PorkWorks dev thread [Habitat Pack] [SpaceplanePlus]

Porkjet

Porkjet,

I'm trying to put together a ModuleManager file to add a DeadlyReentry ModuleHeatShield to your Mk2 parts. However, doing so requires that I know which "direction" (in regard to the x/y/z axes of the model) corresponds to the bottom. Unfortunately, this seems to vary quite a bit from one module to another among stock parts (e.g., direction = 0, 0, 1 for the stock mk2Fuselage, whereas direction = 0, 0, -1 for the mk3Fuselage, and direction = 0, -1, 0 for the bottom of the mk1pod).

Could you tell me the correct "direction" for the bottom of your Mk2 parts?

Could you post the cfg if it works? I am also using DeadlyReentry :)

I have a (hopefully minor) request

Blank frame-works, essentially empty simple models if you would be willing share with us (as .blend/.fbx etc) that exactly match the end profiles of the non-circular/non-stack parts so we could make parts which match exactly to the Mk2 and/or others

It would be nice if these example models were part of the PartTools package actually (or an sanctioned version of Taniwha's .mu loader)

Hello I am planing to use F.L.A.T-habitat on a planetary surface. Have anyone found any good landing legs for it? Most solutions I have found builds up too much so the entrance end up too high up for Kerbals to enter easily. Due to the animated nature of the part it is not possible to attach a ladder.

This is what I am using atm:

http://i62.tinypic.com/r2qqug.png

Any suggestions are welcome

It seems like I were using a older version of KAS. It now works to attach a ladder to the habitat after it have been deployed. very nice

I officially request fuselage parts with box shaped recesses that I can fit the KSO landing gear into. One standard sized and shaped one like the ones we have (cabin, fuel, fuselage) . Possibly it might be half length but same width... just long enough for the nose gear.

And one fuselage that can fit against the back of those but 2-3 times wider to allow both the left/right gear and moar fuel. (or possibly fit all three landing gear and could fit against the end of the cockpit)

And now... my attempt at a spaceplane. Please don't laugh :(

I don't spaceplane very well.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Starwaster

I officially request fuselage parts with box shaped recesses that I can fit the KSO landing gear into. One standard sized and shaped one like the ones we have (cabin, fuel, fuselage) . Possibly it might be half length but same width... just long enough for the nose gear.
Something that would both look and work better (symmetry for example) would be to use the recessed landing gear from B9.

Something that would both look and work better (symmetry for example) would be to use the recessed landing gear from B9.

Since when does B9 have recessed landing gear?

Do I need to go download a new version????????////slashslash

Since when does B9 have recessed landing gear?

Since quite a while ago.

Do I need to go download a new version????????////slashslash

If you want the recessed landing gear, yes.

I suggest starting a 2.5m jet project ant the cockpit should be inspired this sweet baby:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/IL-78_Midas.jpg

You do realize that the MK2 spaceplane overhauld is still in development? I don't think that PorkJet would start on something new while still working on an addon in beta.

The spaceplane parts DO NOT like Ferram..

True. It was stated earlier on in the thread that due to the complications of getting this to play nice with FAR and retain the stock lifting body attribute, FAR compatibility would not be done by Porkjet, at least not while this is under active development. He might take the time to fight with it later.