Here... an alternative version of Hyomoto's made by WaRi https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3r9rAJzZRqbTXBZWU5jakpxdlU/edit?usp=sharing

not working as in the prop appears but nothing displays? or not work as in no prop in the IVA at all?

Ah, a bit too unclear again, sorry.

What I'm seeing is the stock RPM - as in, everything works, but I'm unable to use the configs made by Hyomoto for a custom MFD-set.

maybe wrong paths to the asset or wrong links to page definition files. did you try the alternate version from WaRi?

Yeah, the paths could be wrong, if Majjir changed those since a previous version. I'll check that out later! I've written my own version of Hyomoto's MFD, you see - and I'd be very glad if I could use those;) But first, I need to get Hyomoto's to work.

Are you able to use RPM+Hyomoto in 0.24.2, by the way?

I haven't tried that yet, no. I'll make sure to test later!

Yeah, the paths could be wrong, if Majjir changed those since a previous version. I'll check that out later! I've written my own version of Hyomoto's MFD, you see - and I'd be very glad if I could use those;) But first, I need to get Hyomoto's to work.

Are you able to use RPM+Hyomoto in 0.24.2, by the way?

I haven't tried that yet, no. I'll make sure to test later!

haven't tried it yet. will test it out if I get a chance tonight

haven't tried it yet. will test it out if I get a chance tonight

I fixed it!

1 Install newest version of RPM

2 Install older version of RPM, merging folders, but not overwriting new files with the old ones

3 Install Hyomoto MFD

4 Enjoy IVA

I found that Hyomoto was looking for information in paths that no longer exist in the newest version of RPM, so by installing an old (what was the newest for 0.23.5 for me) version, I fixed it.

I kept all modulemanager-files as they were (4 of them now...)

Thanks Kerbrud

I picked up Hyomotos changes to test them out and noticed nothing in RPM changed.

I was scratching my head wondering what i could have done wrong adding the plugin. At first i suspected "maybe it was integrated into the base RPM" but the buttons looked different so i kept searching for an answer. Found you and feel the search is over.

I found the old version 0.17 public release on the RPM download page that looks to support 23.5

will follow your fix and try it later today.

So I've been using this mod for a while now with the stock capsules and love it to death. Along with kerbtrack and a touchscreen I feel like I get better immersion then I could with an oculus rift. I have a question though. I want to be able to add one of the basic screens, like the ones added to all the stock capsules, nothing fancy like alcor, to a capsule made by roverguy in his exploration pack. The part in question has a working IVA (I believe it is a "transparent" IVA). I have very very limited modding ability, and would not trust myself to even generate a .cfg file (nor do I even know where to go to do that). So, my question is, are there folks here taking requests for part .cfgs for RPM, or is there a tutorial somewhere that can teach me how to do this?

If you think this is immersive, try it with kerbtrack and an Oculus Rift... :)

or you know... google cardboard.... they work too.... and they use your high end phone for something other than calling people...

:P

EDIT(i remembered what i was gonna say :P): hi sorry for bothering anyone on this but i keep getting JSIactiongroupswitch and JSIswitchablelabel initialization error when i select the cyclops pods from the "retro future" mod pack. i've tried re-installing them with no luck... the RPMs work and so do the actiongroups/switches.

oh i get these errors in the SPH/VAB.

so any help on the matter?

Edited by AntiMatter001

If you think this is immersive, try it with kerbtrack and an Oculus Rift... :)

While google cardboard looks super cool, and I might be interested if I was still an android user, I have a laptop with a touchscreen and RPM works with that. When I want to use an RPM monitor with kerbtrack I just lean in and touch the control on the screen. I wouldn't be able to do that with a rift in the way unless I had these:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/06/05/control-vr-motion-tracking-gloves/

And a corresponding KSP pluggin similar to kerbtrack to accept input from them.

I'm so glad asus made a decent laptop with a dedicated GPU (nVidia gtx 750m with 2GB VRAM) AND a touchscreen, couldn't find any other laptops with touchscreens and GPUs at the time. Seems like such an obvious thing to make though. Sid Meier's civ 5 has touch control!

If I want the oculus rift feel I'll just use a projector on the wall behind the laptop for ridiculously big version of what I see.

Edited by Errol

I fixed it!

1 Install newest version of RPM

2 Install older version of RPM, merging folders, but not overwriting new files with the old ones

3 Install Hyomoto MFD

4 Enjoy IVA

I found that Hyomoto was looking for information in paths that no longer exist in the newest version of RPM, so by installing an old (what was the newest for 0.23.5 for me) version, I fixed it.

I kept all modulemanager-files as they were (4 of them now...)

I assume you're referring to "GameData/ModuleManager.dll". That's only because in the most recent ModuleManager versions, they negotiate between themselves and only the most recent does anything. With older versions, having more than one of them would lead to lockups. You really only need the lastest ModuleManager (v2.3.5 right now). (However, archive a working MM version, as sometimes when going through updates, ModuleManager has had a lot of problems. Holding at a working version kept me going.)

As for RPM, this is how I installed it:

1. Install RPM v0.18.2 from here

2. Patch it with Hyomoto's MFD as updated by WaRi from here in the Hyomoto MFD thread

3. From Hyomto's Black Interface skin here extract file "GameData/Hyomoto/MFD/images/nosignal.png" and copy it to that location, as it gives a cool "NO SIGNAL" testcard

Edited by Jacke