PorkWorks dev thread [Habitat Pack] [SpaceplanePlus]

Porkjet

The cool thing is people who think it holds too many can edit the part.cfg to hold less and people who think it can hold more can do the same. Yay! Everyone wins!

Everybody who is a modder. The rest are SOL.

Everybody who is a modder. The rest are SOL.

Wow a text editor is such 1337 haX0r tool, lulz!

"Snip"

PART

{

name = mk2CrewCabin

module = Winglet

author = Porkjet

mesh = model.mu

rescaleFactor = 1

node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.25, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.25, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

CrewCapacity = 4 <=== Edit that tharr number, yee Hawww!

"Snip"

PART

{

name = mk2CrewCabin

module = Winglet

author = Porkjet

mesh = model.mu

rescaleFactor = 1

node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.25, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.25, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

What, no indentation?

What, no indentation?

Ehhh... at least in windows notepad (I'm not on my Linux box at the moment) Porkjet's configs don't indent until the module stuff.

It is a hell of a lot better than some people that have massive one line config files that no matter what your word wrap options are you have to add carriage returns and indents manually to be readable (I'm blaming it on Macintosh people not sure though).

Ehhh... at least in windows notepad (I'm not on my Linux box at the moment) Porkjet's configs don't indent until the module stuff.

It is a hell of a lot better than some people that have massive one line config files that no matter what your word wrap options are you have to add carriage returns and indents manually to be readable (I'm blaming it on Macintosh people not sure though).

Nah, those people just use Notepad++ instead of Notepad. It works a lot better when you're working with configs (Makes matching brackets etc much easier).

That reminds me I need to dig out UltraEdit and install it on my new system. Used to use it to edit configs and C code on a ftp server, would have a terminal open to compile. Haven't tried Notepad++.

That reminds me I need to dig out UltraEdit and install it on my new system. Used to use it to edit configs and C code on a ftp server, would have a terminal open to compile. Haven't tried Notepad++.

or Gedit... i use Gedit XD

also i fiddled with the nodes and got it to (sorta) fit with the B9 parts... also just for fun i launched a tiny ship with super powerful engines today...

lets just say if you point it and just let go of the controls it'll go to 2000m/s in under 2 mins... pig to turn though and the re entry effects are BLEH on my computer

it doesn't fit with this pack though... unless someone is willing to give me the correct node positions.

I can probably sort that I will have a go on the weekend but the textures still won't match.

I too would also love more fuselagey and aerospacish parts in your pack PJ.

I may also have a go at scaling up your SPP pack so I can hoof bigger payloads up into orbit in style.

I have done the same with the KSO taking it up to 1.2 rescale so 2.5 payloads fit with a little wiggle room.

I can probably sort that I will have a go on the weekend but the textures still won't match.

I too would also love more fuselagey and aerospacish parts in your pack PJ.

I may also have a go at scaling up your SPP pack so I can hoof bigger payloads up into orbit in style.

I have done the same with the KSO taking it up to 1.2 rescale so 2.5 payloads fit with a little wiggle room.

read the post above yours. i already did it XD oh and couldyou posibly give me the bigger KSO?

read the post above yours. i already did it XD oh and couldyou posibly give me the bigger KSO?

Bah! Sorry didn't see your post.

Yes mate but on my phone will host it tomorrow for you and pm a link I need to tweak the landing gear nodes a bit more but it works.

"Snip"

The line between being sarcastic and being an ass is a vague one, but you've most certainly crossed it.

If I asked you to go build me a bookshelf without a manual or anyone to give you assistance, it'd take you a pretty long time to do right, assuming you don't have any carpentry experience. Just because something is simple and easy doesn't mean everyone knows how to do it by default.

Nah, those people just use Notepad++ instead of Notepad. It works a lot better when you're working with configs (Makes matching brackets etc much easier).

Ok, I use Notepad++ and I'm not having any trouble with formatting in non-Notepad++ applications. I don't believe Notepad++ is the problem.

Edited by Starwaster

The line between being sarcastic and being an ass is a vague one, but you've most certainly crossed it.

If I asked you to go build me a bookshelf without a manual or anyone to give you assistance, it'd take you a pretty long time to do right, assuming you don't have any carpentry experience. Just because something is simple and easy doesn't mean everyone knows how to do it by default.

If there wasn't a decent amount of documentation out there that anyone with half a brain could find I might agree with you about me being an ass but since there is I think you are a busy body ass yourself Sr. White Knight.

If you asked me to build a bookshelf you'd be barking up the wrong tree and I'd tell you to sod off. If I wanted to build a bookshelf id look up plans online and look up manuals and instructional videos for any tool necessary that i didn't already know how to use.

Unlike what mdapol seemed to believe I am no mod builder, I am just someone unafraid to open the "black box" fiddle with it's guts and figure out how it works. It's how i learned how to repair computers, it's how I learned a few scripting languages, Photoshop, NI LabVIEW etc... I was at least kind enough to show 'em how to do it, don't see anyone else jumping in to give lesson on it.

It is one of those things where if someone is unwilling to do something the way you want it, it is up to you to do it yourself.

Edited by StEligius
PS

If there wasn't a decent amount of documentation out there that anyone with half a brain could find I might agree with you about me being an ass but since there is I think you are a busy body ass yourself Sr. White Knight.

If you asked me to build a bookshelf you'd be barking up the wrong tree and I'd tell you to sod off. If I wanted to build a bookshelf id look up plans online and look up manuals and instructional videos for any tool necessary that i didn't already know how to use.

Unlike what mdapol seemed to believe I am no mod builder, I am just someone unafraid to open the "black box" fiddle with it's guts and figure out how it works. It's how i learned how to repair computers, it's how I learned a few scripting languages, Photoshop, NI LabVIEW etc... I was at least kind enough to show 'em how to do it, don't see anyone else jumping in to give lesson on it.

It is one of those things where if someone is unwilling to do something the way you want it, it is up to you to do it yourself.

I agree with StEligius but I think you should both drop it or continue the conversation via IM :P

the spaceplane parts are really awesome!how do I remove the lif from the fuselages?tis kind of weird for me and cant seem to figure out how to make something flyable.any example pics anyone?

edit:i had some bug that made most pieces have couble the lift...but the bug went away so everything fine now

708M0cZ.png

here is a nice shuttle to send crew to my spacestations and interplanetary ships

Edited by techstepman