PorkWorks dev thread [Habitat Pack] [SpaceplanePlus]

Porkjet

Porkjet, the space plane parts are working great for me. They are the only large delta wing craft that I have ever been able to fly properly.

All my big delta aircraft want to go nose down. I'm guessing it is because of the large lift you are putting on the body parts?

I managed to land my first space plane from orbit last night, thanks.

It's not. It just has no IVA, and no portraits.

The Mk2 cockpit and crew compartment don't have portraits? Is this normal? Is there a fix?

PS: I just found this thread. I LOVE THESE PARTS! Beautiful.

The Mk2 cockpit and crew compartment don't have portraits? Is this normal? Is there a fix?

PS: I just found this thread. I LOVE THESE PARTS! Beautiful.

No real fix- Porkjet has not made a IVA for them yet.

when i try to put landing gear on the bottom it is off center and causes the plane to veer off of the runway and explode

Try turning the angle snap setting off and placing the landing gear again. Some of the wings also have lines on the textures that will be perfectly straight, and you can line up the landing gear's straight sections (especially using the B9 pack) to those.

Keep trying, its really very tricky to place them.

PorkJet, are there any plans to add some window glow to the command pod and the crew module? It would make it easier to see and cooler looking when it's dark.

The Orbital orb has window glow, it has an option to toggle it. For the spaceplane parts, yeah why not, I'll probably add that too.

Porkjet, the space plane parts are working great for me. They are the only large delta wing craft that I have ever been able to fly properly.

All my big delta aircraft want to go nose down. I'm guessing it is because of the large lift you are putting on the body parts?

I managed to land my first space plane from orbit last night, thanks.

Glad to hear that tommygun :) The body lift isnt large, its quite suptle, but makes a huge difference when trying to make delta wing style planes. Usually if you attempt those with stock parts you have to add canards to the front which kinda ruins the sleek look you'd expect from a hypersonic aircraft.

What about getting Portraits working? How do I get my Kerbals out of the plane once it lands?

PS: The MK2 parts are brilliant beyond belief. I have ben playing around with B9 parts trying to find something I like, and then I found your Mk2 SpacePlanePlus pack. This is it. This is exactly what I want.

What about getting Portraits working?

If you have B9 and ModuleManager installed, you can make up a config with the following inside:

@PART[mk2Cockpit]
{
INTERNAL
{
name = B9_Cockpit_MK2_Internal
}
}

This will make Porkjet's model use the B9 internal, and make the portraits work.

The buttons above the portraits have never been the only way to get your Kerbals out of a pod. Try clicking on the hatch!

I tried that with my own custom pod and you have to have an IVA for those buttons to appear, for whatever reason. It doesn't have to have enough seats to house all the kerbals, but there needs to be an IVA.

I tried that with my own custom pod and you have to have an IVA for those buttons to appear, for whatever reason. It doesn't have to have enough seats to house all the kerbals, but there needs to be an IVA.

No that isn't true. I can get the Kerbals out of porkjets cockpit or FLAT just fine without an IVA. I just click the hatch.

No that isn't true. I can get the Kerbals out of porkjets cockpit or FLAT just fine without an IVA. I just click the hatch.

Also, remember, the Hitchhiker didn't even have an IVA when it was first put in the game

I have been able to click on the hatch. Works fine. I'm definitely looking forward to having Portraits, cause I like watching the stupid faces the Kerbals make. But, clicking on the hatch door gives methe option to EVA them.

Hi Porkjet,

Your new fuselage works fine, I made a Shuttle (works as the real one).

just some suggestions IMHO think that the Mk2 set misses an inline shielded docking port and add an animation to Shock Cones Intakes that makes the cone slide forward when the intake is closed.

Edited by Kirondoll
Wrong link

Hey Porkjet, I really like your parts. Is there any way to convince you for an inline cargo bay that functions better with the habitat parts? I've been looking for good, stock-like inline cargo bays forever, but nobody seems to care to make them except when they're in that {} plane shape.

edit: With due credit, DaMichels' cargo bay is the best I've found thus far, but even then I'd like an option for part class sizing.

Edited by Franklin

Try the MagicMouse. I believe it comes with new macs. It works great for me.

I have a crappy mouse with my mom's mac. It has to have right click toggled. Oh, and i'm planning on getting FS 98 some time soon. Check it out, because it is an old flight simulator and is very, VERY nice on your RAM and runs at, like, 70 FPS.