[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

I have that version its not really working for me

More details would help us to help you. That version works for me. Try cleaning out RPM and reinstalling it as I detailed back 4 posts. Here are the files mine includes to help you clean out yours if you want to give this a try:

GameData/B9_Aerospace/RPM/*

GameData/Hyomoto/MFD/*

GameData/Hyomoto/Patches/KSI-MFD-RPM-master.cfg

GameData/Hyomoto/Patches/patch-SH_KN2CabinInternal.cfg

GameData/Hyomoto/Patches/RPM-GenericSpace3TTUPGRADE.cfg

GameData/Hyomoto/Patches/RPM-SH_KN2CabinInternal.cfg

GameData/Hyomoto/Patches/RPM-SH_mk2CockpitInternal.cfg

GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor/*

GameData/JSI/RPMPodPatches/*

This mod is absolutely fantastic, and has led me to an entirely different playstyle - all IVA and no HUD (where possible).

Just today I discovered I love the mod more than I thought . . . because I was looking through my screenshots folder and found a number of screens labelled "monitor" which were obviously generated by Raster Prop Monitor, and are dynamic captures of screen data. The problem is, I have no idea how this happened. My best guess at the moment is that when you press the normal screenshot button, RPM automatically makes a screen of whatever MFD displays you have up.

My favorite so far is this one :

oCSOzVK.png

If anyone can confirm how this is actually done so I can do it a lot, thanks.

Can I ask for the title of the thread to separate the words `raster` `prop` and `monitor` as it makes the thread really hard to search for otherwise?

Doing a search for `raster prop monitor` does not find the thread

Doing a search for rasterptropmonitors (yes I now know I put an extra `s`) does not find the thread

Even doing a search for `raster` does not find the thread

I had to go to releases and search all the titles.

Anyway, came to ask about the current Mechjeb integration and whether we still have to wait for major releases or can we use dev versions?

This mod is absolutely fantastic, and has led me to an entirely different playstyle - all IVA and no HUD (where possible).

Just today I discovered I love the mod more than I thought . . . because I was looking through my screenshots folder and found a number of screens labelled "monitor" which were obviously generated by Raster Prop Monitor, and are dynamic captures of screen data. The problem is, I have no idea how this happened. My best guess at the moment is that when you press the normal screenshot button, RPM automatically makes a screen of whatever MFD displays you have up.

http://i.imgur.com/oCSOzVK.png

that is how it works. every MFD screen makes an image when you do screen cap by default. you can turn it off with doScreenShot = false flag in the RPM config file if you prefer. Some pages will generate multiple images, for example the HUD page, it can get annoying occasionally.

http://i.imgur.com/oCSOzVK.png

When you are in an IVA scene and you type F1 to get a screenshot, not only do you get the screenshotN.png of the whole view, each RPM monitor display is saved as a separate file. View your screenshots sorted by date to see the whole screenshotN.png files next to the related monitor*.png files.

Hello Mihara,

First of all your Mod is awesome sauce ! :D

Scond I would like to ask you if you could take a look at the Skillfull Mod made by ID.

The reason is that no MFD´s Work once Skillfull is active, no clue why :/

Would be awesome if you would take look.

A

Will get some Logs then.

Also a big thanks for the pointer, didn´t know such a thread existed.

Edited by BSR

Hello Mihara,

First of all your Mod is awesome sauce ! :D

Scond I would like to ask you if you could take a look at the Skillfull Mod made by ID.

The reason is that no MFD´s Work once Skillfull is active, no clue why :/

Would be awesome if you would take look.

A

follow the steps in How to Get support thread; generate a log and link that.

Edited by nli2work

I'm getting an initialization error on KSP 0.24, RPM 0.18.2. I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 x64, and I'm using KSP x64 as well. Player.log file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11942025/Player.log

I'm using the latest ModuleManager, MechJeb, and SCANsat.

Unrelated to the issue, I'd like to say how much I love this mod. I used it on Windows before, and it's quite simply one of the coolest plugins available for the game. Makes me feel like a real Kerbonaut! I'd love to get this working on Linux, so please let me know if there's anything more I can provide.+ Reply to Thread

EDIT: Seems to be a problem with ASET, double checking that everything is installed properly. In any case, thanks for your continued development of this excellent plugin!

Edited by Veelay

Initialization error in VAB/SPH with any transparent command pods is normal. ASET's new rover parts and my transparent pods. As long as instruments are functional after launch it's nothing to worry about.

