PorkWorks dev thread [Habitat Pack] [SpaceplanePlus]

Porkjet

BOOSH my favorite mod becoming stock. Congrats on getting official recognition for your great work!

Edit: Only because you generally asked, here are my opinions on the new parts:

All the noses and Tailpieces are fantastic!

That hypersonic Nose brings a tear to my eye, and the more rounded one is a great option for more realistic re-entry vehicles.

I like the flat "ducktail" and I think it will be useful. If I wanted to make a pointed part I can slap some fins on there like the 'tail Fin' or 'AV-T1' fins to get that nice Horton flying wing shape. Having a wedge shape stock kinda closes-out options.

I would be happy with the radial cockpit as is, but there is something a little irksome aesthetically about the triangle windows. I think my advice would be that you have lots of curves going on with the canopy frames so it makes the little pointy windows seem tacked on. Maybe try them with curves to mimic the rear canopy mating surface?

xjFDUp7.jpg

Also, shave off that sloping-down curve at the rear a bit if possible and slap a hatch there! :)

Outside contender:

VCChQmC.jpg

So excited...

Edited by Exothermos

Sorry, no. Not buying it. It's not like they're sitting there cycling color all the time. And it's not like the color changing feature (texture swapping really) is something unknown and unproven.

I find them to perform the same as any other intake.

Same here. I've got a spaceplane that I use all the time that has eight of those intakes and there's no loss of performance.

Congratulations to Porkjet on getting the mod into the game! It was about time! SpacePlane Plus really fits so perfectly with the stock aesthetics, and has such high quality that one wonders why they didn't think of turning it into stock before.

Now if only Squad considers adding the habitats...

I work with one of the NASA project engineers (no longer at NASA...) who led up the transhab/inflatable habitat project. I sent him a link to the OP and he came over to talk to me about it. He thought it was really cool what Porkjet has done =)

RIP porkjet, devoured by the squad curse of hiring talented modders who then release nothing ever again, may his ghost be happy with Clara, bac9 etc

(seriously though congrats, your work is amazing)

RIP porkjet, devoured by the squad curse of hiring talented modders who then release nothing ever again, may his ghost be happy with Clara, bac9 etc

(seriously though congrats, your work is amazing)

They didn't hire him, they just bought the 1.4 version of SP+.

When I Install Spaceplane plus Into KSP It Can Start But The Cargo Door Will Not Work!!!!:(

dude can you read? do you even look back on the last 2 pages?

You MUST have the firespitter plugin aka the dll file in the gamedata/firespitter/plugins folder or, open they bays will not!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Porkjet,

Will the old MK2 craft able to load in 0.25?

And how about the height of new MK2 part compare to old one?

I worry the new one just shrink the top half to make it symmetrical, it will make the cargo bay even smaller.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question - we have seen some extra SP+ parts drafts (e.g. 1.25+2x0.625 adapter, engine shroud, pointy nose/tail, etc)

Will we ever get these parts?

They are not present in stock, so will there be extra pack for them, or will they eventually arrive to stock?

Thanks

I have a question - we have seen some extra SP+ parts drafts (e.g. 1.25+2x0.625 adapter, engine shroud, pointy nose/tail, etc)

Will we ever get these parts?

They are not present in stock, so will there be extra pack for them, or will they eventually arrive to stock?

Thanks

We will never get them now, it's the curse of modders being hired by Squad.

• 1 month later...