I love this mod. So when I ran across these (link below) interactive, 360 degree panoramics of the space shuttle flight deck and lower deck. I was a bit amazed that I actually understood a fair portion of what I was looking at due to using RPM. Your mod adds so much to gameplay.

Combined with Kerbquake and better atmospheric sounds, re-entry can be downright terrifying! Thank you.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/95659-Beautiful-interactive-pictures-of-the-space-shuttle-flight-and-lower-decks

^^^^^^^ shameless self-promotion ^^^^^^^^^

Edited by pslytely psycho

Well, I'm not dead.

I am, however, very busy with my day job, so I don't really have time to continue working on RPM for the upcoming month or so. (It should clear up later)

As such, I only have time for a maintenance release to correspond with 0.25 and make it work again. This is it.

RasterPropMonitor v0.18.3

This is a maintenance release to make RPM work with KSP 0.25 again.

• Bundled ModuleManager version updated to 2.5.1.
  • Bug where transparent pods would cause spurious configuration error warnings has been fixed.

Thanks for the update, looks like its working ok. The RasterPropMonitor.version is still the old one though, so KSP-AVC doesn't see the update yet.

But the bundled one is not new either. Ack.

EDIT: Fixed, please redownload if that you use KSP-AVC.

Edited by Mihara

Well, I'm not dead.

I am, however, very busy with my day job, so I don't really have time to continue working on RPM for the upcoming month or so. (It should clear up later)

As such, I only have time for a maintenance release to correspond with 0.25 and make it work again. This is it.

RasterPropMonitor v0.18.3

This is a maintenance release to make RPM work with KSP 0.25 again.

• Bundled ModuleManager version updated to 2.5.1.
  • Bug where transparent pods would cause spurious configuration error warnings has been fixed.

Active Version Checker is still giving me a compatibility warning. Mod itself seems to work just fine, the warning is a little annoying though. Not sure if this is an issue on your end or theirs. Just an FYI.

This has quickly become one of my favourite mods. Wouldn't update my KSP unless it would work!

Is there a complete user manual? I never figured out what the "MECO" (or something like that? I'm at work now, can't check) light means. In fact, I only figured "A/D" meant "Ascent/Descent" like last week. I'm that slow sometimes.

What I really miss is an indicator for Fine Control (Caps Lock).

This has quickly become one of my favourite mods. Wouldn't update my KSP unless it would work!

Is there a complete user manual? I never figured out what the "MECO" (or something like that? I'm at work now, can't check) light means. In fact, I only figured "A/D" meant "Ascent/Descent" like last week. I'm that slow sometimes.

What I really miss is an indicator for Fine Control (Caps Lock).

Took me a while to figure out what that was too. :)

MECO = Main Engine Cut Off. There's a very detailed documentation wiki on Mihara's github.

Edited by nli2work

Has anyone try to port over the old configs over from Space Planes + to work with RasterPropMonitor? I pulled over the 4 configs to do it, but they didn't work. I think there is some need to change in the code to work.

Mk2CockpitInlineRPM.cfg

Mk2CockpitStandardRPM.cfg

internalRPM.cfg (from both internals spaces)

I don't know if someone has a code already to make it work, if not I will look over it later.

Has Kerbquake been re-compiled for 0.25?

I don't think it has been updated since 0.23.5, (version currently on Curse) but it worked in 0.24.2 and ATM isn't working at the moment so I'm still playing my last stable install waiting for updates to complete.

Has anyone try to port over the old configs over from Space Planes + to work with RasterPropMonitor? I pulled over the 4 configs to do it, but they didn't work. I think there is some need to change in the code to work.

Mk2CockpitInlineRPM.cfg

Mk2CockpitStandardRPM.cfg

internalRPM.cfg (from both internals spaces)

I don't know if someone has a code already to make it work, if not I will look over it later.

Something has changed, everything is slightly higher, they are going to need to rebuild for this mod.

Took me a while to figure out what that was too. :)

MECO = Main Engine Cut Off. There's a very detailed documentation wiki on Mihara's github.

Ah, the GitHub! Many thanks.

--

edit: Can only find a developer manual there, but then found this:

A/D - ascent/descent, lights up red if you're going down and green if you're going up.

MECO - main engine cut off, lights up when the engine is off.

CONT - Contact light. Lights up when the lowest point of your ship (i.e. the landing gear) is 1.676m off the ground, which is what the length of Apollo LM's ground probes was. Once it lights up, you're supposed to shut the engine off and fall, in theory. :)

CONT was another one I couldn't figure out.

Suggestion: User Manual! The Developer Manual is GOOD, but doesn't help me figure the standard interface much.

Edited by monstah